Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

2 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

So now it becomes clear that the cheerleaders settled and signed NDAs about the videos. That absolutely sucks. As Melanie Coburn says, that could be/probably is a crime. Should've been pursued fully. Was probably the best chance they had to get Snyder out. 

What's the penality for breaking the NDA? 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I am half listening to this while working, did I hear right that Dan hosted a party with hookers or were they referring to something else?

Yes

• Like 1

Really like Mr. Donalds who just spoke.

Really don't like all the bickering between the two sides of the isle but obviously its par for the course in government.  

Bottom line - report should be made public.  Dan's head should be put up on a spike for all to see.  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Idaho fan said:

Bottom line - report should be made public.  Dan's head should be put up on a spike for all to see.  :)

Should. Yes.

But Snyder knows where skeletons are buried. Probably far beyond what we know. Owners like Snyder are empowered by similar behavior that they observe upon their induction into the Boys Club (most likely and allegedly). They get the courage to do those things because they see others do them. 

The NFL won’t throw Snyder under the bus. Not unless Goodell is replaced with someone forward moving (like our new white jerseys!) that wants to reset status quo. 

Goodell may actually be the biggest domino. Followed by who actually replaces him.

The fact they are even broaching going after the tax exempt status may be enough to get something rolling. That is literally, the only thing owners really care about. 

It would be the most Snyder thing ever to screw up a team so bad that the NFL would lose that exemption. It's pure poetry. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GoSkinsGo said:

The fact they are even broaching going after the tax exempt status may be enough to get something rolling. That is literally, the only thing owners really care about. 

It would be the most Snyder thing ever to screw up a team so bad that the NFL would lose that exemption. It's pure poetry. 

Problem is, I don't think anyone thinks there would be enough votes to actually make anything happen.

Frankly, I'm watching this and monitoring Twitter. There's shockingly little buzz or discussion out there about this. I'm not sure what can happen after this roundtable that will really move anything forward. Maybe some media pick up and run with it today but there's barely a peep except for a couple of local beat guys following along.

Although this just came through from ADBrandt

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Problem is, I don't think anyone thinks there would be enough votes to actually make anything happen.

Likely not, but it's the idea that it is even up for discussion. If by some weird action it even came up for a vote the other major leagues would lose their collective ****. The amount of pressure that would be applied from other billionaires would be immense and have some huge ripple effects into the NFL. 

Tax exempt status is the golden goose for the major sports leagues, no other other league can be happy that it was even mentioned. 

--Edit--

I will say, I fully expect nothing to happen with this. I'm just hoping for some type of change at the top. 

Edited by GoSkinsGo

Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

It's over. We'll see what, if anything comes of it. But my early read is unless the national media picks back up and runs with it, there's likely nothing to come. The NFL might just tell Dan to lay low for a bit and wait for the storm to pass.

That's basically what they did last year. Snyder came out on ground hog day, saw his shadow, and now he will go back into a hole. 

Just now, Florgon79 said:

That's basically what they did last year. Snyder came out on ground hog day, saw his shadow, and now he will go back into a hole. 

I know there's personal relationships and nuance to the situation inside the current organization, but I'm really surprised principaled people like RIvera, Jason Wright, Julie Donaldson, etc. can all keep working for the Snyders and be cool with it. You can't really use the "if we leave nobody will be in place to stop this from happening again" BS because that proves the point that the person at the top needs to go, period.

• Like 2

Ends with some weak sauce, unfortunately...thinking businesses across the country take their cues from the NFL as to how they treat their employees...come on now lol. And that the committee (or whatever they are) demand that the NFL do better lol...

In the past I was sexually harassed at work by female bosses and coworkers in ways that make most of what these women said seem tame by comparison. But the reason I didn't complain or file charges was 1) sexual harassment back then wasn't really too much of a thing you paid attention to, and 2) I'm a guy...I don't feel threatened or too uncomfortable, I knew I could just roll my eyes and keep going. I wasn't held back due to it or anything. When I heard these women talking about the environment they had to endure while with the organization, it pisses me off but I also relate to working in that type of environment but with it not having any real effect on me even though it was daily. So I find myself reversing the genders from my own personal experiences and it freaks me out, gotta be honest. It's easier to just let stuff slide when you're a male.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 4

Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I know there's personal relationships and nuance to the situation inside the current organization, but I'm really surprised principaled people like RIvera, Jason Wright, Julie Donaldson, etc. can all keep working for the Snyders and be cool with it. You can't really use the "if we leave nobody will be in place to stop this from happening again" BS because that proves the point that the person at the top needs to go, period.

I think it's all the more reason for the NFL to install a CEO and not let anyone with the last name Snyder actually run anything. Own the team, Be in the building, but not be able to provide any direction whatsoever. Lock them up in the owners box for all I care but never let them reveal a new uniform or speak on behalf of the team ever again. 

Unfortunately, I don't see much coming of this. I can't recall the last time a Congressional hearing did anything about how a professional sport is run, especially when it comes to impacting the commissioner of the sport or one of its owners. If there was a solid case, this would be in the courts instead of trying to have politicians rattle the cage.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Unless there's a groundswell against the NFL; nothing will come of this.  Since the NFL knows there will be different people running things next year; they will just stonewall things until the the change occurs. They know, the next congress will drop this.

It's pretty damning what these woman are testifying too but we know the NFL doesn't care.

I dont see this as being much different than Jerry Richardson in Carolina.  They got him out.  Now, officially, he sold the team voluntarily, but the pressure basically forced him out.  I can only imagine the behind the scenes machinations and discussions that went on. 

The only thing that was really new and noteworthy was the sexual assault charge from Tiffani (forget her last name). That's what people will run with if anything, and that seems like a pretty big deal. However, the extent of what happened seems to be Snyder touching her thigh and pushing her toward his limo then letting her go. Is that enough to get something to happen? I don't know. 

Was glad to see one of the congressman talk about the video needing to be found and pursued more, too. 

The stories these women shared were awful, but the cold truth is that almost all of them are easy for the team to say, "We changed that, we fired the people responsible, we are not that way anymore, so change has happened" line. You heard some of those congressmen use that line themselves today. Without incidents that directly tie back to Snyder himself in a criminal way, nothing more will likely happen. 

I hope those women especially aren't too devastated by what happened today. While they got a lot of support, it was terrible seeing them being told that basically their stories were trivial compared to other world issues, same things happen to many others, nothing will happen as a result of this committee, etc.