Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Put this in the gameday thread but I guess it really belongs here, for actual conversation. Definitely born of frustration from me, but I think true and honest in terms of where I’m at with Rivera now:

I am fully on board that with Snyder here he will never hire the right people, and won’t have access to the actual good hires.

But in a vacuum, ignoring our owner situation and how that effects hiring just for the sake of an honest opinion outside the context of our hellspace in Washington: nobody on this board should be a Rivera fan at this point. He’s not a good coach, there’s not even any real evidence that he’s any sort of inspirational “leader of men” which is supposed to be his main selling point. Nothing about his on-field operation here works well, and the stuff that stems from the HC’s philosophy specifically—aggressiveness, clock management, discipline, general ballsiness and grit. It’s trash. It’s all bad. Every week on the sideline he looks like he’s at a funeral for someone he didn’t know particularly well. His post-game pressers are getting extremely tough to watch and his communication skills with the media are very overrated. He has no fire in him at all, and exudes zero confidence, charisma, or presence. 

Every step of the way he’s been set up for failure. None of this is a commentary on his working conditions or some misguided belief that the next guy will definitely do better, because Snyder is a nightmare and doesn’t do anything correctly. This is purely a commentary on what I see ON GAMEDAY separate from all the other stuff in the organization. And I’m not even getting into his work in personnel or his choice of Coordinators.

Just, plainly: Rivera is a bad coach and no amount of “he’s a good guy” insistence or cancer survivor heroics will make him easy to root for. Because he’s BAD at his job, separate from everything else.

Edited by Conn
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

It's insane to me that Rivera has stuck by such mediocre to bad and out of touch coordinators like JDR and Turner.

I like Ron, but it's clear he values comfort and familiarity over actually producing a winning team. Either that or he doesn't know how. Regardless, this has the feeling of his final year leading the team and I'm fine with it. There are too many brilliant young minds (whether they would want to come here is a different story) out there to waste time with coaches stuck 10+ years in the past. 

Nobody is going to be in the building at the end of the season when they reveal the mascot... and I'm fine with that. **** all of them. **** the Snyders for caving to pressure to rebrand. **** everyone who's been involved in the rebrand. **** our coaching staff that's starting their 3rd season at 1-3. **** the players if they don't call a players only meeting tonight and decide to start calling their own plays because the coordinators aren't getting them prepared and refusing to make in-game adjustments. **** thinking Taylor Heinecke will solve all the offensive problems. **** thinking Chase Young will come back from a horrible knee injury and the defense will be magically competitive. And mostly, **** me for wasting another Sunday afternoon watching this trash.      

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

So a thought I have been having, so Jason was put in place by the league that @TKhas mentioned already here. I wonder at what point the league puts a call into Jason to make the move on Ron. 

If the NFL was meddling with the team, they wouldn't be interested in the coaches. They're interested in legal problems, like horrible treatment of women in the front office. Whether the team goes 1-16 doesn't matter to the league.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

The people who say that Rivera is or should be coming back, I ask, WHY? It’s becoming evident that we’re going to have a high draft pick. If Rivera is selecting that pick, that would be a huge mistake. A lame duck should not be drafting your future. 

Edited by No Nonsense
  • Like 1