Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Some time ago didn't the NFL give The Danny a huge loan.  Before they get rid of Snyder then they will want to figure out how to recoup the loan money right?

So they have two money issues to address if this most recent allegation about holding back ticket revenue is true.  It was a huge mistake by the NFL to ever let

this guy become an owner of this franchise.  Its hard for the NFL to ever admit they are wrong about anything.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Some time ago didn't the NFL give The Danny a huge loan.  Before they get rid of Snyder then they will want to figure out how to recoup the loan money right?

So they have two money issues to address if this most recent allegation about holding back ticket revenue is true.  It was a huge mistake by the NFL to ever let

this guy become an owner of this franchise.  Its hard for the NFL to ever admit they are wrong about anything.

Maybe they'll take it back from whatever he generates from the sale of the team.  I hope they do.  Quite frankly, it pisses me off that someone like him would be forced to sell and reap the benefits of it.  It's like sending your kid to their room as a punishment when their room has a 4k TV, PS5, and a MacBook Pro.  Snyder has to sell but he's going to make a **** ton of money?  **** that noise, the NFL better take back whatever loan amount that was, plus the juice.  

I'm really curious to see the fallout from all of this, as I'm assuming we all are.  IMO, if Snyder is forced to sell or if he's removed, whatever...he will go scorched Earth on the NFL.  I'm sure he has dirt on other owners, league officials, etc.  A friend texted me earlier, "Maybe Snyder has mafia ties if he survives this," to which I replied, "The NFL is the mob."  

He is a petty, vindictive ****.  If all of this winds up being true and he somehow retains ownership, forget about it...it means he went to the other owners and Goodell and said, "Want to kick me out?  Try me.  Watch what I do."

I said it last night in regards to Bruce, the same theory applies here.  If Bruce is the leak (or if the ex-minority owners are, too, I don't think it really matters), he's got nothing to lose.  Bruce is finished in the NFL, no one's jumping at the chance to give him a job.  So he can shoot with both barrels here, go scorched earth and bring Danny down and we'd all like to pat him on the back for doing so.  Again, you don't **** with the people who know where your bodies are buried.

But the same would apply here, right?  I mean, Snyder has to know where the other 31 owners have buried their bodies.  Snyder has to know where the bodies are buried for Goodell, the other league officials and anyone who he perceives is against him.  

So is Snyder stealing from the league and/or keeping two separate sets of books worth it?  Do they really want to back him into this corner?  On the surface, they have to.  I mean, they really can't let him get away with it.  But below that, I believe there's a lot of consternation going on with the other owners and people in positions of power quickly tidying up their closets and making sure that any loose ends are tied up.  

• Like 2

I will repeat my theory/belief that when this all inevitably comes to a head, in order to get the “bad news” out the door and out of the league quickly and focus more on the positives of the franchise they have for sale, rather than the media proxy war the Snyders would try to wage—the NFL itself (as in the 31 other owners) will buy the franchise directly from Snyder and “the league” will steward it while they find the correct replacement owner and then reap an even larger profit from a second sale than Snyder will from the first sale. Because they’ll also take what he owes them, and the loan principle, out of their final offer for the franchise. 

It makes too much sense, makes everyone richer, and gets the ugly Snyder story out of the news as quickly as possible and pivots the story to being about who the next owner could be—because it won’t be Snyder directly selling to the new owner, it’s like public perception laundering. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 9
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

They'd have to figure out a way that it looks like it was Dans decision to walk away and Dan would have to look like the winner doing it.

This!

Give him a face saving out (never to be seen again), avoid litigation that he will lose, sell the team to a certain multi-billionaire for a record sum, and get the politically connected, newly annointed owner/savior of the renamed Washington RedWolves franchise busy constructing "Amazon Wolf's Den Stadium" located in the heart of Washington DC asap.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I would say Bruce more than minority owners. He was there day to day; so he knows everything.

Don’t know how much the minority owners would know about the day to day operations. 

Whatever dirt they got; they got from Bruce.

Too bad this story didn’t break during the owners meetings last week.

• Like 1

They need to give this little puke an easy out. It doesn't matter what he may know about the other 31 owners,  he lacks credibility,  and it will come off vindictive and petty. I seriously doubt that he really has any information that would hurt the other owners, think about it,  while they may all be s****y people lacking integrity, none are as stupid as Dan, they probably avoid him like the plague.  I hate that he will profit from all of this but give him an easy out and let him sail away in his mega yacht to hopefully be lost at sea and never heard from again

Listened to the reporter of that story just now on 106.7

He was told it happened multiple years but not sure the start date or end date

The evidence is beyond just a witness 

He thinks there will be a hearing on it

This could have some ripple effects including effecting the salary cap because it influences the NFL pool of money. Granted in a minor way but still does

If Congress changes as for party in power he thinks the whole congressional investigation goes away 

The double books is related to it 

The team behind the scenes is pushing back hard on everything including on this.  They are telling this reporter among others that the witnesses are wrong 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, actorguy1 said:

Anyone who frequents twitter should follow @byajperez to be among the first to read his next Snyder related article.

