Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

10 hours ago, Zim489 said:

Orapko 

Orkapo, Careagain, and Felcher.

Is it a list of former Redskins defensive standouts or is it Dan Snyders new law firm?

And how can they leave out Arsenio Hall? Don't they remember that 4 Int game vs Cutler?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Mod edit

It's pretty astonishing just how replacement-level this outfit has become. They are as generic as they come. If you glanced up at the TV during a Washington Commanders game, it truly could be a fictional team from a TV show or movie. And, their promotions are third-rate like you would see in a AA baseball town somewhere in the Midwest. I don't blame them necessarily, because their job is to sell tickets and they can't do it based on the product alone. But it's very, very sad. This metropolitan area, outside of a few thousand delusional, die hard fans, has no remaining connection to what used to be a pillar of the community. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

It's pretty astonishing just how replacement-level this outfit has become. They are as generic as they come. If you glanced up at the TV during a Washington Commanders game, it truly could be a fictional team from a TV show or movie. And, their promotions are third-rate like you would see in a AA baseball town somewhere in the Midwest. I don't blame them necessarily, because their job is to sell tickets and they can't do it based on the product alone. But it's very, very sad. This metropolitan area, outside of a few thousand delusional, die hard fans, has no remaining connection to what used to be a pillar of the community. 

If replacement-level is average, I would say this franchise is below replacement-level in almost every facet of everything. 

I would say they're generic in the sense that their new uniforms and name are something out of a fictional movie, oddly enough a Replacements movie where Keanu is the quarterback and Gene Hackman is the coach.  They are the store brand cola when you'd rather have Classic Coca-Cola.

The promotions are below replacement-level as you noted; they're more in line with minor league baseball outlandish stuff.  But while minor league baseball promotions are usually kind of quirky, fun and outside the box, this whole thing with getting church members to buy tickets is just in poor taste and pathetic.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

If replacement-level is average, I would say this franchise is below replacement-level in almost every facet of everything. 

I would say they're generic in the sense that their new uniforms and name are something out of a fictional movie, oddly enough a Replacements movie where Keanu is the quarterback and Gene Hackman is the coach.  They are the store brand cola when you'd rather have Classic Coca-Cola.

The promotions are below replacement-level as you noted; they're more in line with minor league baseball outlandish stuff.  But while minor league baseball promotions are usually kind of quirky, fun and outside the box, this whole thing with getting church members to buy tickets is just in poor taste and pathetic.  

That's fair...what I meant to articulate was that if I dropped into following the NFL right now without any prior knowledge, this team would just be so ho-hum. Nothing about them is noteworthy outside of the off-the-field news. The comparison for me when I started watching sports in the 1980s is maybe the St. Louis Cardinals (football). Boring red uniforms. Cheap owner who was hated by his local fans and in the news sometimes (though I didn't pay enough attention to care why). Generally a losing team, but they won some games. Just a "who gives a ****" team. 

Edited by TD_washingtonredskins
  • Like 2

Nothing surprising to anyone on this board, but it's still worth reading...

Under Dan Snyder, Washington sank from NFL elite to also-ran

https://www.wgauradio.com/sports/under-dan-snyder/NNT4BSGIOJY2L7QL24MKLXIFN4/

LANDOVER, Md. — (AP) — Super Bowl-winning defensive end Fred Stokes remembers what he heard from other players in 1989 when he left the Los Angeles Rams as a free agent to join the NFL team based in the nation's capital.

“When I got here,” Stokes said, “the guys all told me, ‘We’re all about winning.’ Washington and winning went together.”

This was back when D.C.'s football franchise was in the midst of making the postseason eight times in 11 years, a run of success that featured four Super Bowl appearances and three championships. Back when sellouts and bouncing stands at old home RFK Stadium were a given. When offensive innovator Joe Gibbs called the shots as a head coach destined for induction at the Pro Football Hall of Fame. And, of most significance considering the current climate, when Jack Kent Cooke was the owner of a club that would be sold by his estate to Daniel Snyder a decade later, a transaction that led to a whole lot of losing — only four teams have a lower winning percentage since 1999; only two have fewer playoff wins — and whirl of misconduct that has not abated.

So what does Stokes see nowadays when he looks at what has become of what are now known as the Commanders, following the discarding of an offensive name amid a national reckoning about racism in 2020 — although Snyder's wife, Tanya, and the team president, Jason Wright, seemed to forget about that change on Sunday, when both gave shoutouts to the old moniker at a "homecoming" rally outside the stadium featuring dozens of former players?

“A house without a proper foundation,” Stokes said. “You can’t have crown molding, you can’t have nice countertops, you can’t have hardwood floors, without a foundation. When I came here, there was a foundation. That’s missing.”

Wearing on his right hand the gold ring earned via a Super Bowl victory under Gibbs in January 1992, following a season in which Stokes was second on Washington with 6 1/2 sacks, he continued: “What’s that expression? ‘It takes a village to raise a child.’ Well, it takes an organization to win a Super Bowl, not just coaches and players."

