Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

It's over. We'll see what, if anything comes of it. But my early read is unless the national media picks back up and runs with it, there's likely nothing to come. The NFL might just tell Dan to lay low for a bit and wait for the storm to pass.

Yeah, I see nothing coming of this.   Considering what people tolerate in real life outside the NFL; I don't see much happening with this.

The only way is there to be a groundswell against the NFL and I don't see that happening. 

2 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

The NFL still won't release the report. But maybe they could get Congress off their back if they forced Snyder out, since it's pretty clear from the hearing that Snyder was fully aware and a participant in creating the toxic culture.

It could get Congress off their backs, but Congress is a bit impotent to doing anything right now. They can threaten tax exempt status, but nobody really expects that they could. To the NFL, they'd probably view agreeing to Congress' pressure as weakening themselves. I don't see it happening. NFL is going to clam up, let Super Bowl week do its thing, and quietly move on.

That's gonna be a lot on the NFL's plate.

They already have Gruden, Flores, and now Dan is directly accused of sexual harassment. The NFL will have to pick its battle and decide where to lose, and where to win because I don't see how they could win it all at the same time.

Also, what's interesting here is what Tanya will do. Is she aware of this or not? If she's not, it'll probably be electric at Snyder's home the upcoming days. What if she asks for divorce? That alone would force Dan to sell the team, and since she's been officially co-owner Dan would have trouble proving it's his team and only his. So she'll make lots of money, Dan loves to mkes NDA, I would bet they do have a wedding contract.

They've managed to get Richardson out, the Washington Times and Washington Post are already on it, and you can expect the Post to not leave it at that, they love to hammer Dan's head anytime they can.

Basically, those allegations being out tells everyone that NFL covered for Dan. That Goodell did. So if the newspaper keeps on hammering it, owners will have to kick Dan out to protect themselves from more backlash. As I've said, they'll protect him as long as it doesn't splash on them. That's when they'll turn their back on him.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Here is the problem with the NFL forcing Snyder out: He will sue, sue, sue until he's blue in the face and you know he has dirt. He will use every weapon available to hold on to this team. The NFL knows that. He will not go quietly, and will bring everyone down with him that he's able...

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

One upside for what we saw today is I think that and last night's podcasts opens up new plot lines for the WP to do round 2.

And it might not be the same old, same old as the first round.  The weakness of the first round was it was a peripheral shot at Dan.  They got some angles now that are much more directly aimed at Dan.   

Goodell has to be a target though at the same time for brushing this aside.  Ditto the fellow owners.  It has to encompass that idea behind the tweet below

Recalling the last conversation I heard from a WP reporter on the topic, they were on Sheehan's show, they suggested they were exploring some new angles including the NFL's complicity in keeping this locked up.

IMO the NFL and fellow owners have to take some heat on this for there to be any chance for anything to happen.

From my own profession, I've noticed at times investigative reporters if they are good could actually be even better at that game as far as pulling info than government bodies/law enforcement.

I get the idea of it feels better to have no hope so you don't get let down but personally I thnk there is a fighting chance here.  It likely takes time but I don't see this as mission impossible.

In the plotline now we got hookers, the team pimping cheerleaders more or less, the videotape, Dan supposedly ogling cheerleaders with his binoculars, putting his hand on an employee, witness a case of harassment and laughing at it and a case that happened on an airplane after the country awards that required a 1.6 million dollar settlement. 

One of the local reporters forgetting which one said months back that they know there are more stories, the question is will these women be willing to talk about it?  Some have talked obviously but from what's been said, not all of them.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Here is the problem with the NFL forcing Snyder out: He will sue, sue, sue until he's blue in the face and you know he has dirt. He will use every weapon available to hold on to this team. The NFL knows that. He will not go quietly, and will bring everyone down with him that he's able...

Richardson could have done the same, but didn't. I'm sure the other 30 owners wouldn't take too kindly...blackmail goes both ways.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

This is exactly why they didn't force him out and make the report public. This is why, to my utter amazement, they haven't done so simply so that Jeff Bezos could inherit the team. The perfect storm was last summer. Nothing happened, because Dan has a massive amount of dirt.

As someone else said, I think the only thing that would push the team to sell is if Tanya Snyder filed for divorce and threw the whole franchise into the Court system. And even then Dan might fight tooth and nail to keep the team, using the dirt he has, to get Goodell and the other owners to let him become 100% owner and buy out Tanya.

31 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I dont see this as being much different than Jerry Richardson in Carolina.  They got him out.  Now, officially, he sold the team voluntarily, but the pressure basically forced him out.  I can only imagine the behind the scenes machinations and discussions that went on. 

