Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

11 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If I ever got to a point with Snyder that I could not root for the team on the field, I'd just stop paying attention, stop posting here, and go do something else entirely.  

You're doing this thing - that many like you have done before - denouncing those who stick around out of habit and that they root against the team.  Just because you can continue get all lathered up for the team doesn't mean everyone else can - nor should they.  Nor does it mean they should just forget all about it, stop posting and go find a new hobby.  As sports fans we watch teams play to root against their success all the time.  I look at it like watching a Cowboys game - my only rooting interest is in the Cowboys losing.  I'd imagine some of our old fans feel the same way about watching this team nowadays.  

When you've been connected to something for as long as most of us fans have this team and the sport in general, you can't just pretend that you never cared or that you're not pissed that the gump ruined something you once cared about very deeply.  

Personally, I'm not at the stage of rooting against - but I'm absolutely at the stage of 'eh, who cares all that much?'.

• Like 4

On 7/21/2022 at 4:03 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

In his defense, he said they’d need it, he didn’t say they’d GET that. Those are two different things. 

I do wonder what the vibe on here will be at the end of the season if (IF, I’m saying IF, for those that will twist my words) the team wins the division with 10+ wins and looks good doing it. Because if that happens (again, IF), then that would mean there will be no negative things to talk about surrounding the team. 

I can't speak for anyone else, but I think I would be very pleased but for me to get back into my 1998 headspace, I need to see an organization with wholesale change in culture that I can be proud of again. As much as I'd like to say that simply winning would do the trick, I think age and experience have made me appreciate organizations when I feel like I can respect them from the inside out. Not expecting a church choir here but just want to feel proud of representing my "colors". One winning season won't do that for me.

5 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I think I would be very pleased but for me to get back into my 1998 headspace, I need to see an organization with wholesale change in culture that I can be proud of again. As much as I'd like to say that simply winning would do the trick, I think age and experience have made me appreciate organizations when I feel like I can respect them from the inside out. Not expecting a church choir here but just want to feel proud of representing my "colors". One winning season won't do that for me.

I'm not expecting any generally great human being to buy the team, as I'm not of the belief it's possible to both, be a great human being and accumulate billions of dollars.  I'd simply settle for 'not the Snyders' - that's it, I'm not asking for much here.  Perhaps a new owner would be lost as well, and fumble and bumble through the first several seasons or whatever.  But I'd bet dollars to donuts, that whomever purchased this franchise would figure things out eventually.  23 years later Dan hasn't figured anything out, and everything else he's touched he's turned to trash.  He's the unfortunate combination of being both an awful human being and just generally terrible at pretty much everything.  The wealth he accumulated in conjunction with how on earth the NFL handed him a franchise needs to be a case study.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

There is no room in my life to follow closely something I hate.  

If I hate something, I stop doing it and do something I like.  

Obviously, to each their own.  

That's fair...I am probably one of the people you're talking about. I don't root for them anymore and want them to lose. But, I would correct one of the aspects of your post...I don't follow them "closely" anymore, nor do I invest much time in them. 

Sports is entertainment and we tune in to any game generally wanting one of the teams to win and the other to lose. Most of the time, we do so rooting FOR a team. But I don't see why it's so much different if a small group of people who have had their childhood team ruined by Snyder now get that entertainment by rooting AGAINST a team. 

It's a couple hours of attention per week...it doesn't stay with me like it used to when I loved the team and they would lose. So, all in all, it's a much healthier situation :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Sports is entertainment and we tune in to any game generally wanting one of the teams to win and the other to lose. Most of the time, we do so rooting FOR a team. But I don't see why it's so much different if a small group of people who have had their childhood team ruined by Snyder now get that entertainment by rooting AGAINST a team. 

I agree with this point and said as much earlier.

But for me, I gather those who take the losses the hardest don’t have the last name Snyder.  The coaches and players that put in all the work, with the deck stacked against them, are going to feel the pain of losses to an extent much greater than Snyder.

Sure, we’ve heard all the “he’s grumpy after losses” stuff in the past but at this point he’s got to be immune.  Anymore it really feels like the only reason he still cares to own this team is because without it he’s the same dork that got thrown in a locker 40 years ago, just richer.  

I do understand not wanting to see his behavior rewarded with winning seasons though.  My relationship with this franchise is so fractured, I feel differently about it by the hour it seems.  I can’t help but feel for the guys trying to make change, but in the event they do- Snyder gets to reap the rewards he doesn’t deserve.  

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

When you've been connected to something for as long as most of us fans have this team and the sport in general, you can't just pretend that you never cared or that you're not pissed that the gump ruined something you once cared about very deeply.  

Personally, I'm not at the stage of rooting against - but I'm absolutely at the stage of 'eh, who cares all that much?'.

This is EXACTLY where I'm at. I care very much that something I treasured as a young man has been despoiled by Snyder.

However, I won't actively root against his current players or coaches. It's not their fault. But neither will I root for them, or even care that much about what they do. I come here to read/comment about the ownership situation, and maybe talk about the old days when they come up.

If he goes, I'll reconsider.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I do understand not wanting to see his behavior rewarded with winning seasons though.  My relationship with this franchise is so fractured, I feel differently about it by the hour it seems.  I can’t help but feel for the guys trying to make change, but in the event they do- Snyder gets to reap the rewards he doesn’t deserve.  

