Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

11 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Why weren't more people here today joyfully posting on the forum?

For me its a chicken little/cry wolf scenario.

I'll swing by and get the basic overview, but honestly, its hard to see the finish line with another "Snyder wont get by this one" scandal. What is this, #20?

I hope he gets the boot, but this gets middling excitement and interest from me until we are tangibly closer to real action.

Can't shake the beaten down feeling that a month from now, we are just sitting around wondering how he keeps getting away with this stuff.

• Sad 1
  • Thumb up 3

I listened to Sheehan and the attorney guy (Neal?) was talking about this. I came away somewhat hopeful but really very concerned about the credibility of the source. As he is involved with the ongoing lawsuit against Snyder and he seemed to have only anecdotal evidence with no paperwork or corroboration from anyone else.

However, if someone else comes forward at some point with access to documentation there is no doubt that Snyder is likely gone.

It just seems that absent more witnesses/evidence the evil fiend may weasel his way out of this predicament yet again.

If there’s no evidence though, I feel for the heroic whistleblower because Snyder will surely sick his attorneys on him and sue him into bankruptcy just as a warning to others considering coming forward.

Itks Just so damn depressing all around.

This whole business really isn’t good for my mental health. I’m having serious medical issues and football used to be a healthy distraction from them but I’m pouring so much of my heart and soul into  Snyder leaving when I know I have absolutely no control over the outcome.

Maybe I’m just having a bad day and need to take a short break to find some balance.

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The reporter who wrote that Athletic story is going on 980 at 8:30.    That story definitely comes off more pessmistic than Perez.  Hopefully the direction that Perez's story seems to be headed is right. 

• Like 1

I know some of you think I'm a Snyder sympathizer (I'm not), but seriously....This is people throwing a bunch of S at the wall and hoping something sticks.

If Snyder did something illegal or truly improper; then get him out.    Otherwise, let's get ready to win some damn games in 2022.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Sounds like this Perez guy was chasing a story that is built like a house of cards.  He also seems to be really loving all the attention he’s getting for it.  I’d imagine this will be the end for him.

My enthusiasm went from a solid 3 to -10 with the Athletic story.

Started to get that feeling when he posted his phone number on twitter and then posted how much time he was on the phone...sounds like milking his 15-minutes of fame.

....the bull****ter saw his shadow, so we have 20 more years of Snyder...

11 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Sounds like this Perez guy was chasing a story that is built like a house of cards.  He also seems to be really loving all the attention he’s getting for it.  I’d imagine this will be the end for him.

My enthusiasm went from a solid 3 to -10 with the Athletic story.

What I think is unfortunate is it looks like there’s nothing there at all.  

Which means he stirred the pot for no particular purpose.  

Personally I’m fine with a story that advances Dan losing the team.  But just storing the pot for no reason just adds to the cycle of negativity which is pointless 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

What I think is unfortunate is it looks like there’s nothing there at all.  

Which means he stirred the pot for no particular purpose.  

Personally I’m fine with a story that advances Dan losing the team.  But just storing the pot for no reason just adds to the cycle of negativity which is pointless 

I don't know, I took it more like he was stirring the pot based on him wanting to believe his source is credible.  Of course he wanted fame for it, but now he's just the boy who cried wolf.

18 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Started to get that feeling when he posted his phone number on twitter and then posted how much time he was on the phone...sounds like milking his 15-minutes of fame.

....the bull****ter saw his shadow, so we have 20 more years of Snyder...

Yeah, I was a bit hesitant to get too excited the moment I saw who was reporting it, but you're right - he's really soaking in this 'look at me' moment, however fleeting it's going to be.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

Report: 24-year Washington Commanders employee testified to Congress about alleged financial improprieties

According to Daniel Kaplan of TheAthletic.com, an employee who spent 24 years working for the Commanders has testified before the U.S. House Committee on Oversight & Reform and “alleged financial malfeasance.” Jason Friedman gave the secret testimony, which as Kaplan writes “appeared to” spark multiple reports in recent days, including the bombshell contention that the team withheld payments from the ticket revenues that go into a league-wide visiting-team pool................

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611e604rhrwkzqz91854g

Edited by FrFan
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Maybe I’m just having a bad day and need to take a short break to find some balance.