Similar, but Richardson also made racist remarks towards a scout (think it was a scout).  And he most likely sold the team because he had a heart transplant back in 2016 and is old and didn't want to deal with the stress of fighting for his ownership.  

Snyder is the youngest owner (tied with 2 others) at age 55.  He's not going to fold on this, even after the name change, investigation, etc.  It most likely is going to take hard evidence for anything to be done, talking like a video or audio recording.  And if that existed, I think it would have already come out by now.  

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I don't get the feeling that he has much dirt on anyone else. He's that kid in class that thinks he hangs out with the cool kids because he sits in the back row with them, but every weekend he is by himself at home while the cool kids have parties they didn't invite him to. I just don't buy that he has an upper hand in anything. Everything about his stewardship of this team points to him being clueless and inept. 

Edited by Florgon79
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

This is why they need to have something criminal against him and not just a mountain of misogynistic comments. If they can prove something that's criminal, him threatening to sue for being ousted won't carry much weight. If they can't find or prove something like that, he'll survive all this. 

26 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Also, what's interesting here is what Tanya will do. Is she aware of this or not? If she's not, it'll probably be electric at Snyder's home the upcoming days. What if she asks for divorce?

She'll run  off with the Terry mannequin lol...

Seriously, though...I wouldn't be surprised if she were like Skyler White and already knows about whatever transgressions are on Dan's resume.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

As someone else said, I think the only thing that would push the team to sell is if Tanya Snyder filed for divorce and threw the whole franchise into the Court system. And even then Dan might fight tooth and nail to keep the team, using the dirt he has, to get Goodell and the other owners to let him become 100% owner and buy out Tanya.

He probably would, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the other owners side with Tanya here.

There would be no better opportunity to silence the critics by removing a sexual harrasser and replacing him with a woman.

5 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

She'll run  off with the Terry mannequin lol...

Seriously, though...I wouldn't be surprised if she were like Skyler White and already knows about whatever transgressions are on Dan's resume.

I wouldn't be much surprised as well to be honest.

Though, I don't see Tanya Snyder as a woman that could endure such kind of things publicly for a long time.

FWIW, I had to google Skyler White as I had no ****ing idea who she was lol!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Seriously, though...I wouldn't be surprised if she were like Skyler White and already knows about whatever transgressions are on Dan's resume

Snyder introduced her as his "co-ceo" and something else yesterday and didn't even acknowledge her being his wife. They don't exactly appear to have a "warm" relationship. Has anyone captured them smiling at each other? I'm not putting my $$ into a divorce because I think she knew a long time ago who and what Dan was.

Which also makes the entire fallout from last summer so disingenuous. She was "devastated" and "couldn't believe" the things that had happened behind closed doors. Right.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Florgon79 said:

If congress wants to make an impact in the NFL they should look into the Flores situation. I think this investigation is dead in the water and has been since the league swept it under the rug. 

36 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

That's gonna be a lot on the NFL's plate.

They already have Gruden, Flores, and now Dan is directly accused of sexual harassment. The NFL will have to pick its battle and decide where to lose, and where to win because I don't see how they could win it all at the same time.

Flores' accusation that Dolphins owner Steve Ross offered to pay him $100,000 per game to tank the season has been echoed by former Browns head coach Hue Jackson, who has accused Browns owner Jimmy Haslam of essentially the same thing.

Hue Jackson accuses Cleveland Browns of incentivizing losing during 2016, '17 football seasons (espn.com)

It's one thing for idiot fans to want teams to tank to get a slot or two higher in the draft, but for team owners to pay coaches to do it is an outrageous assault on the very integrity of the sport.  I hope Flores and Jackson have proof, because they are accusing Ross and Haslam of acts that by any measure should get them removed as NFL owners.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

41 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

They managed to get Richardson out, the Washington Times and Washington Post are already on it, and you can expect the Post to not leave it at that, they love to hammer Dan's head anytime they can.

Y'all keep making it sound like Richardson didn't choose to sell the team instead of staying put during the investigation and fighting to keep his team through legal means (if needed) which would probably been detrimental to his health (which was already bad). 

Snyder already took an L with having to change the name, then the investigation, etc.  No way he caves and sells the team unless there is hard evidence proving the allegations.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Snyder introduced her as his "co-ceo" and something else yesterday and didn't even acknowledge her being his wife. They don't exactly appear to have a "warm" relationship. Has anyone captured them smiling at each other? I'm not putting my $$ into a divorce because I think she knew a long time ago who and what Dan was.

Which also makes the entire fallout from last summer so disingenuous. She was "devastated" and "couldn't believe" the things that had happened behind closed doors. Right.

I'm sure something will come out saying Tanya worked hard to try and smear the victims. It's sad when evil men are aided by their wives.