Under Snyder, the approach has varied over the years.

Resurrecting the careers of past winners such as Gibbs and Mike Shanahan, who never came close to equaling their earlier coaching resumes. Hiring someone few others considered head coaching material in Jim Zorn, then adding an out-of-football play caller whose most recent job had been as a bingo caller (Sherman Lewis). Bringing aboard right-hand men who never panned out, such as Vinny Cerrato and Bruce Allen. Free agency has been all over the place, from wild overspending to against-the-rules accounting to the underspending of last offseason. Drafting often has been a disaster.

All of that is to say nothing of the general dysfunction and, worse, the allegations of sexual harassment and financial impropriety that led to multiple ongoing investigations of Snyder — by the league, by Congress, by D.C.’s attorney general — and prompted Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay to say a week ago that there is “merit to remove” Snyder. He already was fined $10 million and told to cede day-to-day operations of the club to Tanya for several months by the NFL last year after a previous inquiry into widespread sexual harassment and mistreatment of women at the team.

Attendance is at the bottom of the league, but some of the spectators on hand Sunday let their feelings be known — during a victory, no less, by a score of 23-21 against four-time NFL MVP Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers that improved last-place Washington's record to 3-4 this season — by booing and then chanting “Sell the team!” after Tanya Snyder was part of a video about breast cancer awareness that played on the videoboard.

Hardly the first time that cry has been heard at the dilapidated arena in Landover, Maryland. As it is, the stands were loaded with Green Bay supporters; for every No. 17 Doug Williams or No. 21 Sean Taylor or No. 28 Darrell Green or No. 89 Santana Moss burgundy-and-gold jersey, there was a No. 12 Aaron Rodgers or No. 4 Brett Favre or No. 52 Clay Matthews or No. 87 Jordy Nelson green-and-yellow shirt.

“I just hate seeing a lot of Packers fans here today,” said Raleigh McKenzie, the starting left guard for Washington’s champs in two Super Bowls (and, as it happens, a player for Green Bay in the final two years of a career that lasted from 1985 to 2000).

Few NFL organizations have managed to lose the way Washington has since Snyder was part of a group that purchased the team for a then-record $800 million in 1999, when he vowed: “Our commitment is to bring winning football back to Washington.”

So much for that.

In the 23 seasons completed since that transaction, the club has won a grand total of two playoff games.

Yes, two. Most recently in 2005.

Only two of the NFL’s 32 clubs own a smaller collection of postseason victories in that span: The Detroit Lions have zero; the Cleveland Browns have one.

“It does get frustrating. I hear fans say, ’Oh, I remember when ... ,” said Virgil Seay, a wideout for Washington in the early 1980s. “They want to be with you through thick and thin, but they need something to cheer about.”

Heading into its next game, at Irsay’s Colts on Sunday, Washington’s winning percentage of .424 since the start of the 1999 season — based on a regular-season record of 159-216-1 that does not include a single campaign of more than 10 victories — is better than just four clubs: Cleveland (.326), Detroit (.352), Jacksonville (.391) and Las Vegas (.408).

There is no question that since Snyder took charge, Washington has been among the league’s least-competitive outfits, the dregs of the dregs, a far cry from what once was.

Its 18 playoff wins from the AFL-NFL merger in 1970 through the 1998 season were outdone by only three teams: Dallas (31), San Francisco (24) and Pittsburgh (21). Those are also the only franchises that accumulated more Super Bowl triumphs than Washington’s three during that stretch — which came after two NFL championships in 1937 and 1942. Perhaps it was just a slip of the tongue, but also happened to be accurate, when Tanya Snyder made mention of the 90-year-old franchise’s “seven decades of fantastic football” while addressing the folks gathered in Legends Plaza before Sunday’s game.

“We kind of spoiled the fans here,” McKenzie said. “I’m sure they think, ‘Hey, that was special.’ I just hope we get it back.”

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Heading into its next game, at Irsay’s Colts on Sunday, Washington’s winning percentage of .424 since the start of the 1999 season — based on a regular-season record of 159-216-1 that does not include a single campaign of more than 10 victories — is better than just four clubs: Cleveland (.326), Detroit (.352), Jacksonville (.391) and Las Vegas (.408).

You'll be surprised how many people don't realize just how bad we've been under this clown. But also you get the "but muh Snyder inherited a team that had also been dregs from 93-98" crowd as well.......

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

You'll be surprised how many people don't realize just how bad we've been under this clown. But also you get the "but muh Snyder inherited a team that had also been dregs from 93-98" crowd as well.......

Whenever fans make fun of or claim an easy win over the lions, browns, or jags I have a good laugh. That’s what every teams fans say when talking/facing us. We’re bottom of the barrel. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I feel so gross reading this, not sure where to start, but will try...

