Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

That feels like a big deal. 

At some point Washington is going to be the NFL equivalent of a controversial cable news show with no brand name sponsors. They will have sponsorships for some health supplements and pillows and nothing else. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ntotoro said:

Losing a local sponsor, too:

“Medliminal a medical billing compliance company centered in Manassas, Virginia, announced in an email they will not be renewing their sponsorship pact for this upcoming season”.

More big news: Depends, the official adult diaper of the Washington Football Commanders, has withdrawn their sponsorship of the team effective immediately.

They will no longer be selling Commanders branded Depends either at FedEx Field during games or in the team stores.

They're also cancelling the 22nd annual charity event the "Three Legged Depends Dash for Cash,"  scheduled for July 4th on the mall.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

16 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I came here to judge the reaction after seeing this news. I do believe this is significant but is it a league problem or just a Washington problem?  The way to get change is for league sponsors to tell the NFL they are leaving and why.  But this is still big news.  

Just because WE haven't heard anything doesn't mean that Goodell and the league weren't specifically told what A. Busch was planning to do and why.

In fact, my guess is that not only was the league consulted but they advised A. Busch on how and when to do this so that it had the least effect on the shield.

Hence the late Friday announcement, given without elaboration, during the first week of free agency.

I think this is just the first major shoe to quietly drop. There will be more and they will get louder as momentum is attained.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

The lack of responses here to this AB news I think is telling. A month ago we saw a lot more activity in this thread.  This entire story continue to fall off the radar, even here.  

It’s exhausting, coming here day after day hoping the next piece of news will be the one that finally triggers his being pushed out only to have Lucy pull the ball away time and time again. So people want to take a break, and indulge in some discussion about shiny new toys in free agency or perspective draft picks, but we all know in the back of our minds that this franchise is not going anywhere until he is gone. Only so much flailing away we can do at the tiny sliver of hope that exists, but I wouldn’t be so fast to judge the importance of the news based on the number of responses. For me, anything that even slightly nudges him out the door is much more important then news about a particular player or position, it’s just not as fun to talk about because after it all we are still no better off than we’ve been for the last 20 years.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

The lack of responses here to this AB news I think is telling. A month ago we saw a lot more activity in this thread.  This entire story continue to fall off the radar, even here.  

It's over. The Dallas payout to the cheerleaders, the Jerry Jones paternity hush money scandal and Deshuan Watson signing pretty much ended any momentum for anything. They took over the news. It's done.

53 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

When the second allegation of sexual harassment came out the NFL said they would handle this investigation not Snyder. 

So? They can sweep it under the rug better, and more competently, than Snyder. Nothing is going to happen.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 3/19/2022 at 3:41 PM, Darrell Green Fan said:

I came here to judge the reaction after seeing this news. I do believe this is significant but is it a league problem or just a Washington problem?  The way to get change is for league sponsors to tell the NFL they are leaving and why.  But this is still big news.  

F 'em. Sell beer from local breweries. 

• Thumb down 1

On 3/19/2022 at 3:41 PM, Darrell Green Fan said:

The league (read commish) may turn on Snyder when it’s no longer a Snyder problem.  Anheiser Bush is a whale.  No one wants to lose that money 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

The league (read commish) may turn on Snyder when it’s no longer a Snyder problem.  Anheiser Bush is a whale.  No one wants to lose that money 

AB just ended relationship with Commanders not the league or other teams it has a relationship with.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

11 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

AB just ended relationship with Commanders not the league or other teams it has a relationship with.

It still matters...and is the only other beer company really going to step in and sponsor the team? 

Miller: "Oh, you don't support the Commanders because their owner is a sexual predator? That's OK, we will do it." The optics are bad. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

The NFL has revenue sharing. It's how all the smaller markets can compete. And Washington used to be a major contributor. So AB backing away from Washington hurts the league. Not as bad as if it was league wide, but it does hurt. And not just monetarily, there is a bigger image issue. 

May still not move the needle in terms of removing Snyder. But it is not insignificant either. 

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

The NFL has revenue sharing. It's how all the smaller markets can compete. And Washington used to be a major contributor. So AB backing away from Washington hurts the league. Not as bad as if it was league wide, but it does hurt. And not just monetarily, there is a bigger image issue. 

May still not move the needle in terms of removing Snyder. But it is not insignificant either. 

True, it is just a drop in the ocean...but drops of water can eventually wear down mountains. (Sorry, I thought I was the Buddha there for a second...)

But it IS significant for one reason: AB is pulling out of a deal with the Washington Commanders, not the old we-had-a-toxic-culture-but-we're-really-sorry-and-have-now-fixed-it-by-putting-my-wife-Tanya-in-charge Washington Redskins/WFT. Snyder and his cronies can't repeat the lie that it was done because of their old culture before the re-brand...AB's withdrawal as a sponsor was done in SPITE of the re-brand.

• Like 1