Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

I couldn't read through all that, as I could barely make it past the 'RE:'.  

Basically, just remember guys - everything was absolute garbage all because we didn't know about how awful it was, but the moment we found out, we've fixed everything and everything is awesome now, but those with agendas want to keep talking about old stuff.

• Like 1

I said awhile back that Jason Wright was brought in first and foremost to change the workplace culture and make it so that the types of toxicity that ran rampant before did not happen again. I'm not gonna be cynical and will say it appears he has. I'm hoping so at least. As far as I know there have not been any reports or "sourced" twitter news about anything negative about the work environment since he took over. So he's done well in that area, at least. Things like the "right shade of burgundy" and the Super Bowl years were much farther down on the list for me personally. Far easier to change the SB years than to change the work culture.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I said awhile back that Jason Wright was brought in first and foremost to change the workplace culture and make it so that the types of toxicity that ran rampant before did not happen again. I'm not gonna be cynical and will say it appears he has. I'm hoping so at least. As far as I know there have not been any reports or "sourced" twitter news about anything negative about the work environment since he took over. So he's done well in that area, at least. Things like the "right shade of burgundy" and the Super Bowl years were much farther down on the list for me personally. Far easier to change the SB years than to change the work culture.

I can buy that. 

I do think that if the team has run ANY interference on any of the investigations that have been taking place since he's set foot in the building though, he's no different than anyone else who's worked there under Snyder in most people's book. Whether he spearheaded those efforts, went along with them, or just didn't have the balls to stop them...it means that he's just a younger, smarter version of Vinny or Bruce who happened to play in the NFL and happens to check a minority box at the right time for the franchise. 

That slide deck they showed earlier today with the local reporters like Liz Clark from all of Snyder's shadow investigation work is pretty shady. I'd like to think none of that comes from Wright, but it's tough to trust anyone connected to Ashburn. 

• Like 1

I don’t doubt that since Wrights arrival, he’s put a stop to much of the nefarious activity.

However, the whole thing is similar to Chris Rock’s “supposed to” bit, where folks want credit for doing what they are supposed to do in the first place.

Danya deserves no credit for being forced into doing what they are supposed to do.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I wasn't about to waste several hours of my (not very valuable) time watching the Congress and Goodell show but it seems like nobody asked the most important question that seemed kind of obvious to me for them to ask.

Why was Dan Snyder off globe yachting on "team business" when he was supposedly not involved with the "team business" anymore?

Also, how is voluntarily pretending to not being involved with the business considered a part of the league punishment? 

Goodell really does think that we are all dumb and congress pretty much proved his point if they didn't even question this at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

I wasn't about to waste several hours of my (not very valuable) time watching the Congress and Goodell show but it seems like nobody asked the most important question that seemed kind of obvious to me for them to ask.

Why was Dan Snyder off globe yachting on "team business" when he was supposedly not involved with the "team business" anymore?

Also, how is voluntarily pretending to not being involved with the business considered a part of the league punishment? 

Goodell really does think that we are all dumb and congress pretty much proved his point if they didn't even question this at all. 

I didn't watch either, and my time is absolutely not valuable at the moment.  

But from what I heard, Goodell said (over and over?) the "suspension" was voluntary.  And remember, the announcement did NOT say he was being suspended, it said he was stepping back from day to day activities, but would focus on "special projects such as the stadium."  (Paraphrased, I'm not going back to look up the exact wording."

This was the unforced error from the NFL (Goodell) and Dan: They should have suspended him and he should have accepted it.  It would have given them all the cover they needed for just about everything they wanted.  But I think the NFL has too much institutional arrogance to believe they can be forced into anything, so they did this losey goosey thing and it has kindof backfired.

But I think Rodger saying it was voluntary was kindof an answer, and if they asked specifically, he would have gone back to the statement and said it was some special project.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Interesting hearing the one side happy to use the R word.

