Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

3 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Thank for the reference. I do think you may have misunderstood the previous rule which was my suspicion. The previous rule was that you could not own a different sports franchise (and it was limited to baseball, basketball and hockey) in a different market. They even give an example. However, yo were always allowed to own a another major sports team in your own market. 

From the article you provided: 

"But it was acceptable to the NFL that, say, the late Paul Allen owned both the Seattle Seahawks and Portland Trail Blazers, because those teams are in what the NFL considers to be the same market."

So the rule only applied to owning a NFL team in one market then owning a baseball team in another market that had an NFL team owned by someone else. So even before the 2018 rule change you could own different sports team as long as there were in the same market. The new rulle addressed the following: 

"It’s why, for instance, Rams owner Stan Kroenke had to put the Denver Nuggets and Colorado Avalanche in a family trust rather than run those franchises himself. The NFL didn’t want him going head to head with Denver Broncos owner Pat Bowlen in that city, elbowing each other for the loyalty of fans."

I do find it ironic that they just forced him to put the team in trust,. noit sell them. Does anyone relaly believe those trusts have zero ties back to the real owner? 🙂 

As for Ted Leonsis, I have no real opinion except that i would literally take anyone but Snyder. Yea, Ted has been a POS before but he does seem to have learned his lesson. But if it gets rid of dan snyder I am very much willing to take the chance. 

ANY Wizards fan will tell you that Leonsis is the worst.  Dude kept the hybrid of Vinny Cerrato & Bruce Allen (Ernie Grunfeld) in power for 12 years!  He's super cheap (routinely sells 2nd round picks for pure cash), and will never tank (the only viable strategy in the NBA).  Basically, the Wizards are stuck purgatory due to Ted.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Well it was also my mistake for trusting the first thing that popped up on google which happened to be Wikipedia though I had heard it before somewhere else and can’t for the life of me remember where might have been on the radio

27C134EF-9DDA-482E-99D9-9BBD53A15778.png

That quote says owners are forbidden from owning any other professional football teams.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mhd24 said:

ANY Wizards fan will tell you that Leonsis is the worst.  Dude kept the hybrid of Vinny Cerrato & Bruce Allen (Ernie Grunfeld) in power for 12 years!  He's super cheap (routinely sells 2nd round picks for pure cash), and will never tank (the only viable strategy in the NBA).  Basically, the Wizards are stuck purgatory due to Ted.

I lived in Washington while he was owner. I know who he is. And I don't care. I would gladly take my chances of him not being as bad as ****ing dan snyder. snyder is not just a bad owner he is bad human being. So yea, ted may be a **** stain of an owner but I would still take my chances over the complete and total disgrace as a human being that dan snyder is. 

And before anyone goes there, that does not mean I "want" ted or i am advocating for him. I am strictly responding to the him or dan snyder option. If ted is the only option to move snyder on then I would gladly take my chances. I have to think though that there are many other people who want the team that would be a better choice. Maybe anyone else would be better. 

But from a strictly dan or ted basis I am taking my chances with ted. 

More importently I was more responding to the comment that NFL owners could not be owners of other sports franchises in thier own city. They can but that does not mean I am advocating for ted. Just making sure i knew what the rules are. 

10 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

You’re right I’m an idiot and mis read it while dealing with my mother in law please disregard anything I say going forward 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

No worries. It happens. Not saying I even want ted. I do not. I just wanted to make sure I had not missed something in terms of the rules. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

I lived in Washington while he was owner. I know who he is. And I don't care. I would gladly take my chances of him not being as bad as ****ing dan snyder. snyder is not just a bad owner he is bad human being. So yea, ted may be a **** stain of an owner but I would still take my chances over the complete and total disgrace as a human being that dan snyder is. 

And before anyone goes there, that does not mean I "want" ted or i am advocating for him. I am strictly responding to the him or dan snyder option. If ted is the only option to move snyder on then I would gladly take my chances. I have to think though that there are many other people who want the team that would be a better choice. Maybe anyone else would be better. 

But from a strictly dan or ted basis I am taking my chances with ted. 

More impotently I was more responding to the comment that NFL owners could not be owners of other sports franchises in thier own city. They can but that does not mean I am advocating for ted. Just making sure i knew what the rules are. 

No worries. It happens. Not saying I even want ted. I do not. I just wanted to make sure I had not missed something in terms of the rules. 

I will say the biggest criticism of Ted with the wiz is his main goal is to simply make the playoffs every year and the mediocre gm thing. Now for us making the playoffs every year would be a huge upgrade and we might luck into making a run or 2. Biggest difference is anything can happen in a one game playoff in the NFL where less talented teams can get hot and go on a run. That doesn’t typically happen in hockey or basketball with their best of 7 so simply just being good enough to make the playoffs isn’t good enough.

