Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

On the Jason Wright topic. I don't think he's "bad" per se. I think he works for a terrible owner and gets stuck trying to make Sean Taylor weekend happen at the last minute, or slap together what they put out yesterday.....because that's what he was told to do. If it wasn't and he thinks these things are a good idea. Well..... then that's another issue. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I doubt it...but that would be great to keep the heat on. 

I don't.

From the sounds of everything we know thus far, Ashburn was ultimately Dan's little fantasy world where he got to pretend he was the cool kid, a non-jock running the place like how he envisions a jock would, for quite some time.  I'm certain there are a lot more stories that exist, only from people that don't feel comfortable telling them for fear of revenge, public scrutiny, and just generally unwanted attention.  But there's still a chance more people will tell their story, just so long as folks keep digging.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 5

I agree with the brother @Skinsinparadiseabout the precedent being set.  IMO, I think if this really is it for Dan, it's death by 1,000 papercuts.  I don't think there's any one specific thing to get Dan canned, it's just the culmination of a lot of different things.

But SIP is correct.  Even if Dan doesn't have dirt on other owners, it does set a precedent.  It's going to embolden people who have worked in an NFL office and felt harassed, discriminated against, etc, no matter how severe.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don't.

From the sounds of everything we know thus far, Ashburn was ultimately Dan's little fantasy world where he got to pretend he was the cool kid, a non-jock running the place like how he envisions a jock would, for quite some time.  I'm certain there are a lot more stories that exist, only from people that don't feel comfortable telling them for fear of revenge, public scrutiny, and just generally unwanted attention.  But there's still a chance more people will tell their story, just so long as folks keep digging.

I hope more people come out.  I agree with your take on Dan being the dork who finally got money, confused it with popularity and thinking this is how a professional sports team should be run.

How the **** else do you explain this:

SNY.0.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

On the Jason Wright topic. I don't think he's "bad" per se. I think he works for a terrible owner and gets stuck trying to make Sean Taylor weekend happen at the last minute, or slap together what they put out yesterday.....because that's what he was told to do. If it wasn't and he thinks these things are a good idea. Well..... then that's another issue. 

It is (supposedly) Jason Wright's job to be the 'skunk in the room' and tell Snyder what he doesn't want to hear, and should have pushed back on the Sean Taylor tribute until it could be done the right way, meaning without porta-potties in the background. That's in an ideal world...it's clear that Snyder doesn't want ANYONE to tell him anything he doesn't want to hear, and the last guy to do that, Brian La Femina, was shown the door for that very reason.

This is why corruption and incompetence continue to exist in the corporate world. Good managers want to hear different points of view and opinions...bad ones don't. It's like the bosses who say "Don't bring me problems, bring me solutions." Well, the unintended consequence of that statement is that people will stop informing you of problems altogether, which just reinforces the ongoing stupidity. Sycophancy becomes the norm. This is the Commanders organizational culture, and NONE of it will change until Danya is gone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

If Dan doesn’t have dirt on the rest of the owners he will be forced out. Not for any of the despicable human interactions he’s had, but because he cooked the books (allegedly) and took money from other owners. They will force him out for that.

I see it completely opposite. 

The owners don't want to set a precedent by holding franchises accountable for cooking the books or hiding revenue streams or whatever. No way they want outside sources investigating anything related to this matter. (this isn't the only franchise to be shady with $$$) 

More likely they'll protect Snyder. 

Don’t care what any of you say I’ll forever hate Jason Wright because of this awful rebranding and making it sound like us fans were an important part of it, and my dumbass actually believed it. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 4

3 minutes ago, Mooka said:

I see it completely opposite. 

The owners don't want to set a precedent by holding franchises accountable for cooking the books or hiding revenue streams or whatever. No way they want outside sources investigating anything related to this matter. (this isn't the only franchise to be shady with $$$) 

More likely they'll protect Snyder. 

I agree to a certain extent, but there has to be a tipping point.  There has to be a point where Snyder's behavior is just too much and they get fed up.

I am flip flopping back and forth on the idea of how much the owners want to protect Snyder, precedents, etc.  I mean, if us message board dorks are thinking that the other owners are being silent in order to hope no one shines a light on them, I'd have to imagine that the oversight committee is thinking the same thing.  We're smart, but it's not like we're THAT smart.  

1 minute ago, max21 said:

Don’t care what any of you say I’ll forever hate Jason Wright because of this awful rebranding and making it sound like us fans were an important part of it, and my dumbass actually believed it. 

That was a Snyder directive. Give me Jason's salary and I probably would do the same thing lol.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I suspect the Gruden emails were an opening salvo from Snyder to ward off the rest of the League. Almost like, “I can ruin you. Don’t do it. Here’s an example of my immense power.”