I would say take solace in the fact that if somehow, someway we found ourselves with a parade, he'd be the first owner boo'd out of such an event...

That is if he isn't still on his boat...

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listened to Don Warren, scout for this team until recently.  Mostly he talks about the players and I'll talk about that on the training camp thread.

But he did talk about Ron.  Some of his points.

A.  Ron is the right man to turn the ship around.  Brings the right culture, players respond to him, etc.  He was really effusive about it, too.

B.  Ron has a lot on his plate -- saying a lot is cooking behind the scenes (implying stuff that isn't public but without referencing what it is) that he has to deal with, so he worries that he has too much on his plate. 

3 years in and he still has stuff on his plate? What does his 3 man Gm do? The non personnel stuff is Jason’s job.

He wanted the power; so deal with it. Delegate stuff.

As for the Dan stuff, the man is scum. You will have blowback from his scumminess forever. Any success you have, will be in spite of Dan.

Dan’s the coronavirus that will do everything to bring the team down. 

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

So the 28th is in 3 days. Has the entire "due process" nonsense been cleared up and Dan will in fact testify?  Where can we see this?

Dan isn’t testifying. Just delay tactics to run out the clock.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

saying a lot is cooking behind the scenes (implying stuff that isn't public but without referencing what it is) that he has to deal with, so he worries that he has too much on his plate. 

Hopefully the cooking turns into burns so he's out as an owner. 

Let’s not forget Dan went out of his way to hire LaFemina, and he didn’t last long because he was transparent with the fanbase, told Dan the truth and fans generally liked him in a short period of time.  

Dan finally makes a decent hire and then cans him because he was honest and well liked.  That’s Dan in a nutshell.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

#teamSnyder ?

Regarding that tweet, yes. For him to purposely mess Jason up, he’d have to actually be smart. He’s not. He’s an idiot.

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Dan finally makes a decent hire and then cans him because he was honest and well liked.  That’s Dan in a nutshell.  

Judging by ES, wright is FAR from well liked. 

heck, I’m pretty sure all fans hate the guy now

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Regarding that tweet, yes. For him to purposely mess Jason up, he’d have to actually be smart. He’s not. He’s an idiot.

Yeah I was happy about the hire at first but now I'm in the dislike column. I don't hate him, yet. But if he turns out to just be another Snyder yes-man that can't even get a stadium deal done, I will let the hate flow from within.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I didn’t mean to imply the situations were the same, just that Dan has a bizarre knack for being petty and ignorant, much to his own detriment- therefore I wouldn’t put anything past him.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I didn’t mean to imply the situations were the same, just that Dan has a bizarre knack for being petty and ignorant, much to his own detriment- therefore I wouldn’t put anything past him.

Yeah. That’s a fair opinion actually. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Yeah I was happy about the hire at first but now I'm in the dislike column. I don't hate him, yet. But if he turns out to just be another Snyder yes-man that can't even get a stadium deal done, I will let the hate flow from within.

I don't think he's a yes man.  

And I think he had a hell of a mess to clean up, and I thin there have been some good things he has done.

But he's also in an impossible situation, in a lot of ways, and he lacks a key piece in his resume, which I think is probably hurting him: he's never run anything.  He was a football player, college student, and a Partner at a management consulting firm.  Granted, the most prestigious management consulting firm.  

But he's never run an organization.  And that shows.  It's a skill in and of itself, and it's one you have to learn on the job.  He's learning.  Making some mistakes, doing some good things.

Put it another way: he was like a rookie player from a good college entering the NFL.  Good skills, but it's going to take time to develop. 

So we'll see.  I think he has talent, and he's only been on the job for 2 years.  I grant you, some of the more recent mistakes really shouldn't have happened, so jury is out.  But 2 years of running an NFL team's business, from never having run anything, having to deal with Dan, the name change, stadium, sexual harassment, a fan revolt over the owner, I mean, talk about being dropped into the deep end of a pool with a cinderblock tied around your ankles.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'm not expecting any generally great human being to buy the team, as I'm not of the belief it's possible to both, be a great human being and accumulate billions of dollars.  I'd simply settle for 'not the Snyders' - that's it, I'm not asking for much here.  Perhaps a new owner would be lost as well, and fumble and bumble through the first several seasons or whatever.  But I'd bet dollars to donuts, that whomever purchased this franchise would figure things out eventually.  23 years later Dan hasn't figured anything out, and everything else he's touched he's turned to trash.  He's the unfortunate combination of being both an awful human being and just generally terrible at pretty much everything.  The wealth he accumulated in conjunction with how on earth the NFL handed him a franchise needs to be a case study.

Well Vince McMahon grew up a Skins fan, gave the XFL two different tries, & just resigned/retired as the Chairman of WWE.... Though the similarities between him & Dan with the NDAs & hush money scandals are....interesting to say the least.    :kickcan:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TK said:

Well Vince McMahon grew up a Skins fan, gave the XFL two different tries, & just resigned/retired as the Chairman of WWE.... Though the similarities between him & Dan with the NDAs & hush money scandals are....interesting to say the least.    :kickcan:

Let's hope the similarities continue ... 

• Like 2