Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

14 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

So, the way I read this, is you don't want to cater the offense to it's personnel--primarily a young, late-round QB? Didn't people pitch a fit about how we kept running long-forming plays downfield when we couldn't support that kind of offense?

Square 1 was coming of a 3-win season with very little real talent and Dwayne Haskins at QB. So, again, that's not true either.

Actually, with a rebuilt Oline, a guy like Howell will have time to play a downfield game.  I see no reason to decide the guy can't throw downfield given adequate time just because he's a late rounder.  We've go the WR speed, without question.  Ron and Martin themselves sat in that presser and admitted it is a fundamental, philosophical choice they are making, not a choice because of personnel.  

I see a 7th rounder in SF doing just fine running an offense that is a good mix of everything.  I see no reason our 5th rounder (whom, for a long while was considered a 1st rounder) can't do the same.  

After three unsuccessful years, Ron has totally switched his philosophy (again, admitting it isn't due to current personnel).  He's a relic that is now grasping at straws, looking for a much safer way to play football even though it offers the narrowest path to victory.  That is absolutely how I see it.  If you see it differently, I respect that.

Edited by Redwards
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Redwards said:

Actually, with a rebuilt Oline, a guy like Howell will have time to play a downfield game.  I see no reason to decide the guy can't throw downfield given adequate time just because he's a late rounder.  We've go the WR speed, without question.  Ron and Martin themselves sat in that presser and admitted it is a fundamental, philosophical choice they are making, not a choice because of personnel.

High percentage, short, quick passes is what QBs like Dak Prescott and Russell Wilson were developed on.  Throwing Howell in some bombs-away, deep passing scheme is great way to ruin him--especially since we currently do not have the offensive line to support that offense. And as far as beefing up the line--I'd love the idea, but this assumes Snyder is willing and able to add payroll to a team he is most likely selling. I don't see that happening.

4 minutes ago, Redwards said:

I see a 7th rounder in SF doing just fine running an offense that is a good mix of everything.  I see no reason our 5th rounder (whom, for a long while was considered a 1st rounder) can't do that same.  

So you think Rivera and the OC-to-be are on the same level as Kyle Shanahan at developing a qb-friendly, effective, dynamic offense? Why the hell do you want to get rid of him then??

7 minutes ago, Redwards said:

Ron has totally switched his philosophy (again, admitting it isn't due to current personnel).

He probably is--but if you don't think it's to cater to personnel, I have some bitcoin and NFTs to sell you.

But it's clear we won't agree...

• Like 1

No offense in the NFL is based around throwing 30+ yard bombs downfield regularly. Its all about short quick passes to guys in space and let them pick up YAC, and then when the opportunity presents itself you take a big shot or two.

The problem is Turner's offense was either run into a wall for anywhere from -1 to +1(unless the ball carrier made some heroic moves to pick up positive yardage) or drop back 7 steps and attempt 40 yards downfield. We simply didn't execute slants, curls, any of the easy short pass game stuff that is the bread and butter for most good offenses.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Short quick pass game is fine. That's how most NFL offenses are nowadays. Nobody is really throwing 50 yard bombs that often.

A short quick pass on 1st down often nets you an easy 6-7 yards. That's the bread and butter of the modern passing attack. That would be a welcome sight after three years of 1st down run for 1.

For sure, ask San Francisco fans how they like it!

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The problem is Turner's offense was either run into a wall for anywhere from -1 to +1(unless the ball carrier made some heroic moves to pick up positive yardage) or drop back 7 steps and attempt 40 yards downfield. We simply didn't execute slants, curls, any of the easy short pass game stuff that is the bread and butter for most good offenses.

And RR fired the previous guy who actually did this and hired Turner then took 3 years and a dozen or so QBs to realize his own buffoonery. 

Now he's got it all figured out. :headbang:

• Like 1

The day Ron is gone, it will be glorious.

Let’s see the nfc east since Ron’s been here:

Ron wins the East with a losing record in his first year. 2 losing seasons and 1 .500 season.

Giants hired Joe Judge the same year as Ron and have 2 losing seasons. This year a new coach and playoffs with 9 wins. Won a playoff game so far.

Boys hired Mike McCarthy same year as Ron. 1 losing season and 2 12 win seasons. 2 playoff seasons. Won Division last year and has a one playoff win so far.

Philly. Pederson gets fired after 2020. Hires Nick Sirianni in 21. He makes wild card with 9 wins. This year wins East with 13 wins. To be determined whether they get their first playoff win.

The rest of the East has had more success than Ron has.

But Ron has an albatross on his neck, Dan Snyder.  So did every other coach under Dan. 

Norv- in his nearly 2 years he got one division title with 10 wins and even a playoff win.

Marty, Steve failed here.

Joe- in his 4 years had 2 playoff seasons and 1 10 win season and a playoff win.

Jim- failed here.

Shanny- one division title with a 10 wins in his 4 years. 

Jay- 2 winning seasons and 1 division title with 9 wins in his 51/4 years

Ron- 1 division title with 7 wins and 1 .500 season.

Despite the albatross of Dan; Norv, Joe , Mike and even Jay achieved a little more than Ron did.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Thumb up 1

Ran Carthon hired as the Titans' new GM. That means over the past 2 years, the Niners have picked up 8 3rd round comp picks for minorities on their staff getting hired for head coach and GM roles. If DeMeco Ryans gets a HC job, that'll make 10 3rd round comp picks.

I am all for special incentive to hire and groom minorities so they get hired by other teams for GM and HC roles but 2 3rd round comp picks seems excessive, especially because many new GMs and HCs get hired from the same 5 or so organizations. Maybe there should be a cap on the number of comp picks a team can get a cycle from this rule

Edited by method man
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, method man said:

Ran Carthon hired as the Titans' new GM. That means over the past 2 years, the Niners have picked up 8 3rd round comp picks for minorities on their staff getting hired for head coach and GM roles. If DeMeco Ryans gets a HC job, that'll make 10 3rd round comp picks.

I am all for special incentive to hire and groom minorities so they get hired by other teams for GM and HC roles but 2 3rd round comp picks seems excessive, especially because many new GMs and HCs get hired from the same 5 or so organizations. Maybe there should be a cap on the number of comp picks a team can get a cycle from this rule

Well compensatory picks are always at the end of their respective rounds so compensatory 3rd rounders are essentially 4th rounders. The hit rate on guys taken that late is pretty low so I wouldn't sweat it too much, but I'm fine with good organizations being rewarded for having top talent poached. Its not like the teams that hire them lose picks either so its alright.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

That list I'd be fine with Shurmur or Bevell, I do not want Zampese, I know nothing about the others.

They have to at least interview Zampese out of courtesy, right?  At least most organizations seem to do that.

Edited by HigSkin

Going on the premise that Shurmur isn't just giving us a courtesy interview......If the team wants him, they should offer him the job sooner rather than later. RR will find a way to screw this whole process up.

Forget about anyone from the Buffalo staff coming to DC while RR is running things. Zero chance.

On 1/17/2023 at 11:58 AM, Warhead36 said:

No offense in the NFL is based around throwing 30+ yard bombs downfield regularly. Its all about short quick passes to guys in space and let them pick up YAC, and then when the opportunity presents itself you take a big shot or two.

Al Davis is spinning in his grave hearing that. 😐

Edited by RVAskins
  • Haha 2