Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

12 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

I'm going to pretend that Dan and Jerry are good friends, so I feel better wanting him out.  I can't be on the same side as Jerry...

If Jerry felt that strongly about wanting Dan out, then he'd be out already. Most likely they see him as an annoying rash that they don't want to make worse by scratching.

16 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Who pretends it's not that bad?  I think everybody knows how bad it is.  

And if you didn't know, just ask literally anybody who covers the team, nationally or locally, because they'll remind you every single day.  

Dude I still think well we won the division 2 years ago and when Kirk was here before that and in 2012 and 2 out 3 years in the playoffs with Gibbs 2.0 including a win in Tampa so it can’t be that bad. I’m kinda convinced we will go to the Super Bowl this year now that we have Wentz. I honestly do. It’s either some sort of traumatic brain injury or a coping mechanism. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The argument that a new owner could potentially be worse than Snyder is perhaps the most flimsy of all Snyder apologist type takes. 

There are Snyder apologists?  Where?  I literally can only think of one guy who used to call into the Sheehan radio show (and then I think he moved to Florida), who used to defend him.  As far as I know, that's it.  That's the list.

And I'm probably as close to "rational" as you're going to get because:

1. I don't hold him responsible for the location of FedEx field, since it was built before he owned the team.

2. I only partially hold him responsible for how crappy the stadium is because it was built before he owned the team, BUT he could have done MUCH more to improve the fan experience over the years, so "only partially" blame him

3. I acknowledge that after firing Marty, Dan hasn't actually had a "quick trigger finger" for firing coaches (Spurrier quit, GIbbs retired, Zorn was fired after 2 years, Shanahan after 4 (but 3 losing season), and Jay got 6 whacks at it)

4. I also acknowledge the FA spending sprees stopped in 2009, and we've had 13 years of either almost no big name FAs.  

5. I put the whole Kirk contract debacle squarely at the feet of BOTH Kirk and Bruce.  

6. I give him some credit for intelligence, because honestly, you can't be a bumbling moron and manage to make the kind of money he did and then figure out a way to buy an NFL team.  I don't think he's a complete idiot.  I think he's probably an excellent salesperson in small groups, he probably has some good ideas, and he knows the financial transaction deal making process.  

I hold him accountable for a million other things, such as the environment and culture he has fostered, completely screwing up the QB selections, most recently Haskins, siding with Griffin over Shanahan, firing Marty (I still think that's the worst move he's made as owner), the workplace misconduct stuff, not firing Vinny soon enough, not firing Bruce soon enough, and a bunch of other stuff. Basically leading a losing organization for the past 23 years, always blaming somebody else for the issues, not understanding he is a huge part of it, and not taking responsibility for that.  

I still want him out. BADLY.  I think he's an absolutely horrific manager and leader.  I think he leads predominantly by fear.  He has shows that he's completely self-unaware and arrogant, which is a bad conversation. 

HOWEVER, I also want the noise to end if it's not going to lead to his ouster. If we're going to be stuck with him, then I want all of the Snyder stories to just cease.  There is just no reason to continue with the cycle of negativity. 

Which is why this story just bugged me.  I heard the initial accusations, and my bull**** radar immediately went off.  Screwing with the NFL financially would be MASSIVELY difficult to do.  So I think this thing was put out there just to get a rise out of everybody, get that reporter some additional clicks, bring Snyder back into the public eye in a negative light, which is what the lawyer and Congress want).  But it doesn't do anything else except make it harder to sign players.  

And THAT is why I'm getting irritated with the media.  If you've got something which can get Dan removed, go for it. There was the chance the sexual misconduct allegations MIGHT have gotten there, but the worst allegation against Dan is he put his hand on a woman's leg 13 years ago.  I'm sorry, as I said before, that's every Monday - Sunday for Jerry, probably Iray, and a whole bunch of other owners.  They aint kicking him out for that.  So unless there is something REALLY strong and has a chance, just shut your pie hole and let the team just try and be a football team for God's sake.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Dude I still think well we won the division 2 years ago and when Kirk was here before that and in 2012 and 2 out 3 years in the playoffs with Gibbs 2.0 including a win in Tampa so it can’t be that bad. I’m kinda convinced we will go to the Super Bowl this year now that we have Wentz. I honestly do. It’s either some sort of traumatic brain injury or a coping mechanism. 

