Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Ok, here goes, and I'm going to keep this somewhat short and sweet: @Skinsinparadise if I screwed something up, let me know.

Sheehan asked him to opine on the 2 different allegations separately: 1) The converted ticket deposits to revenue 2) the hiding of revenue from the NFL by booking it under a different event.

(bunch of appreciated info)

This seems to echo what the sports law guy was saying on Keim's broadcast. And this part right here is deflating:

"And he said the second set of books came from the fact Jason Friedman wanted to make DAMN SURE he got credit for selling the $55 ticket, and got bonus/compensated on that amount, and the other sales folks who sold the other events didn't get to benefit from the money they moved around.  Is that TRULY a second set of books?  Eh, that's questionable.  But Gutman said based on reading the letter, that's where it came from."

If that turns out to be the case it plays right into what republican congress members were saying about it being a disgruntled ex-employee making the claims. Which was a laughable and cliche' response that I don't want to see validated even a little.

Someone on twitter was criticizing Jason Wright because he had fired Jason Friedman, and somehow reached the conclusion that Snyder told him to fire Friedman because he...knew Friedman would...tell on him, I guess? lol...Basically that Friedman is a good person and Wright just fired him for not wanting to take part in Snyder's immoral and unethical financial coverup. I guess.

I pointed out that the dude stayed with Snyder for 20 years and from the emails was willing to do those same financial coverups...so maybe he deserved to be fired?...Never got a response lol.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

21 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

They just need to go win, just put a good product on the field consistently for multiple years with a few fun playoff runs and this stuff will go away and Washington will be a great place to play again. That’s all there is to it. It’s the only thing that will make this never ending dark cloud go away.

Oh that’s all? I’m sure it’ll happen any time now then 

• Like 2

LaVar is only just now figuring out Snyder is a problem?

https://www.si.com/nfl/washingtonfootball/news/washington-commanders-lavar-arrington-daniel-snyder-apology-update#gid=ci029eb09d20002650&pid=dan-snyder-roger-goodell

>>Arrington spoke about Snyder and questioned why all of this is just now being made public, and why Snyder is being targeted by the NFL.

“I’m just wondering why now is it such an intensified approach or focus on Daniel Snyder,” he said. “I feel like there’s something there.”<<

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Conn said:

Oh that’s all? I’m sure it’ll happen any time now then 

Didn’t say it would be easy! Very clearly it’s not. But probably top to bottom the strongest roster on paper as we at least now have a QB who is capable AND a pretty solid supporting cast around him, albeit a few holes still. But all teams have them.

• Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, CommanderCarson said:

It’s appearing more and more like it’s a ploy to get Snyder out, I would be shocked if anything truly comes of this. 

They just need to go win, just put a good product on the field consistently for multiple years with a few fun playoff runs and this stuff will go away and Washington will be a great place to play again. That’s all there is to it. It’s the only thing that will make this never ending dark cloud go away.

Yeah, well therein lies the rub. That's NEVER going to happen as long as Dan is the owner.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SonnySideUp said:

LaVar is only just now figuring out Snyder is a problem?

https://www.si.com/nfl/washingtonfootball/news/washington-commanders-lavar-arrington-daniel-snyder-apology-update#gid=ci029eb09d20002650&pid=dan-snyder-roger-goodell

>>Arrington spoke about Snyder and questioned why all of this is just now being made public, and why Snyder is being targeted by the NFL.

“I’m just wondering why now is it such an intensified approach or focus on Daniel Snyder,” he said. “I feel like there’s something there.”<<

Well hopefully this means  he's finally done blaming Joe Gibbs and Grilliams

1 hour ago, Sacks &#x27;n&#x27; Stuff said:

Yeah, well therein lies the rub. That's NEVER going to happen as long as Dan is the owner.

I totally understand and respect that opinion but I’m not convinced that’s the case, and I think this coaching staff is the strongest overall since Gibbs II. And I think the talent base on this team is superior to those Gibbs teams, especially adding an impact player at 11.

I don’t think people are truly appreciating how hard it was to win 7 games with that limited of a QB. It’s the mark of a very strong roster, and those 4 games where they started playing really strong defense and ball control offense will be more of the norm this year imo. Except now terry will explode and we can actually stretch a defense vertically. We also don’t play a murderers row of great QBs.

Mark it down, we will make the playoffs and win a game this year. But it will take far more than that to make this all go away!

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

Mark it down, we will make the playoffs and win a game this year. But it will take far more than that to make this all go away!

