Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

58 minutes ago, tshile said:

Elon musk 😂 

It doesn’t matter cause snyder isn’t gone nor is it even remotely sure he will be, but good lord you all are gluten’s for punishment 😆 

Yeah, but just think of the possibilities.

If we sign a FA that doesn't work out, Elon can literally just blast his ass into the cosmos, never to be seen again. If that's not enough motivation to perform, then I don't know what is.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Elon musk 😂 

It doesn’t matter cause snyder isn’t gone nor is it even remotely sure he will be, but good lord you all are gluten’s for punishment 😆 

Laugh all you want. Thats what people have been doing to Elon for decades. While he completely dominates his competition. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dyst said:

It does feel a little like “things will keep leaking every few months” if you don’t remove him.

Agreed. Saw a couple things that said expect stall tactics etc until November to see if congress changes hands and it gets dropped. I disagree. Its very clear NFL is over this mess. I highly doubt NFL wants this going that long especially considering the pressure is picking up not letting up. The NFL does not want the pressure to keep getting ramped up and to continue being a distraction. I would be surprised if we dont have some sort of answer one way or another long before then.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Bezos could literally find some spare change in his couch cushions and build a state of the art commercial complex with it.

28 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Elon can literally just blast his ass into the cosmos, never to be seen again.

the-princess-bride-inigo-montoya.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

11 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Agreed. Saw a couple things that said expect stall tactics etc until November to see if congress changes hands and it gets dropped. I disagree. Its very clear NFL is over this mess. I highly doubt NFL wants this going that long especially considering the pressure is picking up not letting up. The NFL does not want the pressure to keep getting ramped up and to continue being a distraction. I would be surprised if we dont have some sort of answer one way or another long before then.

They are trying to figure out easiest way to get rid of him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

They are trying to figure out easiest way to get rid of him.

I agree. I think right now they are ramping up public pressure to try to get him to sell on his own without having to force him to sell. However I highly doubt he sells voluntarily. Obviously could be very wrong but I would be shocked. NFL is going to do everything in its power to avoid having to go with the nuclear option of forcing him out via vote. Unfortunately I think thats what its going to end up having to come to. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

47 minutes ago, fullnelson9999 said:

Actually it was Mike McDaniel who was on those coaching staffs.  O'Connell didn't come until after.

I think he was just referring to the fact that all 4 of those guys were on our staffs at one point.

All 4 were argued by many to be bright new up and comers who we should try to retain. 

All 4 left and are now head coaches, 3 with great success already and one yet to be determined. 

If this happens quickly I would think a new owner would absolutely consider a name change since "Commanders" is not exactly entrenched here.  Could go back to Football Team or use it as a placeholder while they do their own rebranding.

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

Also, just think about how incredible Prime Stadium, home of the Washington (insert possible name change here, after Bezos scrubs this org clean from Snyder), would be.

Bezos could literally find some spare change in his couch cushions and build a state of the art commercial complex with it.

Bezos would be crazy but I highly doubt that except he does own the Washington Post now Mr Burns GIF

3 minutes ago, kwitt said:

If this happens quickly I would think a new owner would absolutely consider a name change since "Commanders" is not exactly entrenched here.  Could go back to Football Team or use it as a placeholder while they do their own rebranding.

Here's hoping.

Maybe they'd be in tune with the fanbase enough to go after a name, oh, I don't know, that THE FANBASE ACTUALLY LIKES.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I think he was just referring to the fact that all 4 of those guys were on our staffs at one point.

All 4 were argued by many to be bright new up and comers who we should try to retain. 

All 4 left and are now head coaches, 3 with great success already and one yet to be determined. 

I get that, but O'Connell is still the odd man out in that list.  He wasn't on those coaching staffs.  Mike McDaniel was, and if anything it makes the situation even worse.

Edited by fullnelson9999

16 minutes ago, kwitt said:

IF it does happen... there's likely a buyer already lined up... and if there's a buyer lined up then I bet they already have a strong idea of the identity they want their team to be. And if they have their ideas set then I'd say it would be a SHORT (not a 2 year sham process) turnaround on a new name... (they 100% could use WFT if they needed to though)

1 hour ago, slinky said:

IF it does happen... there's likely a buyer already lined up... and if there's a buyer lined up then I bet they already have a strong idea of the identity they want their team to be. And if they have their ideas set then I'd say it would be a SHORT (not a 2 year sham process) turnaround on a new name... (they 100% could use WFT if they needed to though)

I think the buyer [ Bezos] has been known for the last two years. He wanted the name changed before he paid for the team. The name has been changed, DC has said they want the stadium, and now the heat is being turned up exactly one day after name change.

Synder can fight but one way or another he will be out.  It's not right but someone much bigger and more powerful then him wants this team and he will get it. Kinda of a pay back for Snyder.

I don't like how this is playing out but to get rid of Snyder and be able to go to Amazon field in downtown DC I will look the other way.

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Thanks 1