Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

this is that segment

Not to diminish the comment, but I've had far far worse said to me on the job directly to my face. That comment means so very little in the grand scheme of things. It might be a reflection of the overall mentality of Larry Michael but it's not really evidence of anything to clutch the pearls over.

1 minute ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Not to diminish the comment, but I've had far far worse said to me on the job directly to my face. That comment means so very little in the grand scheme of things. It might be a reflection of the overall mentality of Larry Michael but it's not really evidence of anything to clutch the pearls over.

I think as far as Larry goes its one comment that fits other narratives about him.  I sympathize some with Finlay because when guys start talking like that, they are egging on the other to say something and that's how Finlay's comment comes off to me.

On the radio, Finlay's been really tough on Dan through the whole process.  His partner, Brian Mitchell, has been the dude constantly playing devil's advocate on behalf of Dan -- though he says he's just trying to be fair. 

• Like 1

Interesting hearing the one side happy to use the R word.

24 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

It's already been said (or heavily alluded to) by others. She asked it in the worst way to actually lead to his removal, though. Yelling it angrily did no good. Another congress member did it the right way, by calmly showing Snyder was in breach of NFL conduct policies and leading Goodell down the road to the point of basically saying someone who has multiple violations against the NFL conduct policy should maybe be removed?

Quietly whispering for his removal has gotten NO where. Calmly presenting evidence methodically hasn't worked. Maybe the committee didn't want her taking the exact same tactic and saying the exact same thing as those before her? Maybe getting angry will have a better chance of getting into the news cycle. Lord knows the only men speaking that loudly want the case closed.

Sadly, patently false statements overt lies crazed conspiracy theories and yelling have become a very effective tool by politicians to get publicity. Most everything else including simple facts no longer matter like they used to.

Edited by RandyHolt

All Snyder has to do is stay in France. They said on 106.7 a little while ago that the US would have to send the subpoena to the French government, who could then decide whether to issue it or not...and the process takes six months, by which time the Commanders will be out of the NFC East race at 4-10. I'm sure it will be so hard for Danya to get used to living on their yacht tooling around the world trying to avoid the subpoena.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think as far as Larry goes its one comment that fits other narratives about him.  I sympathize some with Finlay because when guys start talking like that, they are egging on the other to say something and that's how Finlay's comment comes off to me.

On the radio, Finlay's been really tough on Dan through the whole process.  His partner, Brian Mitchell, has been the dude constantly playing devil's advocate on behalf of Dan -- though he says he's just trying to be fair. 

Agree completely about Finlay's possible motivations. However, I've been in Finlay's position where coworkers (well a coworker and my boss) were talking sexually about a female acquaintance we also work with, and the egging didn't work on me...in fact one of the guys looked at my facial expression after their comment and said "What? You mean you wouldn't **** her?" I shook my head and rolled my eyes. However (again lol), Finlay's relationship with someone in the organization is different than mine was with the two guys I mentioned even though one was my boss...so I could probably be more forward and direct with my reaction than he could with his. However (thrice!) I know how "guys" are when they're alone and no women are around...they can be pigs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FrFan said:

If he takes the 5th against the subpoena, does it mean case closed or is there an other legal action possible ?

Within the context of a congressional hearing, that's the end (technically the committee could file in court to challenge to good faith basis of the 5th plea, but that's extremely unlikely).  But 5th plea creates a presumption of adverse inference for civil cases so Snyder's attorneys would be very leery of recommending such a move in such a public setting. 

The optics of a blanket and repeated 5th by Snyder would be terrible though and I'm not sure how the NFL lives that down.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

All Snyder has to do is stay in France. They said on 106.7 a little while ago that the US would have to send the subpoena to the French government, who could then decide whether to issue it or not...and the process takes six months, by which time the Commanders will be out of the NFC East race at 4-10. I'm sure it will be so hard for Danya to get used to living on their yacht tooling around the world trying to avoid the subpoena.

I'd take half a year of banishment as a W.

9 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Interesting hearing the one side happy to use the R word.

Quietly whispering for his removal has gotten NO where. Calmly presenting evidence methodically hasn't worked. Maybe the committee didn't want her taking the exact same tactic and saying the exact same thing as those before her? Maybe getting angry will have a better chance of getting into the news cycle. Lord knows the only men speaking that loudly want the case closed.

Sadly, patently false statements overt lies crazed conspiracy theories and yelling have become a very effective tool by politicians to get publicity.

