Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

13 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I'm just tired of the whole thing. Let's please let ST just rest in peace and not have any more do-over tributes.

Exactly!!! Snyder is never ever going to get any of this right. 

It reminds me of those of us having a deadbeat dad that you just want to forget exists. 

Birthday, he doesn't call, show up, nothing.

Mom raises hell about it, tries to make his life miserable by telling everybody, his parents, siblings, etc.

Next year he shows up with a gift from the dollar store or some lame BS present.

Mom loses it again.

Rince/Repeat for years until you tell her who cares and to just get him out of my life.

It's just dumb and moronic to expect anything different by now. I know, you know, everybody knows, that Dan Snyder is a total POS. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, RansomthePasserby said:

It has a low effort, low quality, waited to the last minute to throw something together vibe to it. It feels like they’re lazy and hoping they’ll pull a fast one on us so they can go back to getting paid to do nothing. It’s kind of insulting the more I think about it. 

Nothing sums up the last 23 years under Dan Snyder than this. Well said.

• Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I heard on the TV news yesterday that Taylor's daughter designed the memorial. Even if that's true, does anyone really believe that she chose a wire frame mannequin to represent her father??

Pretty sure she designed the gear that was being sold not the actual mannequin. The Taylor family is way too gracious to say anything negative about what the team is doing though so I doubt we’ll get clarification from them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rockluc said:

Pretty sure she designed the gear that was being sold not the actual mannequin. The Taylor family is way too gracious to say anything negative about what the team is doing though so I doubt we’ll get clarification from them. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Snyder silenced them with NDAs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Still waiting on Jason Wright's "my bad" mea culpa this morning...

I dont put this debacle on Jason Wright. I put it on Tanya with Dan still basically running the day to day. It’s similar to the new name. Dan had made his decision the whole time even though they were saying “hey let’s get the fans input”. Dan is still the same conniving little man who had his lunch money taken by bullies as a kid. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, spjunkies said:

I'm going to shut up about the memorial. His little girl likes it and that's all that really matters. 

See...I disagree, and let me explain. 

On the surface, of course, his daughter's opinion is extremely important. But the organization or anyone defending the organization pointing to a young woman being overwhelmed with gratitude and emotion when her murdered father is honored in any way doesn't really mean much to me. Of course she's going to appreciate any gesture! But that still doesn't automatically mean the gesture was proportionate or adequate to the build up or hype that the team led with.

When the sad day comes that I am in her shoes, I'm going to feel genuine heartfelt appreciation for anyone who takes the time to say any nice words to me about my deceased parent 15 years later...so a day in their honor, a memorial, a statue, a street name, etc. is going to resonate. But, I also think that makes her one of the least representative opinions out there when gauging how the team did with this tribute. 

My two cents. 

• Like 8
  • Thumb up 2

Can we just stop using STs name for publicity every few months?  I loved Sean Taylor, but at some point in time this team has to have a second player in franchise history to be remembered, and at the very least needs to stop just looking for excuses 2-3 times a year to invoke his name for money and sympathy.  Definitely done with it.  A normal franchise would have done a very classy memorial tied with the road renaming on the same day in one year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

So what Keim's saying is that Ron Rivera is finished this offseason no matter what. It's been 21 years since the team screwed that up, and 21 is the magic number that this team likes to screw up with.

The team is going to drop a teaser saying that the new head coach is someone that's had statues built in his likeness. When the official press release comes out, it'll be revealed that our new head coach is a wire mannequin.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 5

The team dropped its first two games at home in 2016 against Pittsburgh and Dallas, but then proceeded to go 6-1-1 in the next eight, with the loss coming on a lightning quick drive by Detroit at the end of the game and the tie against Cincy in London where Dustin Hopkins had an easy FG to win it in OT and missed badly. Of course, we wound up missing the playoffs, and people of course remember Kirk's INT at the end of the season finale vs NYG, but a couple weeks prior to that we lost badly at home to a Rivera-coached Panthers team that was having a bad season coming off the Super Bowl appearance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Showing cool and calmness is good in times of chaos. Early in the season wasnt chaos. It was outright putrid play that needed some show of emotion. 

Rivera like Gibbs aren't demonstrative on the side lines -- people like that don't show panic when things are going wrong or act giddy when things are going right.  It's just how they roll.  I know you don't like the dude but i think you got to deal with him for now. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Rivera like Gibbs aren't demonstrative on the side lines -- people like that don't show panic when things are going wrong or act giddy when things are going right.  It's just how they roll.  I know you don't like the dude but i think you got to deal with him for now. 

Gibbs showed tons of emotion.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sometimes you just have to be stoic and "hold fast"...

"If you can keep your head when all about you   
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,   
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too..."

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Gibbs showed tons of emotion.

I lived through the 80s, I thought you were like 30?  I don't recall Gibbs showing much emotion on the sidelines with rare exceptions, Rivera has rare exceptions, too.  Heck not a ton behind the scenes either, Joe Theismann joked the few times Gibbs would blow his top he'd get his players attention because it was so rare. 

I get it anybody but Rivera for you. But, if you want a coach who wears his emotion on his sleave maybe Washington rehires Jay?  Heck when the Giants won that game that knocked them out of the playoffs, Jay looked from being irrate to panic to he was going to cry throughout the game -- he totally wore his emotions on his sleave like a fan.   If you like that, he was a gem on that front.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I lived through the 80s, I don't recall Gibbs showing much emotion on the sidelines.  Heck not a ton behind the scenes either, Joe Theismann joked the few times Gibbs would blow his top he'd get his players attention. 

Been racking my head on this one SKiP and the only moment that comes to mind is the time when Gibbs actually knelt down and seemingly prayed on the sidelines just before the last play of a playoff game against I think the Vikings.

If my memory is not completely haywire Darrel Green broke up a pass in the end zone for the win and Gibbs looked dazed for a moment as if he was literally between worlds.

Other than that he was an impenetrable man of stone on the sidelines.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Been racking my head on this one SKiP and the only moment that comes to mind is the time when Gibbs actually knelt down and seemingly prayed on the sidelines just before the last play of a playoff game against I think the Vikings.

If my memory is not completely haywire Darrel Green broke up a pass in the end zone for the win and Gibbs looked dazed for a moment as if he was literally between world's.

Other than that he was an impenetrable man of stone on the sidelines.

Yeah I remember that, too.  Generally he was stoical on the sidelines which his players praised him for -- most players (at least from the interviews I've watched) that talk about the subject say they want a steady calm especially during down period, not a "leader" who shows panic and or anger in those moments at least not publicly.  

Some indeed are emotional throughout a game -- Coughlin, Parcells -- in baseball back in the day Billy Martin.  But most coaches tend to be in the Rivera variety, calm.  Personally the last thing I want is a coach who is up and down with the typical pendulum of an NFL season or the trials and tribulations of an NFL game.

I was for example far from a Jay hater here.  I think he was a good dude even though not the best coach.  But I hated his panic look at times when the games were going awry and the season wasn't going hot.   In that infamous game they lost to the Giants at the end of the 2016 season, you can see the panic on Jay's face and I hated to see it -- it gave me the vibe we are going to lose.  I don't want a head coach to act like fans on the game thread -- I want a steady hand. 

• Thumb up 2