Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

18 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

So Thom Loverro is saying the league threw Dan under the bus by saying they have the agreement to jointly agreeing to the report. Saying if the documents aren’t presented by the 14th go after Dan 

Not thinking that's the case:

Then came an alleged shell game. A magic trick. A subterfuge. The league, according to the February 4 letter to Goodell, withdrew from the Common Interest Agreement after Congress began its investigation in October 2021. Per the league, its withdrawal from the agreement has resulted in both the league and the team claiming that they can’t access or release documents to the Committee without the consent of the other party.

10 minutes ago, Spidurfiji said:

So based on the ESPN article I just read, it appears the League and team have completed a brilliant, at least short term stall of the release of any documentation.  Please note, Im not saying I find it acceptable behavior and in long run it could make things worse for the two parties. 

Per the article, the team and League did agree to the mutual protection agreement. The NFL essentially withdrew from the agreement when Congress began snooping, thereby losing legal access to the investigation documents. The League says, we cant release because we no longer have the documents, and Snyder says I cant nor will I release client/ attorney privileged documents because I dont have the league’s approval.  So sort of a legal limbo. 

Espn article expands stating a league limbo situation has been created. The nfl contends they have legally lost access to investigation documents and snyder can say he cant release because the league cant approve.  

Yep...I posted the same thing up above. I'm now thinking we will definitely end up with a new owner (so will a few other teams lol)...this is wild.

Edited by Califan007

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

And wow...

The Common Interest Agreement shows that the investigation was not an independent exercise aimed at smoking out and putting a stop to wrongdoing, no matter the consequences. It was purely a legal maneuver, aimed at allowing the team and the league to create the impression that Wilkinson was turning over rocks and chasing leads while at all times securing full control over how she handled what she found, in the name of managing potential liability.

By its own terms, the Common Interest Agreement provides that Wilkinson would “conduct an independent investigation into allegations lodged against [the Commanders] of hostile workplace culture, including but not limited to, allegations of sexual harassment and bullying . . . and to provide legal advice and guidance in connection with the Investigation.” (Emphasis added.) Thus, Wilkinson was never hired to investigate the situation with the goal of creating a report that would be disseminated publicly, like Ted Wells’s Deflategate opus. She was hired to gauge the extent of the mess and to help the league and the team clean it up.

The hell you say!

omg-mr-bean-faints.gif

• Like 1

Absolute sleazeball stuff.  Created a legal limbo to hide the documents and investigation.  If they have gone to this effort, seeing the absolutely backlash and hatred they are getting right now, how bad must that report be for them to willingly suffer this?

Theres a nuclear bomb, maybe multiple, in that report and they are petrified of it getting released, to the point of risking almost everything.  This is why I have a major problem with anyone at this point continuing to put any money in Dan Snyders pocket.  Theres a point you have to stand up and have a conscience, and put fellow humans above the desires of your billionaire.  That point was long ago, but some are still continuing to prop him up with BS such as "I can divorce the destruction of everything good and abuse of women, and lies, cheating, etc from helping Dan Snyder be richer".

Edited by Peregrine
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Yep...I posted the same thing up above. I'm now thinking we will definitely end up with a new owner (so will a few other teams lol)...this is wild.

Why do you think that.  I've read a bunch of this today and think nothing is going to happen.  

10 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Then came an alleged shell game. A magic trick. A subterfuge. The league, according to the February 4 letter to Goodell, withdrew from the Common Interest Agreement after Congress began its investigation in October 2021. Per the league, its withdrawal from the agreement has resulted in both the league and the team claiming that they can’t access or release documents to the Committee without the consent of the other party.

This does not make sense.  The CIA was set up so that BOTH the NFL AND Snyder have to waive the privilege in order for it to be effectively waived.  It doesn't make sense for EITHER party to say they can't release the documents because the other side has to do it first.  The NFL just needs to say either (1) we no longer hold the privilege or (2) we waive the privilege.  Then it's all on Snyder, who will never waive it.  

This isn't "legal limbo."  This is all very straightforward and they are just lying about their refusal to release the report. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Not thinking that's the case:

I totally fd up my response in my post.  Lol. I have more issues posting on this site and Im a pretty smart dude. Or apparently maybe not. 

I believe the league and team think they can ride this out. Sadly, and I dont mean this as a knock on the victims at all, but the best time for action was through legal proceedings and that time has passed.

Snyder has denied the new accusation about the dinner and limo. I dont think that accusation alone is enough to push the other owners to action especially if they have their own skeletons. At this time he has plausible deniability that he ordered the videos. I believe we need more serious incidents revealed to make it a bridge too far for the other owners. I believe Danny Boy will try bring them all down with him if they take action. 

And please do not think I support Snyder or any of the asshats that committed the behavior or did nothing to stop it. I just think he still has too much cover.  He’s ruined our team and damaged the lives of many women.    

• Like 1

Lol, anybody want to remind the committee that Congress' official position is that attorney client privilege is recognized at the discretion of the committee?

Have the NFL and the team submit a privilege log, order an in camera review by an independent master, and if the review comes back with more than 10% as legitimate claim of privilege that hasn't already been waived by disclosure to third parties, then maybe, just maybe  the committee could entertain allowing the farce of the CIA and mutual privilege to continue.

3 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Why would they? I don't think they're going to help Congress to punish themselves at this point.

Goodell must go!!

The next commish will just also do what the owners want, this isn’t about Goodell specifically. The entire job description is to be the stooge of 32 billionaires and take the heat. The league isn’t what it was  when Tags was the commish, and the NFL owners are an order of magnitude more rich and powerful these days. 

• Like 1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/04/amid-claims-of-lies-and-deceit-by-roger-goodell-nfl-says-it-will-review-and-respond-to-new-letter-from-congress/

"Goodell acted like the Wilkinson investigation was the former. In reality, it was the latter. Arguably, this is the single worst example of chicanery in which the league office has engaged over the last 20 years — and there have been plenty of them."

This is what happens when people try to cover things up...the coverup is worse than the crime. Just ask Richard Nixon.

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Why do you think that.  I've read a bunch of this today and think nothing is going to happen.  

Let's put it this way: back in spring of 2020 I was absolutely certain that the name would not be changed, regardless of the societal climate in the wake of the George Floyd death and protests and the civil war statues coming down. I'm feeling differently now lol...

• Thumb up 1

Kevin Sheehan makes a Big deal about our front office being dumb and arrogant.

Listened to his podcast today...newsflash bud:

Having a shared segment about sexual harassment and pin up girls: Dumb

Acknowledging it, laughing about it being inappropriate, then continuing on for another 10 min:  Arrogant 

1 hour ago, Spidurfiji said:

Snyder has denied the new accusation about the dinner and limo. I dont think that accusation alone is enough to push the other owners to action especially if they have their own skeletons. At this time he has plausible deniability that he ordered the videos. I believe we need more serious incidents revealed to make it a bridge too far for the other owners. I believe Danny Boy will try bring them all down with him if they take action.

Didn't one of Dan's lawyers admit he stopped Snyder from giving that woman a lift in his limo?...I don't recall when he may have said it (or how), I read it here I think or on twitter during the roundtable. If so, that would be direct proof that what she claimed did indeed happen.