If this is indeed the case- and I tend to agree with you that it is- then we are completely screwed as fans. If the the other owners allow Snyder to keep the team out of fear of what he can do to them should they vote him out, then we are NEVER winning anything. Goodell and every owner in the league will be against us- which will lead to every referee being against us in any big playoff game.

There's no way Goodell and the 31 other owners are going to allow Snyder to ever hold up that Lombardi trophy- period. "We'll allow you to keep your team because we have to, but you're never going to sniff that trophy punk," will be the constant with the people in control as long as Snyder owns the team.

I'll still watch and root for the team because I'm a sucker for them. But at the end of the day we as fans are just spitting into the wind rooting for this team with Snyder as owner. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

He probably got fired the next day.

Knowing how the Peter Principle works, he was probably promoted.

2 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Not everybody gets as excited as Dan when the ice cream man shows up.

Right, where else would Snyder get the ice cream that he left to melt on Nolan's desk from? 😄

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

That was a Snyder directive. Give me Jason's salary and I probably would do the same thing lol.

I don't like Wright because he's ultimately a Snyder puppet and a coward.  Went into hiding for like, a month and a half after he botched whatever the **** that Sean Taylor thing was last year.  

He's just as incompetent as anyone else Snyder's had over his tenure.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

47 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

In my fantasy world. Goodell is already on the phone with Bezos and a few other potential buyers

Unfortunately, Goodell is lying on the floor while the other owners want a smoosh-smoosh (google South Park smoosh smoosh for the reference)

National reporter on 980 just now.

They think would what do Dan in would be a financial transgression and or sponsors boycotting the team ala what happened for the name change.  They think the fellow owners want a financial angle.  As for culture-women issue, they think the owners don't want to be open up to that type of scrutiny as to this being a precedent. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

National reporter on 980 just now.

They think would what do Dan in would be a financial transgression and or sponsors boycotting the team ala what happened for the name change.  They think the fellow owners want a financial angle.  As for culture-women issue, they think the owners don't want to be open up to that type of scrutiny as to this being a precedent. 

That makes sense.

I think what also would do him in would be him saying something racist.  Dan is a lot of things, I don't think he's a racist.  Of all the stories about him over the years, not one has had a whiff of racism.

The owners definitely want this to be financial.  They don't want this to be a culture/woman thing, I believe that 100%.  The NFL, no matter how hard it tries, is terrible to women.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't like Wright because he's ultimately a Snyder puppet and a coward.  Went into hiding for like, a month and a half after he botched whatever the **** that Sean Taylor thing was last year.  

He's just as incompetent as anyone else Snyder's had over his tenure.  

That Taylor retirement ceremony pretty much killed any hope I had for him. As a point of reference, go watch what the Nationals did for Zimmerman and Frank Howard a couple years ago--Wright and the Commanders should be taking notes

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, max21 said:

The only credit really being doled out to Jason is transforming the makeup of the organization and even with that, it's hard to credit folks for doing what they are supposed to do.  That said, I'm not about saddle him with the rebrand - that whole thing had the Snyders fingerprints all over it, it likely could have been worse (I know that's unfathomable but with the Snyders it's always possible).

16 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I actually don't have any bad feelings about what Ron said. I don't see what Ron said as praising Danya for fixing things. I read it as "Don't look at me, I did my job cleaning it up."

💯

My thoughts exactly.

It was basically - I can't control all the dumb crap these folks did before me, but I've done my part since I've been here, don't lump me with all that stuff.

I can also understand why he's annoyed by the past continuing to haunt him currently - for that I only have empathy, not sympathy - you had to know what you were getting into when you signed up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I wholly agree with you that Wright is in a no-win situation. However, he has his own missteps. "We didn't realize how important Sean Taylor was..." after that fiasco was the line that got me. Only an idiot would say that--even Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles fans KNOW what Taylor means. How many safeties have we head say they model their play after Taylor? That was an incredibly stupid and ignorant statement.

The team name (which was picked by Snyder--no one can convince me otherwise. I guarantee Snyder wanted Commanders and that was that.) was also an insulting dog and pony show. The organization--which Wright is a part of--still treats this fanbase like we're gullible idiots.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

42 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

That makes sense.

I think what also would do him in would be him saying something racist.  Dan is a lot of things, I don't think he's a racist.  Of all the stories about him over the years, not one has had a whiff of racism.

The owners definitely want this to be financial.  They don't want this to be a culture/woman thing, I believe that 100%.  The NFL, no matter how hard it tries, is terrible to women.  

I hate Dan Snyder, but I don't blame the other 31 for that from a self-preservation standpoint. The financial angle is measurable and provable. It's not emotional or something you can fudge too easily. 

"Look Dan...you cost us $X over Y years and we're sick of it and can do better." 

I think that is less uncomfortable than:

"Look Dan...we don't like what we're hearing with how you treat your employees."

The slope isn't as slippery for them.