Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

5 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

This story keeps getting wackier. 

The guy was just on the Ziggy and Thurston radio show explaining what happened after he contacted the Commanders.

The team first said they would wire the money to his bank immediately. Two hours later after no deposit was made he called them back and they apologized, at first saying their bank account was down for maintenance and later admitting they were "temporarily" locked out by the FBI on an unrelated investigation.

Then they said they would immediately send a courier to him with the cash.

An hour later a guy in a trench coat wearing sunglasses shows up at the door and hands him a brown paper sack and asks him to sign a release saying he was paid in full and releasing The Commanders from all  liability.

He counts the money and there's only 4 thousand in the bag. He says, "Where's the rest?"

The courier responds, "You know how it works. You get $4,000 in cash, plus some product for you to move on the streets for the rest."

He says, "Product? What the hell are you talking about I won a charitable raffle fair and square!"

The courier says, "That's not how Mr  Snyder does business. Your lucky to get the four grand. Now sign the release so I can get outta here."

"This is crazy I'm an American you can't do this.  I'm gonna call my lawyer and sue you guys!"

The courier responds, "You can try but that would make Me Snyder very angry and when he gets angry accidents start happening-- bone breaking accidents if you get my drift."

The raffle winner responds, "Huh?"

"Look kid if you know what's good for you you'll take the 4k and be happy you got something. Just sign the damn release. Later tonight someone will bring a package by when the coast is clear. You go out on the street, make some quick moves and zip bam boom before you know it you got yourself another 10 Gs maybe a bit more, Ok?"

The raffle winner says, "Uhm I guess so." Then sheepishly signs the release.

The courier smiles and says, "Wise decision. Now we'll also be sending you more product on behalf of Mr Snyder every week. A friend of ours will stop by to work out the terms of your long term employment. Have a nice day." Then he leaves.

Was the courier a short, chubby dude with scruffy beard that insisted on being called “Mr. Snyder”?  

• Haha 9

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Stephen Smith can be clownish but the more the Dan stories go viral the better.  

There’s enough fire on this story without bringing race into it though. I get it. It’s just not the time to advocate. Man isn’t even off the throne yet. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

At the very least, there is no way that Snyder can remain owner long term.  This situation can not be paid off, lawyered, yachted (ref to flying and hiding on his yacht in France).  In that I take solace.  I still want to see it before I believe it.  Furthermore, you are part of the most exclusive fraternity in sports and your taking shots at fellow frat members, no no, just a matter of time.

But can you imagine, the owner of our beloved football team hired PI's to get dirt on fellow owners.  I almost can't believe I just typed that.  

Dumpster fire, this is a GONG SHOW!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Breer thinks Dan not dealing with the bullets himself in the public arena and having others do it for him publicly including the fellow owners is gutless.

Wow, so they are starting to notice what has been going on since Spurrier or maybe even before that. I'm pretty sure that he was stalking from the shadows while Scottenheimer was trying to polish Dan's turd.

18 minutes ago, sebestian said:

At the very least, there is no way that Snyder can remain owner long term.  This situation can not be paid off, lawyered, yachted (ref to flying and hiding on his yacht in France).  In that I take solace.  I still want to see it before I believe it.  Furthermore, you are part of the most exclusive fraternity in sports and your taking shots at fellow frat members, no no, just a matter of time.

But can you imagine, the owner of our beloved football team hired PI's to get dirt on fellow owners.  I almost can't believe I just typed that.  

Its inevitable now, the national media is running with this, and it's pretty obvious that Irsay was the spokesperson for the other owners yesterday.  Momentum is building and building and there's no stopping this train now. Not if but when is the only question.  Snyder can't run and hide from this,  nor can he pay his way out of the hole he dug for himself.  

Once he's gone we'll have some dark days to go through with the product on the field and the long road back to respectability.  It will take time to wash his stick from this organization,  but slowly we'll get there. New owner,  new day, and a new hope. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

24 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Wow, so they are starting to notice what has been going on since Spurrier or maybe even before that. I'm pretty sure that he was stalking from the shadows while Scottenheimer was trying to polish Dan's turd.

Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFCWashington Fans everywhere to other owners. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

48 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Same thing with Shanahan being courted while Zorn was still coaching.🧐

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

9 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Brownlee was just on Channel 9 and said MJW has still not talked to Snyder yet. 😖

Kinda makes sense, I can envision a scenario where he’s the last piece to the investigation that you wouldn’t need to confront until you have everything else, once you’ve got all your ducks in a row.

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sebestian said:

Ya know, I hadn’t thought about the yacht thing from the point of view of the other 31 owners.  

“You cause this huge ****storm by being an unlikeable, despicable, shady, creep, loser…facing multiple investigations, and you **** off to your yacht and leave us hear to eat **** for you while you hide?”

Yeah.  I’d be furious with that absolute nippledick, too.

Edited by 86 Snyder
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

He's denying that he hired PI's to look into the owners. He knows that's what pissed them offf. Now he wants to sue ESPN.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/18/daniel-snyder-letter-to-owners-hints-at-potential-litigation-against-espn/

From a comment:

arwiv says:

I ask again from the previous Snyder story, other than having a team that has been horrible forever, what is the deal with the Snyder hate??

If I was a Washington fan Id want him out because my team has been garbage forever, but why does EVERYONE, Washington fan or not, seemingly want him out? Im a Giants fan and I want him to stay. Why wouldnt I?

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Conn said:

Kinda makes sense, I can envision a scenario where he’s the last piece to the investigation that you wouldn’t need to confront until you have everything else, once you’ve got all your ducks in a row.

He also said he didn't know if Snyder even WOULD talk to MJW...I fear we're being set up for failure.

Dan isn’t fan and never was a fan.  

A real fan would never allow what has happened under Dan.

You can accept the early mistakes but after Gibbs- the legend; Dan learned nothing. Okay, so you chickened out in Fassell. Didn’t want to hire Williams.  So, you just let Vinny give it to Zorn?

A real fan wouldn’t allow that. Dan’s just a fan of owning the team.  See, I am a big bad nfl owner.  I can have the stars in my suite. I am really important.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

If you look at his history of businesses (there have been a few) they’re all failures except for the telemarketing company Snyder Communications. And their whole value came from doing it the best, first. So, his only success was making telemarketing a thing. So you can thank him for that too. 

he made enough to buy half a money printing machine and then he broke it 

• Like 1

If the fever dream happens in the next year or two; we need to suck.

Let’s say the owners vote Dan out in March. After Dan loses his lawsuits; he sells the team late summer and the owners approve the sale in the fall meetings.

The new owner will likely be saddled with the incumbent staff for their first year. It will be year 2 before they can implement their people. You want us to suck; so we will have a high draft pick for the 24/25 draft. 

If Ron is the coach; we will be stuck in hell of 6-7 wins. Not good but not bad enough.

Due to Dan having to fight to keep his franchise, he won’t be making a coaching change.

I am hoping Ron resigns; especially since there’s a strong chance he could have a new boss in a year. He already went thru that in Carolina. So, leave before **** hits the fan. The Commodes won’t be able to do anything next offseason other than draft since the nfl will try to get Dan out. No free agents are signing with us. 

2023 is a lost year. So, should we have an opening we aren’t getting anyone good. The next coach is likely a throwaway coach.  Just a placeholder until we get a new owner and they can hire their own guy. The top vet coaches like Payton won’t be touching us. The top up and coming assistants won’t be touching us. No one of caliber in the right mind would take a job; where their boss could be forced to sell a year after or during the first year of taking the job.

So, what type of coach will we get if we have opening in January; knowing that nfl will try to force Dan out.  I think Houston is the example to look at. A no name assistant- David Culley getting the job. Or desperate retread- Lovie Smith. Should Ron depart, that’s the type of coach who will be Dan’s final coach.  We will suck and then have a top draft pick for the first hire of the new owner.

Since it looks like our fever dreams could finally come true, except us to be bad until the new owner can get their people in. 

1 hour ago, tshile said:

If you look at his history of businesses (there have been a few) they’re all failures except for the telemarketing company Snyder Communications. And their whole value came from doing it the best, first. So, his only success was making telemarketing a thing. So you can thank him for that too. 

he made enough to buy half a money printing machine and then he broke it 

Yeah, but even with the telecom business, he ripped off customers big time. I don’t know how much, but I believe he was fined by the FCC. Even his first business was a scam.

• Thanks 2