This is truly the only team related story line that matters for me.  

If he’s in, I’m out.

If he’s out, I’m in.

That simple.

I can stomach endless losing and a terrible name and rebrand for the rest of my life.  I can’t in good conscious support anything that Snyder has his hooves on.  

And there’s no replacement team, it’s just a void. So I’m really, really hoping they can nail this rat **** piece of ****.

Edited by 86 Snyder
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 6

9 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

That's still a year to go through. That's a long time.

And lots can happen during this.

That's kinda like saying the HC should run out the clock after scoring a FG in the 1stQ...

I have a feeling we could find a post like this in at least one game thread. 

4 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

And there’s no replacement team, it’s just a void. So I’m really, really hoping they can nail this rat **** piece of ****.

I literally sat down one day and tried to think if I could switch allegiance.    Couldn't do it.   Born 10 minutes south of Baltimore, am an orioles fan and the ravens don't even move the needle.   But it's also such a struggle to root for a team synder owns. 

Seriously, **** this owner.   

Edited by CommDownMan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CommDownMan said:

I have a feeling we could find a post like this in at least one game thread. 

I literally sat down one day and tried to think if I could switch allegiance.    Couldn't do it.   Born 10 minutes south of Baltimore, am an orioles fan and the ravens don't even move the needle.   But it's also such a struggle to root for a team synder owns. 

Seriously, **** this owner.   

My first nfl team was the Redskins. I will always love and root for the Redskins. Or whatever bs name they choose. 

I went to Towson and interned with the Ravens and met many of the players including some of their greats. I like both teams today.

It's funny though, I spend wayyyy much more time in this forum than the Ravens one. I really want this team to succeed. I think we're close. I believe in 99 and think Jamin makes a jump this year outside. Whether it's Corral, Strong or Trubisky at QB, I believe Washington wins the division next year. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, duffy said:

My first nfl team was the Redskins. I will always love and root for the Redskins. Or whatever bs name they choose. 

I went to Towson and interned with the Ravens and met many of the players including some of their greats. I like both teams today.

It's funny though, I spend wayyyy much more time in this forum than the Ravens one. I really want this team to succeed. I think we're close. I believe in 99 and think Jamin makes a jump this year outside. Whether it's Corral, Strong or Trubisky at QB, I believe Washington wins the division next year. 

We aren’t winning the division this year. Maybe a wild card spot and quick exit.

Dallas will sweep them again. Probably split with Philly and if the Giants show improvement; split with them.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Dallas will sweep them again. Probably split with Philly and if the Giants show improvement; split with them.

Will they? Philly barely beat our COVID crushed 6th stringers, winning both games by a total of 14 pts. We almost beat Dallas here with backups. The Giants are still the LOLGiants until proven otherwise.

We weren't the Jaguars, Lions, or Jets. Give this team even relative health and a QB and lets see what happens.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Will they? Philly barely beat our COVID crushed 6th stringers, winning both games by a total of 14 pts. We almost beat Dallas here with backups. The Giants are still the LOLGiants until proven otherwise.

We weren't the Jaguars, Lions, or Jets. Give this team even relative health and a QB and lets see what happens.

Well not to mention Dallas has like 21 free agents including a bunch of starters and over the cap. There’s already talk of them moving on from cooper and Lawrence and could potentially lose Gregory and Michael Gallup among others as well. This was Dallas’ year to make a run and they lost in the first round. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, profusion said:

I've never understood how Ted can be such a good owner of the Caps and such a bad owner of the Wiz.

Undoubtedly a better human being than Dan, but that's a low bar!

To be fair, the Caps never had Ernie Grunfeld. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, profusion said:

I've never understood how Ted can be such a good owner of the Caps and such a bad owner of the Wiz.

Ovie and Backstrom have been an amazing duo that has likely hid many levels of issues.   To have those 2 and only 1 cup may suggest he lucked into some of that "good owner".  

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Dick Patrick is his right hand man. The Patricks are hockey Royalty dating back to the 1890s

• Like 2

He had a once-in-a-generation player and had the lotto gods smile upon him.  Ted is AWFUL.  The Wizards will never win under his ownership.  For example, this upcoming draft has 4 potential studs at the top.  The Wiz need to lose as much as possible to get as good lottery odds as possible while Ted is focussed on his never tank philosophy.  It's idiotic.

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Until schefter/rapoport/the NFL confirms that’s what will happen, i wont believe it. But I hope it ends up happening 

Florio is reporting that there are atleast some owners thinking he should be forced to sell if that’s the case it sounds like someone actually told him that and it’s not just speculation 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Florio is reporting that there are atleast some owners thinking he should be forced to sell if that’s the case it sounds like someone actually told him that and it’s not just speculation 

Never said it was speculation, just that until the league reports it’s officially happening, i wont get too excited. That’s all