Ok...  

It might be both.  

Though the first step to solving a problem is admitting you have one.

I'm NEVER going to try and convince somebody to be negative. I try and stay positive.  I think we have a better team this year than most, I'm higher on Wetnz than most.  

But I'm not on the superbowl train.  I think there could be some improvement.  My hope is they can get to 11 wins 2 years in a row, the Snyder stuff dies down a bit, and they can just start acting like a normal organization.

I really think Ron is a good dude and a good coach, but he's trying to build a team with one hand tied behind his back.

17 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

There are Snyder apologists?  Where?  I literally can only think of one guy who used to call into the Sheehan radio show (and then I think he moved to Florida), who used to defend him.  As far as I know, that's it.  That's the list.

See the ongoing debate in this very thread.

Obviously Snyder apologists are an endangered species at this point.  It’s incredibly rare to hear from one in real life and every once in a blue moon you’ll spot one online.

@FLSkinz83 aka HardcoreZorn, aka SweatSuit, and any other monikers I may have missed, made a name for himself here in prior years for defending Bruce (and saying he isn’t), likening all the noise in Ashburn to “fake news” and just generally following SIP and I around, challenging any post we’d make about our front office ineptitude.  He’d been warned about it, banned for not stopping, only to show up under a VPN months later with a new screen name.  But his posting is so predictable and unique to him, I can snuff him out in a world full of billions of people.

He’s now returned with this new name and can’t help but to chime in about “fake news”, claim he’s not a Snyder apologist, while challenging posts that point fingers at Snyder, under the guise of “I don’t really care about Snyder but…every bad thing said about him are lies created by the mob media, and the reason for his 20+ years of ineptitude is simply bad luck and not unlike “several” other owners.  It’s insulting to any fan with a functioning brain to say the least.

So yeah, there aren’t many that exist - but there’s a living breathing one on his 3rd screen name in the last 2 or 3 years among us.  As a matter of fact, I probably wouldn’t have figured him out if he wouldn’t have started with the Snyder isn’t so bad stuff.  That’s how rare it is to find someone defending him.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Ok...  

It might be both.  

Though the first step to solving a problem is admitting you have one.

I'm NEVER going to try and convince somebody to be negative. I try and stay positive.  I think we have a better team this year than most, I'm higher on Wetnz than most.  

But I'm not on the superbowl train.  I think there could be some improvement.  My hope is they can get to 11 wins 2 years in a row, the Snyder stuff dies down a bit, and they can just start acting like a normal organization.

I really think Ron is a good dude and a good coach, but he's trying to build a team with one hand tied behind his back.

The NFC is not scary. You have a more depleted Packers team with more pressure on Rodgers, Tampa who Heinicke beat with a worse version of our team and a better version of the Bucs and the Rams who are streaky. I think we can win it.

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

He’s teasing more. He fooled me with his first article ; not falling for it with his future articles.

His point was Congress is looking into this.  They are. 

Caplan from the Athletic has a source challenging whether Dan could pull off cooking the books -- not because they know for sure but because its hard to do.  Maybe that source ends up on the money but it doesn't mean slam dunk that his source is right, will see.  it doesn't mean the story is shut and closed. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

13 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The NFC is not scary. You have a more depleted Packers team with more pressure on Rodgers, Tampa who Heinicke beat with a worse version of our team and a better version of the Bucs and the Rams who are streaky. I think we can win it.

From your mouth to God's ears.  

I think Dallas is definitely better in our division. However, IF the defense, and specifically the defensive line get's it's head out of it's ass, I think it is closer than people think.  

I don't see us going and winning 3 road playoff games in a row.  That would be a tall ask.  If they somehow got the division, I think it's more likely they win a game or maybe 2.