Definite possibility… and then Danny will get his little fingers into everything the same way he always does when we are on the cusp of righting the ship and poison everything the coaches have built. That’s who he is. A toxic little megalomaniac.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CommanderCarson said:

I totally understand and respect that opinion but I’m not convinced that’s the case, and I think this coaching staff is the strongest overall since Gibbs II. And I think the talent base on this team is superior to those Gibbs teams, especially adding an impact player at 11.

I don’t think people are truly appreciating how hard it was to win 7 games with that limited of a QB. It’s the mark of a very strong roster, and those 4 games where they started playing really strong defense and ball control offense will be more of the norm this year imo. Except now terry will explode and we can actually stretch a defense vertically. We also don’t play a murderers row of great QBs.

Mark it down, we will make the playoffs and win a game this year. But it will take far more than that to make this all

When I read this all I can hear is Bruce Allen insisting “it means you’re close”. Even if I were willing to lower my standards for success to that level, I’d still be stuck supporting that despicable scumbag of an owner, so I can’t. I love your optimism though, and I’m glad there are still fans holding out hope.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CommanderCarson said:

Well, I guess we know who Lucy's holding the football for this year...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sacks &#x27;n&#x27; Stuff said:

Not me. I want 0 Washington fans at games. I want not one piece of Commanders merchandise to ever sell as long as Dan owns the team.

I very much respect your opinion!

But I care more about the guys who play the game between the white lines and guys like Rivera who literally somewhat risked his life to coach this football team.

17 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

But I care more about the guys who play the game between the white lines and guys like Rivera who literally somewhat risked his life to coach this football team.

I care more about them too. I just don’t believe that the NFL is a place where even good men can overcome a toxic boss.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Sacks &#x27;n&#x27; Stuff said:

I care more about them too. I just don’t believe that the NFL is a place where even good men can overcome a toxic boss.

I agree that it’s a huge hindrance.

But the only thing I don’t understand is that if you cared about them you wouldn’t wish zero fans show up. The players and especially Rivera speak quite often about the need to win and how frustrating it is there is so much hatred and bitterness toward the team. That stuff wears on them, and I can’t imagine it’s super easy to get up for a divisional rival game against the eagles when they are getting booed by the eagles masses that have invaded the Stadium for example.

I totally understand wanting to hit Snyder where it hurts most, but I don’t think some realize the negative impact on almost everyone else trying their darnest to turn this thing around. 

• Thumb down 1

6 hours ago, CommanderCarson said:

Agree here. But keep in mind, I'm not sure Rivera knew how bad it was when he signed up... The "I'm tired of the questions" interview was telling without saying much.

Also, there's a reason we aren't bringing in a ton of free agents. Especially ones with no Rivera ties. Awful facilities. Awful ownership. Damned awful culture.

But yes, the players and coaches are just about the only reason I have any semblance of care left. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, profusion said:

The NFL's inaction on what is now a ridiculously long list of Snyder's sleazy doings bespeaks arrogance. They think you and I will just keep consuming their entertainment product no matter what they do.

I, for one, am ready to prove them wrong. At this point, I'm just monitoring the situation to see if they dump the SOB.

Believe me, more and more former fans are in that boat. Plenty of people who used to passionately root for the team now follow the week-to-week drama but either don't care if they win on Sundays or actively root against them. That's me now, which sucks. I watched all 3 Super Bowl wins. I drew pictures of the early-80s Skins and emulated the mid- and late-80s Skins in my yard with my friends. I followed the early-90s Skins while in middle and high school and suffered with the mid- and late-90s Skins as I made my way through college. As I entered the working world, I would fill slow times in the office reading articles and power rankings about the 2000s Skins hoping and praying that Snyder would figure out a way to bring this team back to relevance.

I continued to give him the benefit of the doubt that, as a younger guy he just needed some time to learn how to win. As that hope faded, I started to let myself believe that even though he wasn't a very good owner, he was likely just misunderstood or unfairly portrayed by the local and national media. I assumed that most people would rather run with a negative story or let the jealousy of some other guy owning our beloved Redskins cloud their judgment. Come on...he didn't really make peers or people older than him call him Mr. Snyder! So what if he sued some loony old broad who defaulted on her payments?? That's money that's owed to him. 

But then the news turned more serious. Nude cheerleader videos. Countless examples of ridiculous behavior toward women that we wouldn't have allowed 25 years earlier as 19-year-olds in our frat house, let alone at a billion-dollar organization. I just couldn't any longer continue to associate THIS organization with the one I had so much innocent, childhood pride in. So, now I follow the news and the drama.

