Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

14 hours ago, DiscoBob said:

If the end of the tunnel is a Snyderless fairy tale, then I'm in...

The impeccable Snyder record...

✓ Six flags 

✓ Johnny Rockets

✓ Red Zebra Broadcasting

✓ Redsk...err... Commanders

Probably missing 2-3 others

Tech boom. I had reached the point in life where I had a little bit of extra money to invest for the first time. I picked up two stocks, snyder communications (SNC) and circle.com (CIRC), which was an offshoot of SNC and supposedly also owned by Snyder. Why not, Snyder had just bought the redskins in his 30s, he must be a financial genius! So anyway, SNC tanked and CIRC just went down to zero and completely disappeared. Picked up about a dozen other stocks at the same time, all of them took off, until the crash.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Elon would be the dream owner IMO. The guy hires the best and does nothing but succeed while letting his people do their jobs. I dont think he has any interest in sports at all though.  I dont really care who it is at this point. As long as Dan is gone. 

Yeah I'm in the same boat. All this talk about who will be the new owner is so premature. But literally anyone would be a better owner.  

• Like 2

Congressional deadline for Washington Commanders is today

"Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton (D- DC) called the testimony heard so far "informative" and "helpful."

"I can tell you when people are refusing to hand over documents in their possession, it tells us they have something to hide," said Del. Norton.

Delegate Norton said if the organization doesn’t comply with sending all documents, the Committee will force the issue.

"Our oversight committee is a committee of the congress. And we do have subpoena power," said Norton. "I don’t think we should have to use that. But we will get these documents one way or the other."

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

2 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

Plus, he'd be getting billions. So there's that. 

As mentioned earlier, getting out the other minority partners to a single ownership group/family makes selling much easier. Dan also gets the benefit that the shares of the minority groups were worth much less than is part of a whole share sale. Dan has to know the league may want him out and as such they did him a huge favor by increasing value to those minority shares that are now his/family's. I know he's a scorched earth type of guy, but the boatload of extra money he'd receive may (not completely optimistic about this statement) keep him quiet. The fact the league is forcing people like Brian or Jason on him, has to be a clue to Dan.

One of my favorite creative screen names on this forum belongs to the poster: BatteredFanSyndrome.

The reason I like it is because it’s humorous without being purely funny, it’s mocking in tone without being parody and most of all— it is brutally true.

As fans, many of us have been beaten down by our tragic unrequited love, for this team. So much so over the years that when we’re finally presented with a real circumstance that could lead to the miracle we all desire we’re afraid to fully embrace it, lest it be just another soul crushing disappointment.

We are a battered fan base, victims of institutional “learned helplessness” and a self defeating mindset. If this attitude stands we are nothing more than powerless victims of circumstance left to accept our inevitable defeat.

But it doesn’t have to be this way.

This can be our moment to stand alone together, believe in the positive outcome we desire and make it happen.

Thoughts are things. We manifest into this world our dominant impressions and beliefs.

A unity of spirit is a positive force that will not be denied.

I still believe in the dream and I will see it come true.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

Elon would be the dream owner IMO. The guy hires the best and does nothing but succeed while letting his people do their jobs. I dont think he has any interest in sports at all though.  I dont really care who it is at this point. As long as Dan is gone. 

If Elon bought the team he'd relocate it to Mars. Talk about homefield advantage...

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Guy is mad clearly. I'd rather have Homer Simpson.

Anyway, I'm more focused on getting Dan out before discussing the new owner.

That's like the other thread about rebranding talking about this or that name and ended up with Commanders right now.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

rick snider usually doesn’t talk like this 

No he doesnt. Rick is usually very measured, level-headed, and pretty fair in what he puts out. The rest of the local media has been very pessimistic regarding the whole thing but this is second time in last week that Rick has said something like this which leads me to believe that there is a real shot of this happening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

rick snider usually doesn’t talk like this 

A small clip from that Rick snider article. 

so Dan Snyder would still have input rather than a 100 percent decease order.

All I have to say is if this order is given, please please let me be the one to give it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zim489 said:

Anyone who would think Bezos would let this team be bad is crazy. He would fight tooth and nail to not let himself fail 

Also, just think about how incredible Prime Stadium, home of the Washington (insert possible name change here, after Bezos scrubs this org clean from Snyder), would be.

Bezos could literally find some spare change in his couch cushions and build a state of the art commercial complex with it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Yeah, with Elon he has a 0% interest in owning a sports team.  Hes busy focused on what he sees as the few core concerns to the human race, and his business obsession with making money is purely to fund a mars mission,  Anything that doesnt push towards that hes not interested in wasting any time and resources on.  

• Like 1