I also think there are sleeper teams in the Vikings (yes, I get the Kirk thing), Cards, Eagles (and I get the Hurts thing). I think there is a chance the Bears and Saints are both better than people think.  

I dunno.  I think they should get to 10-11 wins, and compete for the division.  That's about the limit of my expectations at this point.  

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

His point was Congress is looking into this.  They are. 

Caplan from the Athletic has a source challenging whether Dan could pull off cooking the books -- not because they know for sure but because its hard to do.  Maybe that source ends up on the money but it doesn't mean slam dunk that his source is right, will see.  it doesn't mean the story is shut and closed. 

I don't quite understand what jurisdiction Congress has to look into financial shenanigans of a professional sports team.  I mean, I guess they can kindof do whatever they want to an extent, but in theory, congressional involvement is limited to hearing and investigations which directly relate to legislation.  

They are not an investigative branch, and they are not a law enforcement branch.  I asked a good friend of mine who works with congress on a daily basis what was going on, and his reply was, "this seems like it really should be a judicial matter." 

So, and I've said this before, I'm not sure what their end game is. 

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don't quite understand what jurisdiction Congress has to look into financial shenanigans of a professional sports team.  I mean, I guess they can kindof do whatever they want to an extent, but in theory, congressional involvement is limited to hearing and investigations which directly relate to legislation.  

They are not an investigative branch, and they are not a law enforcement branch.  I asked a good friend of mine who works with congress on a daily basis what was going on, and his reply was, "this seems like it really should be a judicial matter." 

So, and I've said this before, I'm not sure what their end game is. 

I look at it this way, if anyone and everyone is going to tap dance on the Constitution anyway, I might as well get something out of it.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

We just pretend it’s not that bad to cope. 

Hell...I pushed thru denial years ago.  Got through the anger, bartering and depression parts of grief no problem either.  Sadly overshot the whole acceptance thing and went straight on into drinking. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, profusion said:

If Jerry felt that strongly about wanting Dan out, then he'd be out already. Most likely they see him as an annoying rash that they don't want to make worse by scratching.

Dan "anal rash" Snyder

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Team's response:

Of all the ridiculous things the team states, to be honest, this I believe.  And it's mostly because I can't imagine the NFL giving each of it's franchises the equivalent of a proctology exam over it's financials.  

27 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

I look at it this way, if anyone and everyone is going to tap dance on the Constitution anyway, I might as well get something out of it.  

Honestly, I am totally aligned with this.  I asked one of my lobbying friends, who is both a Redskin fan and a Republican, if he could motivate his brethren to help the Dem's on the Oversight committee JUST THIS ONE TIME whether or not it really was the "right thing to do" because for God's sake, it's the "Right GODDAMN thing to do."

Clearly that went nowhere (and was mostly a joke.)  

But if we're going to play fast and loose with separation of powers, I wouldn't shed a tear if Dan was caught in the middle of it.  

THOUGH I can also imagine him challenging it to the SCOTUS if there was a separations of powers thing where the legislative branch overstepped it's bounds, and I actually think the SCOTUS would side with Dan, which would make me sad.

40 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Team's response:

So...........who is Washington Commanders Team Spokesperson?  Is that just Dan Snyder?  I guess at this point nobody, including apparently whoever is literally paid to be the spokesperson, wants their name associated with anything said by the team.

We will see what comes out. I personally think it has to do with the years when there was a sham season ticket waitlist. The team did not sell individual tickets officially. They did dump huge amounts of seats on StubHub and the secondary market. Most were reprints straight from the team.

So if the team wasn’t selling individual game tickets because they were “sold out” to season ticket holders, then the amount brought in by season tickets would be the total revenue on the books to the NFL. However, if the team was selling those unsold season tickets on an individual game basis and pocketing the revenue from StubHub without accounting for any of the underlying face value to the NFL pool, then they would be withholding a portion from the NFL.

We aren’t talking a few seats either. There was a massive market to keep the season ticket waitlist sham going.

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 2