I am the antithesis of those shirts I used to see as a kid and laugh so hard at...I am a fan of whoever is playing the Washington Commanders! To Hell with Dan Snyder...that weasel of a "man" single-handedly ended what was a decades-long relationship with the team and what was also one honestly (and maybe sadly) one of my top-5 personality traits consistently through my life. 

Edited by TD_washingtonredskins
  • Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

15 hours ago, CommanderCarson said:

It’s appearing more and more like it’s a ploy to get Snyder out, I would be shocked if anything truly comes of this. 

A ploy by whom?   The witness came with receipts, I do believe it is the job of Congress to get to the bottom of all of this. I pray Dan Snyder is called to testify.   Knowing how bad he is at public speaking this will be OJ Bronco level of interest for me.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CommanderCarson said:

If someone is guilty of something, it's not a ploy for there to be consequences. A ploy would mean all the accusations are made up, which I think we can tell at this point is not the case. I kind of doubt he'll lose the team too, because I think the entire league is guilty of this and doesn't want Snyder to air all that out if they bounced him from his padded chair.

Winning would help, but as others have pointed out I don't think that's likely because of Snyder's style of management. Bad teams usually stay bad for years unless something changes...remember the Cardinals from say 1948 until 2007? The cheapskate Bidwill's ran the team (and still do) but nothing changed until they got a world-class QB in Kurt Warner. The Bengals are usually bad but lucked into getting Joe Burrow.

The Browns are just terrible and got one decent year out of Mayfield but appear to be sliding back towards the abyss from whence they have been in since Bernie Kosar left. And the Lions...don't get me started on the Lions. The Fords are almost as inept at running a football team as they are at designing decent cars.

On 4/14/2022 at 9:25 AM, Darrell Green Fan said:

Well I'm in a strange place. I had committed to switching to the Ravens, I'm following their draft reports and getting familiar with their roster.  I have purposely avoided any Washington draft talk.  Now with this latest revelation I have no idea which team's draft to follow.  Is it possible that they kick out Dan before the draft?  No that's not possible.  But I feel more positive with each day which seems to bring yet another report, all bad for Little Danny.  

NEVER.  Come on I can talk you off the bridge.  Better times ahead.  

"Take your negative thoughts and change them to positive affirmations"

Come on back, the water is warm!!

Yesterday, today and tmrw, WASHINGTON!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Believe me, more and more former fans are in that boat. Plenty of people who used to passionately root for the team now follow the week-to-week drama but either don't care if they win on Sundays or actively root against them. That's me now, which sucks. I watched all 3 Super Bowl wins. I drew pictures of the early-80s Skins and emulated the mid- and late-80s Skins in my yard with my friends. I followed the early-90s Skins while in middle and high school and suffered with the mid- and late-90s Skins as I made my way through college. As I entered the working world, I would fill slow times in the office reading articles and power rankings about the 2000s Skins hoping and praying that Snyder would figure out a way to bring this team back to relevance.

I continued to give him the benefit of the doubt that, as a younger guy he just needed some time to learn how to win. As that hope faded, I started to let myself believe that even though he wasn't a very good owner, he was likely just misunderstood or unfairly portrayed by the local and national media. I assumed that most people would rather run with a negative story or let the jealousy of some other guy owning our beloved Redskins cloud their judgment. Come on...he didn't really make peers or people older than him call him Mr. Snyder! So what if he sued some loony old broad who defaulted on her payments?? That's money that's owed to him. 

But then the news turned more serious. Nude cheerleader videos. Countless examples of ridiculous behavior toward women that we wouldn't have allowed 25 years earlier as 19-year-olds in our frat house, let alone at a billion-dollar organization. I just couldn't any longer continue to associated THIS organization with the one I had so much innocent, childhood pride in. So, now I follow the news and the drama.

I am the antithesis of those shirts I used to see as a kid and laugh so hard at...I am a fan of whoever is playing the Washington Commanders! To Hell with Dan Snyder...that weasel of a "man" single-handedly ended what was a decades-long relationship with the team and what was also one honestly (and maybe sadly) one of my top-5 personality traits consistently through my life. 

This is kinda close to where I am.  I pull for the team on Sundays but at the same time there's this weird rage-hate thing going on where I'm actively rooting for Snyder's downfall and the organization continuing to **** up in hopes that the NFL will have to step in and get rid of him.  It's like I'm rooting for them and against them all at the same time, it's weird.  