I don't remember us ever doing anything like this before, but before I go full blast, do any other teams do stuff like this?  

If it's jus us or an idea we got from other teams will impact how bad I feel about this, but trust me it's still gonna be bad.

That's a good question. I don't know if other teams do this. I'm going to side with no. Even if other teams did it, it seems pretty crappy. I'm not a fan of using religion to make money unless that money is going to a great cause. 

Getting Commanders tickets is not a great cause. Using religion to make money to me is really low. 

Honestly don't know who would pay to see Wentz and Wright talk anyway. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Orkapo, Careagain, and Felcher.

Is it a list of former Redskins defensive standouts or is it Dan Snyders new law firm?

And how can they leave out Arsenio Hall? Don't they remember that 4 Int game vs Cutler?

If Snyder sells,  I will custom order a Careagain jersey.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Jumbo locked this topic

What a bunch of effin igwads 😐

And most know better 

Later today the more self indulgent who participated in that dumbass cluster**** will likely get a week off for the religion comments being posted in the stadium (there is no acceptable defense) and at least one guy is getting a couple weeks for starting it

• Jumbo unlocked this topic
28 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

What a bunch of effin igwads 😐

And most know better 

Later today the more self indulgent who participated in that dumbass cluster**** will likely get a week off for the religion comments being posted in the stadium (there is no acceptable defense) and at least one guy is getting a couple weeks for starting it

That'll learn me for super liking a random comment without reading the context. 😬🤐

• Haha 2

Hate to spoil my own strategical stratergizingness but as wtf as all that was and aside from what I "should" do, I'm not actually going to ban anyone. But I def advise those really getting away with some seriously lame ass bull**** avoid screwing up again any time soon 😈

Also I see some numbnutzs pming me already so just stop. I'm not gonna answer questions and I don't care about your why's. 

No, as in zero, comments in posts that feature any religion/religious or political/sociopolitical matters in any way shape or form.

As it's always been.

Just sit on it ya zero-control compulsive dipsticks.

From Hogs Haven...very long so I'm posting only the end part:

https://www.hogshaven.com/2022/10/25/23422540/unpacking-the-curious-logic-of-dan-snyders-defenders

Unpacking the Curious Logic of Dan Snyder’s Defenders

Occam’s Razor Says Dan is the Problem

To summarize the main findings thus far:

• Four out of five Head Coaches achieved greater success working for different team owners, including multiple Super Bowl winners Joe Gibbs and Mike Shanahan and even the underwhelming Ron Rivera.
  • All six offensive coordinators who have held similar positions elsewhere had greater success with other clubs. The one partial exception, Al Saunders, was much more successful in Kansas City and Oakland than in Washington.
  • Five of 11 defensive coordinators had greater success with other clubs than Washington, two have had mixed results throughout their careers and four had their best results under Snyder.
  • Four out of five personnel executives achieved greater success with other teams than with Snyder.

To most Washington fans, these findings will just reinforce what they already know: that Dan Snyder is the ultimate cause of Washington’s on-the-field struggles. Yet certain regular posters on Hogs Haven will invariably attempt to explain that the problem lies with someone else. Most recently, the blame has shifted to Ron Rivera, the Martys, Scott Turner, Jack Del Rio, Carson Wentz, or some combination of those culprits. That might seem plausible to fans with short memories, because none of that cast of characters has a particularly impressive football resume.

The problem with argument is that, in order to excuse Dan Snyder of responsibility for 23 years of failure on the field, they also need to explain how a long line of accomplished coaches and executives before them have also failed to find success in Washington. These include three-time Super Bowl champion Joe Gibbs, two-time Super Bowl champion Mike Shannan, 2000 Ravens defensive coordinator Marvin Lewis, Kansas City offensive coordinator Al Saunders, and Carroll-Wilson Seahawks co-architect Scot McCloughan. Even dismal Redskins’ defensive coordinators Greg Manusky and Joe Barry managed to field respectable squads with other teams (Manusky: 2009 San Francisco; Barry: 2021 Packers), but not under Snyder.

Scientists have a principle known as Occam’s Razor, which is used to decide between competing explanations put forward to explain the same set of phenomena. Occam’s Razor states that the simplest explanation which can account for all observations is preferred, until facts are uncovered which require a more complicated explanation.

On the one hand we have the simple explanation that, through his mismanagement, Dan Snyder creates the conditions which prevent even accomplished football executives and coaches from succeeding. On the other we have: Rivera failed because of X, Gruden failed because of Y, Shanahan failed because of Z, Gibbs failed because of Q, Scot McCloughan failed because of R, and so on. I will grant you Spurrier, Zorn and Bruce Allen.

By simple application of Occam’s Razor, it is clear that Dan Snyder is the problem. And when William of Occam and Bill Parcells both drive you to the same conclusion, you know you are on to something.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4