Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

3 minutes ago, MrJL said:

am I the only one thinking that a change in ownership in March means that this staff is sticking around for 2023 because they wouldn't have time to put in a new one?

Logically you would think that would be the case.

I have a feeling this is going to be a wild set of events though, perhaps we’ll see an extraordinary owners meeting arranged. I genuinely think this will be like a runaway train once things take traction. 

12 minutes ago, MrJL said:

am I the only one thinking that a change in ownership in March means that this staff is sticking around for 2023 because they wouldn't have time to put in a new one?

I think so. Even if every staff position was filled day 1, free agency and the draft are immediate road blocks, and that's not counting the fact that most of the coaches that we'd want would be hired by then.

• Thumb up 1

19 minutes ago, MrJL said:

I think Rivera n his staff will be here at least for the first year of new ownership. A double digit lose season could definitely change that. At this point tho they've been fairly competitive outside the two division loses.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jabbyrwock said:

At this point, if Dan doesn't leave, "our" will be him and Tanya.

@MIB__KEVINwill be rooting for them.

39 minutes ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

I guess Irsay wasn’t publicly outing Dan just to be the good guy , it was so he could grab that clown show title he so desperately wanted 😂

I hope he takes the title and runs with it. Like a cheap whore, I'm done with Irsay. 

• Haha 5

Speaking of Irsay, and maybe this is off topic- but  rather than promote John Fox to interim head coach, he brought in Jeff Saturday from the ESPN studio to takeover as interim head coach.

Yeah, the former offensive lineman that’s never coached.  Can you imagine John Fox and the rest of the staff when this gets announced?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Snyder’s bingo caller move on Zorn is now in danger of being unseated as the most ridiculous mid season coaching move made by an owner.  

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Sean Payton is a real possibility IMO.

I don’t think this team will be sold in time to consider him a possibility. He’ll get a job next year, as will Frank Reich, and neither will come here because this team most likely won’t be sold that fast. We will have Rivera next year and a new coach the following year.

2 cents

edit: I am now seeing people saying this before I did. Der!

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Thumb up 1

Honestly, I think if Snyder stays, we will have Bienamy. Just a hunch because he wants a HC job and he will probably be a guy desperate enough to come here. Also, it will allow Dan to say “hey, look, I brought in another minority, we are truly changing. I’m a good guy!” Frank Reich won’t come here until Dan is gone. 

I hope none of this ever happens.

12 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Honestly, I think if Snyder stays, we will have Bienamy. Just a hunch because he wants a HC job and he will probably be a guy desperate enough to come here. Also, it will allow Dan to say “hey, look, I brought in another minority, we are truly changing. I’m a good guy!” Frank Reich won’t come here until Dan is gone. 

I hope none of this ever happens.

I have a hunch that Bieniemy has been promised the KC job when Reid retires most likely in the next two years so he’ll still have a prime Mahomes. 

And Snyder is not staying. He’s as good as gone. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

I have a hunch that Bieniemy has been promised the KC job when Reid retires most likely in the next two years so he’ll still have a prime Mahomes. 

And Snyder is not staying. He’s as good as gone. 

i think any coach that has been promised a job when x leaves and they’ve had offers and they believe that is their future job is a little loopy. 

it doesn’t take much time for coaches to be fired. Plus that’sAndy’s offense. Bienemy is just calling plays, from what I’ve read. 

There is a reason he hasn’t had job offers yet, but keeps going to interviews. I don’t think it’s because he was promised a job, but I could be wrong. It’s not like me being wrong hasn’t happened before🤪

4 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

i think any coach that has been promised a job when x leaves and they’ve had offers and they believe that is their future job is a little loopy. 

it doesn’t take much time for coaches to be fired. Plus that’sAndy’s offense. Bienemy is just calling plays, from what I’ve read. 

There is a reason he hasn’t had job offers yet, but keeps going to interviews. I don’t think it’s because he was promised a job, but I could be wrong. It’s not like me being wrong hasn’t happened before🤪

I understand what you are saying to a point. But to start the bolded has been rejected by Andy Ried himself, several times. He said the offense has grown tremendously due to Bienemy's input and at this point it's his offense. Now, could he just be saying that? Maybe. But Andy Ried is good at developing people so either way no way that should hold Bienemy back. 

As for why he has not gotten a job - it seems like many of the jobs he was invited to interview for, the HC had already been decided. He also may just not interview well. That happens sometimes. 

I think he will get a chance in the next few years and would be Ok with him coming here if that's what the new GM wants. I just want whoever comes here, they come here as the result of a standard NFL FO structurew where the owner picks a GM, the GM picks the HC and the HC picks the assitants. Then the GM gets input from the HC on players but ultimately the GM builds tthe roster. 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Speaking of Irsay, and maybe this is off topic- but  rather than promote John Fox to interim head coach, he brought in Jeff Saturday from the ESPN studio to takeover as interim head coach.

Yeah, the former offensive lineman that’s never coached.  Can you imagine John Fox and the rest of the staff when this gets announced?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Snyder’s bingo caller move on Zorn is now in danger of being unseated as the most ridiculous mid season coaching move made by an owner.  

Zorn didn't come in mid season

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd add to that Sean Payton tweet if Sean thought he as a coach set the culture and his ability would allow him to override whoever is at the top -- why would he make a comment like that?  Clearly, he thinks he as a coach isn't the be all and end all, coaches matter but the culture is set at the top.

I'm sure he's got his eye on what franchises he'd like to coach for, with us only possibly being on the list because of ownership change and young talent we have on both sides of the ball. 

I'd be nervous about losing him to New England if BB finally calls it quits soon, that division is becoming brutal to be in now and not convinced Mac Jones is the answer to get then through that.

Edited by Renegade7

16 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

We really need to be doing everything we possibly can to set up 2023 to be the draft where we get a top pick to select Caleb Williams - its the quickest way to rebuild the team

As a Gonzaga high grad who lives in LA and has seen Caleb play up close, I SUPPORT THIS.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrJL said:

If its march they could still get a GM I suppose and maybe one or two FO guys to join them. At that point it would be on Ron to accept his reality of one year left and you dont get to control the draft. 

• Like 1