Ever since the summer of 2020, the pressure has slowly been ramping up against Snyder and I have to believe it will culminate soon.  This isn't going away.

Anyone who thinks Snyder will survive this needs to look at it from a different angle:   He's pissed off people left and right and made enemies for 20+ years.  There's no one in his corner outside of Tanya and the NFL plant Jason Wright.  It's easy to recruit more vultures to circle around him and more and more are being added all the time.  People in the media are digging hard to find out more dirt.  And now, the US Government appears to be getting involved, too.  He's devalued this franchise in a way people didn't think was possible and the NFL can't stand for this too much longer. 

The longer this pressure is applied, the more people come out and disclose things that have been going on for years, the more sexual harassment claims, the more financial improprieties....the more body shots Snyder takes, it's just opening him up for a crushing knockout blow.  It's going to happen.  Might not happen this week, might not happen this summer, but it's coming.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

16 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Well hopefully this means  he's finally done blaming Joe Gibbs and Grilliams

Didn't the big rift between LaVarr and the Skins occur AFTER he signed a contract extension with the Skins?

It was a truly bizarre set of circumstances that is kind of hazy with my current goldfish level memory but I'll do my best.

Arrington and his agents, the infamous Poston brothers, were at Redskins Park working frantically with Snyder, Allen (or was it Cerrato?) and the team's attorneys on a new contract just before the deadline.

They finally came to an agreement, shook hands and hugged each other.

Then Snyder broke out the Chivas Regal and had an underling fax the signed agreement to the league office less than 20 minutes before the deadline for free agency.

They then all went out for a wild night of steaks, scotch, and cigars on Dan with a half dozen titillating cheerleaders.

A few days or weeks later Arrington and the Poston's began claiming that Dan switched a couple of pages in the final paperwork that he signed then faxed it to the league which, they claimed, cheated LaVarr out of a big bonus or some other significant compensation.

It turned into a big back and forth with great venom coming from both sides. Arrington outright said he was cheated. 

The Poston's claimed to the league or arbitrators that the Redskins intentionally orchestrated everything to be done at the last minute knowing they wouldn't have enough time to inspect each page thoroughly.

Ultimately the contract stood as signed because it was determined that it was the Poston brothers fiduciary responsibility to only allow their client to sign documents that they have first closely examined.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

15 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

This is kinda close to where I am.  I pull for the team on Sundays but at the same time there's this weird rage-hate thing going on where I'm actively rooting for Snyder's downfall and the organization continuing to **** up in hopes that the NFL will have to step in and get rid of him.  It's like I'm rooting for them and against them all at the same time, it's weird.  

Ever since the summer of 2020, the pressure has slowly been ramping up against Snyder and I have to believe it will culminate soon.  This isn't going away.

Anyone who thinks Snyder will survive this needs to look at it from a different angle:   He's pissed off people left and right and made enemies for 20+ years.  There's no one in his corner outside of Tanya and the NFL plant Jason Wright.  It's easy to recruit more vultures to circle around him and more and more are being added all the time.  People in the media are digging hard to find out more dirt.  And now, the US Government appears to be getting involved, too.  He's devalued this franchise in a way people didn't think was possible and the NFL can't stand for this too much longer. 

The longer this pressure is applied, the more people come out and disclose things that have been going on for years, the more sexual harassment claims, the more financial improprieties....the more body shots Snyder takes, it's just opening him up for a crushing knockout blow.  It's going to happen.  Might not happen this week, might not happen this summer, but it's coming.  

Your body shot comparison is perfect imo. You have to set up the knockout like you said, no billionaire on earth has a glass jaw so to speak, no matter how pathetic they are personally and professionally. Their resources are nearly infinite and the financial gravity well of power around them is just too great.

People who say “negative things that hurt the org’s reputation but aren’t big enough to take him down alone aren’t worth it, it just extends the bad aura around the team as Snyder sticks around” are completely missing the point imo. The point being that a lot of times a smoking gun is found or a person with knowledge of the smoking gun comes forward BECAUSE of the slow and steady build-up of smaller incidents that encourage people to follow their consciences (or their fear of being found out independently) and come forward. Friedman himself said that after the women came forward he felt the moral urgency to come forward and stop lying for Snyder. You want to build more of that atmosphere and keep the pressure on, that pervasive feeling that every week something bigger is dropping is invaluable to encouraging others to come forward. And eventually it will be the person that knows enough to make something stick. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1