Quietly whispering for his removal has gotten NO where. Calmly presenting evidence methodically hasn't worked. Maybe the committee didn't want her taking the exact same tactic and saying the exact same thing as those before her? Maybe getting angry will have a better chance of getting into the news cycle. Lord knows the only men speaking that loudly want the case closed.

I would think the best approach on this subject would have been less straightforward.

Referring to the Jerry Richardson's case, Jerry Jones settlements, Robert Kraft's stuff, DeShaun Watson... Then, get to Dan Snyder and wonder out loud if there's even a chance someday that women will be treated fairly within the NFL, or if she should just stay out of it.

Then, wonder out loud again what would be the tipping point for owners to act, because obviously, the NFL seems clearly rotten when dealing with women. From top to bottom.

3 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

All Snyder has to do is stay in France. They said on 106.7 a little while ago that the US would have to send the subpoena to the French government, who could then decide whether to issue it or not...and the process takes six months, by which time the Commanders will be out of the NFC East race at 4-10. I'm sure it will be so hard for Danya to get used to living on their yacht tooling around the world trying to avoid the subpoena.

Mail it to me, I'll bug Emmanuel until he signs it, then bring it to US Embassy, it's a 100 meters away from the Elysée. Would be way faster than Uber Eats.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I couldn't watch/listen.  From what I just read in this thread, it seemed like quite the show.  

I need to go back and find my "Goodell Talking Points" I posted earlier in this thread and see how they lined up.  I think I got a few of them nailed.  (PS: Anybody know an easy way to do that?  I can never get the search to work properly.)  

You can find it on page 650, June the 16th.

• Thumb up 1

What are the odds that tonight, after swimming in his money pit created out of defending the owners, Goodell calls up Jerrah and pleads with him to join the group to oust Dan?  

Jerrah is the key.  If Jerrah want's Dan out, he has enough pull to get enough owners on board.  

BUT I'd be willing to bet dollars to doughnuts if the Dallas Morning News decided to launch a multi-year investigation into the sexual misconduct at the Cowboys, they would turn up a lot of the same stuff.  Maybe some worse stuff, maybe some not as bad stuff.  But plenty of stuff.  

And Jerrah knows that.  And I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to set precedence it can cost an owner a team.  

But I'm sure Rodger is BEGGING Jerrah to help him get rid of Dan now.  After taking that ass pounding because Dan is stupid, I can imagine Rodger would like to exact some form of revenge.  

3 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

You can find it on page 650, June the 16th.

How did you figure that out?

did you ever know that you're my hero - Ace Ventura Invincible | Meme  Generator

Edited by Voice_of_Reason

17 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

How did you figure that out?

A few things.

I remember than it happened prior to TK's rant on page 653 about politics in the Stadium. Prior to this, the thread wasn't moving much and today felt a bit like a game thread.

Then I remember that I quoted this post too, so I just went through my history posts and found it easily :P

I know that's not really the answer you expected and my hero status just went down in flames.

I'm not good at using the search option either. But you can still check your own activity in your profile if you look for your own posts.

But that's if you're not Visionary, China or SIP...

Edited by Wildbunny
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Also, why is Dan’s signature on the team wide memo that just went out if he’s not an active participant? 

Jason Wright is in a position where he has to “yes” a lot of things. So he has. And it’s mad him look bad. But yes, it seems like he’s done wonders for the team personnel and I am thankful for that.

Snyder, however… some day he may get jettisoned. I’m really wondering what he has on the rest of the owners. He’s got something on them, which is why the hesitation.

If he were an outright racist he’d be gone already (which I absolutely agree that he should be), but groping (allegedly) team employees against their will should be treated the same way. 

He needs to go. Something is stopping that. 

What Danny has done to this franchise is mind-blowing.

He is a cancer that won't stop spreading. 

He has already destroyed this franchise. But it wasn't enough. Now he's making life hell on other people outside of Washington. If I was Roger, that would be my biggest selling point when it comes to getting the other owners to oust him. If they don't, he will just keep dragging them down. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

He needs to go. Something is stopping that. 

