Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

I was just about to post the same. Yeah this could be interesting.  I'd much rather have Schoen.

5 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I may be wrong in this, but wasn’t Rick Smith heavily linked with us 12-18 months ago. I think there was some insider chatter on that. maybe not.

Dan courted him before he switched gears and chased Rivera.  So ties to Dan not so much Rivera from what I recall. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rapoport saying this is actually scary. I have absolutely no idea why we would want to to go after Hurney. The Panthers' roster sucks, they gave Teddy Bridgewater a ridiculous contract and they are slated to get a top-5 pick this year. Why would we be interested in someone who ran that franchise recently?

7 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Rapoport saying this is actually scary. I have absolutely no idea why we would want to to go after Hurney. The Panthers' roster sucks, they gave Teddy Bridgewater a ridiculous contract and they are slated to get a top-5 pick this year. Why would we be interested in someone who ran that franchise recently?

What if they hired Hurney in part to mentor Kyle Smith on the more Adminstrative parts of the job?  Hurney’s probably pretty close to retirement.  It sounds like Ron felt he had to jump in on a lot of admin issues this year. 

Edited by Andre The Giant

lets see how this plays out - Bold Move Cotton | Meme Generator

Personally, I think they're looking for an administrator type of person on the football ops side to pair with Kyle because for whatever reason, Ron doesn't think he has that experience yet.  Which I wouldn't hate.  

If they hire Hurney, I bet he works for Rivera.  Not Dan, and certainly Ron wouldn't work for him.  

I'm not as enamored with Kyle Smith as others on the board.  I like him, and think he's done a good job.  I think last off-season they did a great job, especially in FA.  Though the question would be, was that more Ron or Kyle?  If Ron thinks that was more him, then I could see them adding a GM, but keeping Kyle in place, at least for now.

I do not see a scenario where Kyle is fired.  I could see a scenario he leaves for a GM job.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

What if they hired Hurney in part to mentor Kyle Smith on the more Adminstrative parts of the job?  Hurney’s probably pretty close to retirement.  It sounds like Ron felt he had to jump in on a lot of admin issues this year. 

I thought about something like this but how realistic is it? You would have to almost guarantee Kyle Smith to promote him to make that relationship work and have him not consider other options in the meantime. Also it could potentially be a messy situation with unclear accountability once again. If you want to go down that road because you trust Kyle Smith why not promote him to GM and then give him someone to work the administrative side.

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Personally, I think they're looking for an administrator type of person on the football ops side to pair with Kyle because for whatever reason, Ron doesn't think he has that experience yet.  Which I wouldn't hate.  

If they hire Hurney, I bet he works for Rivera.  Not Dan, and certainly Ron wouldn't work for him.  

I'm not as enamored with Kyle Smith as others on the board.  I like him, and think he's done a good job.  I think last off-season they did a great job, especially in FA.  Though the question would be, was that more Ron or Kyle?  If Ron thinks that was more him, then I could see them adding a GM, but keeping Kyle in place, at least for now.

I do not see a scenario where Kyle is fired.  I could see a scenario he leaves for a GM job.  

Wasn't this the first offseason where Kyle was also in charge of the FA market (together with Ron)? I thought the years before Alex Santos and Richard Mann III were the people in charge there.

4 minutes ago, method man said:

If they want Hurney, can they just give him an EVP of Football Ops title and Kyle the GM title? At least, another team can’t poach Kyle then?

Yeah from what I've read about Hurney, am not that opposed to him especially if doesn't involve him heading personnel.