Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

9 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Exactly. I voted yes in the first question, so what would the appropriate answer then be for the 2nd question? Doesn’t make sense….

You’re right, there’s an option for “I’m a sucker and already answered yes to question 1” missing on the 2nd question! 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

On 2/26/2022 at 4:25 PM, goskins10 said:

With all due respect - and I do respect you as a poster - I am 100% aware of what it means, It means that by that persons view of things, a view that I see as very narrow. The original comment was that Doug's entire post career he has been a moron. If his entire post career was a few public relations gaffs with Washington- and yes this latest one is a bad look, I agree and I said that before - then that may be a semi-accurate statement. But his time in the Redskins FO is only a small part of his post playing career - a post playing career that includes 2 successful stints at Grambling and he did at least a decent job at Tampa. Those are 100% public. Nothing hidden. And he has spoken in front of the camera before both before and with Washington and done jsut fine even though that's not really hi job. So are we to ignore all those and jsut focus on the mistakes? 

I then gave some additional information about his personal relationships with players at all levels and how impactful he has been for decades and 100s and 100s of young men. I can provide proof I was there and talked with Doug and about 20 of the 30 or so players and coaches who when they found out I was a Washington fan could not say enough about how much Doug meant to them, without me prodding them. And Tony traveled to the event with Doug and even as key speaker spent 5 minutes talking about what Doug meant to young men playing football from HS to college and in the NFL. But fair enough you can choose to ignore it as I could just be making it up. Doesn't make it false.

Point being his entire post playing career does not consist of a few public speaking mistakes in Washington. So that original statement was completely false and still is. 

23 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Actually, "by all accounts" means there haven't been any accounts that say otherwise. Clearly that's not true, at all.

You're thinking of "to my knowledge".

That's my bad for my poor grasp on the language and having some blinders on with regards to Williams and the good he's done. When I posted that a few days ago, I was still pretty irked by his hypocrisy and the double-standard he seems to have when it comes to his tolerance levels with the Skins vs. other places. But very good points made, and it's clear that he's done plenty of good...just a disappointing stance that he's taking (or not taking) and I wish there was a little more background or explanation as to the inconsistency. 

• Like 1

There are a couple of caveats to this pool...poll...sorry, easy mistake to make.

1. The stadium isn't in ****ing Quantico.

2. It isn't a bunch of asshole Eagles/Giants/Cowboys fans. Part of this is dependent on Commander fans showing up--but sitting amongst a bunch of opposing fans is annoying (Caps and Nats fans know this all too well).

3. Part of this is NFL-wide, but the amount of drunken idiots is on the rise. We see videos of people getting into arguments, fist fights, beer throwing. Hard pass on that. I want to go enjoy the game (why going to a Nats game will always beat going to an NFL game.)

I answered yes, but it's going to take a bit more than just Snyder to get me back in a stadium for the first time since 2008.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

There are a couple of caveats to this pool...poll...sorry, easy mistake to make.

1. The stadium isn't in ****ing Quantico.

2. It isn't a bunch of asshole Eagles/Giants/Cowboys fans. Part of this is dependent on Commander fans showing up--but sitting amongst a bunch of opposing fans is annoying (Caps and Nats fans know this all too well).

3. Part of this is NFL-wide, but the amount of drunken idiots is on the rise. We see videos of people getting into arguments, fist fights, beer throwing. Hard pass on that. I want to go enjoy the game (why going to a Nats game will always beat going to an NFL game.)

I answered yes, but it's going to take a bit more than just Snyder to get me back in a stadium for the first time since 2008.

I will go to be a home game as soon as Dan is gone, if that happens.  I want to show my support for getting him gone. 

if I keep going will depend on the new ownership.  I will say I will not take as long to cut them off.  I gave Dan the benifit of the doubt for too long in retrospect.  It’s been 10 yrs since I have gone to a home game.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I will go to be a home game as soon as Dan is gone, if that happens.  I want to show my support for getting him gone. 

if I keep going will depend on the new ownership.  I will say I will not take as long to cut them off.  I gave Dan the benifit of the doubt for too long in retrospect.  It’s been 10 yrs since I have gone to a home game.  

Maybe we need another poll?

How often do you go to games? STH, Yearly, 1-5, 5-10, 10-15, more than 15, never?

• Like 1

I've lived in the DC area for almost 30 years and have attended only a handful of games (and only once before Snyder bought the Skins), so I'm probably not the best person to answer. Nevertheless, there isn't even a remote chance that I'll attend another game while Snyder owns the team. And that's even if he gets a palace on the RFK site and manages not to screw it up.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I can't find any of the old tweets from Congress who is part of the committee. I want to tell them that all their talk means nothing. The NFL and Snyder is punking them by refusing to release the report and they do is issue idle threats without any subpoenas.  They do appear to be grandstanding and I'd like to tell them that.