No one has quietly whispered it, and definitely no one in today's hearing. It was out loud and direct. And it was convincing...far more convincing than the showboat yelling and demanding an answer from Goodell from the one congresswoman on something that he couldn't deliver. The way it was done by the other congress member makes sense and makes you think...her way just turns off those who don't want Snyder to be forced to sell to begin with.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

8 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

No one has quietly whispered it, and definitely no one in today's hearing. It was out loud and direct. And it was convincing...far more convincing than the showboat yelling and demanding an answer from Goodell from the one congresswoman on something that he couldn't deliver. The way it was done by the other congress member makes sense and makes you think...her way just turns off those who don't want Snyder to be forced to sell to begin with.

I wonder if women appreciated her approach more than men do.  I think they are fed up in ways men can never imagine

Edited by RandyHolt

14 minutes ago, FrFan said:

If he takes the 5th against the subpoena, does it mean case closed or is there an other legal action possible ?

You can’t take the fifth against a subpoena. He would have to assert the fifth for each and every question he is asked. They would grandstand with long questions that make him look horrible then he would say “I invoke my fifth amendment right and refuse to answer”. Would be a horrible look.

Technically they can grant him immunity from prosecution which would waive his 5th amendment assertion as well. This isn’t a criminal matter anyway but that’s not likely. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Agree completely about Finlay's possible motivations. However, I've been in Finlay's position where coworkers (well a coworker and my boss) were talking sexually about a female acquaintance we also work with, and the egging didn't work on me...in fact one of the guys looked at my facial expression after their comment and said "What? You mean you wouldn't **** her?" I shook my head and rolled my eyes. However (again lol), Finlay's relationship with someone in the organization is different than mine was with the two guys I mentioned even though one was my boss...so I could probably be more forward and direct with my reaction than he could with his. However (thrice!) I know how "guys" are when they're alone and no women are around...they can be pigs.

I fully feel you here. For me personally, and everyone handles this differently, I hit an age (and comfort level with myself and my career) where I started to see it as a mark against my character if guys who knew me in a setting like that saw me as a “safe space” for their comments in the first place. Like, for me that began to mean that I wasn’t showing enough of who I was to make it obvious I wasn’t someone to snicker with. That isn’t an option for everyone in every situation—people have to get by and that’s always been the tough part about getting along in the workforce among people who can destroy you or derail you if they feel you aren’t “one of them”. I’m lucky to be in a leadership position where I can create the environment I’d want to work in, but that wasn’t always the case coming up. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I agree...I don't think those comments are horrible. But if he's saying something like that to someone he doesn't know all that well, imagine what's under the surface for the 15 years he worked there!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Agree, he could have pushed back.    I think for me is does this play into a pattern with him?  i don't get that vibe listening to Finlay over the years that its his style.    But, I obviously don't know. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Conn said:

I fully feel you here. For me personally, and everyone handles this differently, I hit an age (and comfort level with myself and my career) where I started to see it as a mark against my character if guys who knew me in a setting like that saw me as a “safe space” for their comments in the first place. Like, for me that began to mean that I wasn’t showing enough of who I was to make it obvious I wasn’t someone to snicker with. That isn’t an option for everyone in every situation—people have to get by and that’s always been the tough part about getting along in the workforce among people who can destroy you or derail you if they feel you aren’t “one of them”. I’m lucky to be in a leadership position where I can create the environment I’d want to work in, but that wasn’t always the case coming up. 

Hoo, boy, is that bold part ever true.

• Like 2

The Michaels/Finlay comments aren’t bombshells by any stretch.  But it does provide just a mere glimpse into what’s important to Michaels and just how at ease he is about it amongst company.

Ultimately it totally fits the narrative that came out about him and you’ll never convince me that Snyder was in the dark about his actions and demeanor.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, max21 said:

Damn wonder how JP feels about that audio getting released

I checked Twitter and he had a lot of @‘s and they weren’t nice, that’s for sure.  I expect a statement of some type to be made very soon.

edit:  and someone brought up something, that I never really thought of.  Cooley kind of disappeared from the spotlight right around the same time much if this stuff was going down.  Love his film reviews, but he’s not necessarily the most wholesome dude, makes me wonder if anything about him was unearthed in these investigations.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 2

I couldn't watch/listen.  From what I just read in this thread, it seemed like quite the show.  

I need to go back and find my "Goodell Talking Points" I posted earlier in this thread and see how they lined up.  I think I got a few of them nailed.  (PS: Anybody know an easy way to do that?  I can never get the search to work properly.)