I would recommend this approach. It's helped me as well. The back and forth is maddening, and I refuse to get overly excited about anything until I read confirmation somewhere that Snyder is out. Until then, I hope and pray for that moment, but I don't let it control me. I want my team back so, so badly. A team that's meant so much to me for so long. I want to be able to emotionally invest in that team again, no matter what they're called. It ain't happening with Snyder in the driver's seat. I've made peace with that (almost). I refuse to support him in any way, and as long as he's the owner here, the best I can hope for regarding this team is to root for specific players. And I don't even know if that's possible. I know that I hate the new name and consider this an expansion team now with no ties to the past. That makes it easier to step away. And wait. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

I would recommend this approach. It's helped me as well. The back and forth is maddening, and I refuse to get overly excited about anything until I read confirmation somewhere that Snyder is out.

Likewise, I generally stop reading any post that starts with "I think..." or "It possible..." or "Maybe..."

All of those phrases are euphemisms for "I'm talking out of my ass and nothing I say after said phrase has any real basis in reality"

Let me know when something actually happens.

3 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

All this is doing is making us look worse than we already are, even though there's nothing there.

Monty Python | GIFGlobe

Literally, the only thing that can be done to mask the stench of Danya, is for Ron to rally the troops and go win football games.

All this congressional hearing drama does nothing to make us 'look worse'.  Nobody outside of what's left of this fanbase has any level of respect whatsoever for this organization and hasn't for quite some time. 

This ticket office mumbo jumbo is actually the least startling issue about Dan's ownership.  Sure - if it was true, it would be the catalyst for getting the other owners to remove him.  But generally speaking, from a fan standpoint - all the other stuff Dan's done or overseen since he's been here is much, much worse than this.

My excitement level went from a 10 to a 2. I was hoping it was Schar or Bruce dropping the bombshell. It’s some dude represented by Lisa Banks who is the lawyer to most of the cheerleaders and women claiming harassment. Banks hs been giving interviews like crazy and you think she would have leaked some of this stuff beforehand if it was more credible and substantiated. 

Who is going to have the alternate books? The Redskins are audited by an outside  firm and will stand with those books. Unless someone has a paper trail this is going to go away. It was fun dreaming about a time without Dan as the owner. That’s something but probably as far as it’s going to go. 

• Thumb up 1

I'd just like to add that I still feel like the more people piling on the better, from now until whenever - even if it's not rooted in something that can be proven.  At some point, Dan has to break and determine it's no longer worth it.  

I won't get myself excited until something legit happens, but I'm all for the continued piling on until he can't take it anymore and cries 'uncle'.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

At some point, Dan has to break and determine it's no longer worth it. 

Does he though?  He can (and has) Insulate himself.  He still makes a ton of money.  If the team wins he’ll make more.  

I see no reason for him to break and determine it’s not worth it.  Or it would have happened already 

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'd just like to add that I still feel like the more people piling on the better, from now until whenever - even if it's not rooted in something that can be proven.  At some point, Dan has to break and determine it's no longer worth it.  

I won't get myself excited until something legit happens, but I'm all for the continued piling on until he can't take it anymore and cries 'uncle'.

The problem is, why would he ever cry uncle???  He makes so much money without giving a damn about this fan base.  He could literally say F.U. to all of us and be good because he's making 10 figure money.  

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Does he though?  He can (and has) Insulate himself.  He still makes a ton of money.  If the team wins he’ll make more.  

I see no reason for him to break and determine it’s not worth it.  Or it would have happened already 

No doubt, it’s not likely.  But if they don’t keep piling on there is zero chance.

I actually think the reason he won’t sell has less to do with his love of the team, or setting an example for their children as Tanya indicated and more to do with him having absolutely no identity or social life outside of this team, and worse - that the person he sells it to makes immediate improvements that he could never make.

Thats probably enough that he’ll never relent and choose to hold what’s left of us hostage until we leave this earth.  So let’s at least continue to give him hell in the meantime.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

If there’s no evidence though, I feel for the heroic whistleblower because Snyder will surely sick his attorneys on him and sue him into bankruptcy just as a warning to others considering coming forward.

<snip>

If there's no evidence because it didn't actually happen, which seems increasingly likely, then the "heroic whistleblower" is neither heroic nor a whistleblower and deserves whatever unpleasant attention Snyder's attorneys may visit upon him.