Perez is a legitamate reporter who apparently has a real source(s) with very intimate knowledge and understanding of the secret financial machinations in Ashburn.

Based on the bread crumbs he's been sprinkling  his next piece is either going to nail shut any lingering doubts about Snyder cheating his partners out of their fair share of ticket revenue or...

He has an even bigger story that's gonna blow things up for Danny like a hydrogen bomb.

One thing is for sure, he knows how litigous Snyder is and he's taking his time doing due diligeence and verifying EVERYTHING before publishing.

I can't wait to read it.

Until then I’m feeling like…

image.gif.f21adc61240bb6d7778a6872dde80079.gif

"This is the big one Elizabeth! I'm coming to join you honey."

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I would say Bruce more than minority owners. He was there day to day; so he knows everything.

Don’t know how much the minority owners would know about the day to day operations. 

Whatever dirt they got; they got from Bruce.

Too bad this story didn’t break during the owners meetings last week.

The minority owners would be up to date on the financial status of the team, their accounting, all of that. They were already monitoring and complaining about Dan's version of the team's alleged financial situation when the pandemic started. Since he was withholding payments to them due (supposedly) to how the pandemic was cutting into the revenue of teams league-wide, I imagine they had access to what they needed to see for themselves. A good accountant/banker could spot irregularities.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm really curious to see the fallout from all of this, as I'm assuming we all are.  IMO, if Snyder is forced to sell or if he's removed, whatever...he will go scorched Earth on the NFL.  I'm sure he has dirt on other owners, league officials, etc.  A friend texted me earlier, "Maybe Snyder has mafia ties if he survives this," to which I replied, "The NFL is the mob."  

He is a petty, vindictive ****.  If all of this winds up being true and he somehow retains ownership, forget about it...it means he went to the other owners and Goodell and said, "Want to kick me out?  Try me.  Watch what I do."

That's an argument I have a hard time believing. Really.

He would probably try it, I have no doubt about it, but I really doubt it would go anywhere he'd like it to be.

Even if everyone can believe those NFL owners aren't exactly saints, it still would be one man's word against 31 others. As I doubt he doesn't have much proof about whatever he may hold against them. After all, there's not much proof against Dan, it's kinda hard to believe he would have a book with all proof against them all.

At some point, he'll have to prove his claims, while dealing with his own legal troubles. And sending others under the bus won't save him either. So it doesn't seem as a viable option. And if we are to believe he has proof against them, we'll have to believe they do have against him as well. Which would definately worsen his case. His case being already huge and must be tough for wife and kids.

As always, things would be better for everyone if stuff remains behind closed doors.

Sell the team for 2 billions to the NFL, which would settle the loan and money "forgotten" at the same time. NDAs on both parts and wave Mr Snyder goodbye with hugs and smiles. Settle the situation with the Congress in a mutual agreement they would be able to reach then. 2 Billions straight is a lot of money for someone that is only rich because he owns the franchise but isn't that rich all by himself really.

Then NFL will be able to sell the team to anyone they want for more than 2 billions. Sounds like a Win-win to me for anyone that isn't that dumb. Not sure Dan falls in that category though.

41 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

The minority owners would be up to date on the financial status of the team, their accounting, all of that. They were already monitoring and complaining about Dan's version of the team's alleged financial situation when the pandemic started. Since he was withholding payments to them due (supposedly) to how the pandemic was cutting into the revenue of teams league-wide, I imagine they had access to what they needed to see for themselves. A good accountant/banker could spot irregularities.

Could part of the cooking of the books was to cheat the minority owners?

• Like 1

2 billion? Even if he sells to the league first for stewardship, I’d bet Snyder gets closer to 6 billion. We won’t know how much of that ends up back in the other owners’ pockets to repay debt, of course. 

I wonder if the league would even have to report how much they paid him if they bought the team first. Whenever it’s sold to it’s new owner, that will of course be reported. But I wonder, if the 31 other owners buy Snyder out and then resell, if we’d ever know how much he got. 

55 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I’ll take a guess this followed on from the salary cap penalty incident. Some form of **** you to the league.

Sounds like we’ll be getting another penalty soon. Good job we don’t bother utilising cap space these days :ols:

The whole 2013 salary cap collusion deal is what has always kept me from getting my hopes up that Snyder would be ousted.

8 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Could part of the cooking of the books was to cheat the minority owners?

This whole rift started when Dan was too cheap to pay Schar and Fred Smith their cut because of the covid excuse. Schar came after Dan hard and was ultimately banned from ever owning a team or part of a team again. Schar is also really good friends with Gibbs and he setup Gibbs return to coaching. 

If Dan had cut a check to his partners as he was supposed to do and paid Bruce what he was owed, we would still be the Redskins and would be business as usual. Dan is such a cheap and spiteful jerk that he brought all of this on himself. He’s such a moron.

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 1