I just keep coming back to the idea that Snyder's gotta be like a Jeffrey Epstein-like figure in all of this.  Knows a lot about a lot of people, therefore wields a lot of power.  

I'm sure a lot of these owners would like to kick Dan out for being so flagrant but...well, they're afraid that Dan would go scorched earth and start naming names and releasing info.

It's the only thing I can think of.  Like @Voice_of_Reasonsaid, I'm sure Jerry doesn't want an investigation done on the Cowboys, for example.  

We know a lot about Snyder.  He is a lot of things, among them...an asshole, a spiteful angry little man, a coward...and a litigious ****.  I just think that the other NFL owners are wary of kicking him out because they know he won't go quietly.  Goodell knows that, too, so he's treading carefully. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

55 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

This was the unforced error from the NFL (Goodell) and Dan: They should have suspended him and he should have accepted it.  It would have given them all the cover they needed for just about everything they wanted.  But I think the NFL has too much institutional arrogance to believe they can be forced into anything, so they did this losey goosey thing and it has kindof backfired.

Let's not forget that Dan went out of his way to put out a statement clarifying he wasn't suspended, because he's as petty as he's ever been.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I just keep coming back to the idea that Snyder's gotta be like a Jeffrey Epstein-like figure in all of this.  Knows a lot about a lot of people, therefore wields a lot of power.  

Well, he's an owner. They have owner meetings all over the country, or maybe even in other countries, (who knows) and you can just imagine what goes on at those meetings, especially 15-20 years ago. So yeah, he might know quite a bit of ****. I can imagine a lot of things happened over the years. 

Edited by SkinsFTW
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe it’s just me, but the argument that this is just some political theater is lost on me.

I do agree that most people really don’t care about this, they are worried about inflation, gas prices, vacations, whatever else is going on this summer.

The people who really care are the folks that have been harmed and all of the fans he screwed over the moment he bought the team.

Point being, I simply don’t see how this is political theater considering it really doesn’t move the needle anywhere but here.  I don’t think this is a net positive politically for those pushing the issue, with the exception of the victims and what’s left of this fanbase.

I do have to laugh at the grandstanding about how “Americans are worried about having jobs and how much it costs in gas to drive to them, not how they’re treated there!” given (and I don’t think that stating this non-political fact is political, but will edit if it is) that we are seeing the most active fight for better workplace conditions, unions, etc. in recent history, by a long shot. I’d say this is very much a country right now that cares how they are treated in the workplace. ****ing stupid to argue otherwise, even if this specific investigation feels contained to the realm of professional sports franchises. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

But I'm sure Rodger is BEGGING Jerrah to help him get rid of Dan now.  After taking that ass pounding because Dan is stupid, I can imagine Rodger would like to exact some form of revenge.  

1 hour ago, Wildbunny said:

Roger gets paid 40 million a year to cover for more stupid owners than just The Dan. Jerry has been in hot water several times himself, so has Irsay and others. The Browns ownership just gave a guaranteed contract to a potential sex offender which is now setting the bar for every other QB and others to get crazy, guaranteed money. I'm sure Roger goes home and tells his wife "you won't believe this one" several times a year. That being said, if John Gruden takes this investigation on the Commanders and blows up everyone/everything then Roger may need to bump Dan to the top of his list, if he's not there already. I think Gruden may drop a big time lawsuit on the NFL stemming from the Commanders investigation that led to his firing. 

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don’t doubt that since Wrights arrival, he’s put a stop to much of the nefarious activity.

However, the whole thing is similar to Chris Rock’s “supposed to” bit, where folks want credit for doing what they are supposed to do in the first place.

Danya deserves no credit for being forced into doing what they are supposed to do.

I like Jason Wright.  But it’s hard to like a guy that’s campaigning for such an asshole