Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

24 minutes ago, dyst said:

As others have said, maybe this is why the minority owners want to sell their shares of the team.

If it was just the name I could understand advertisers threatening or pulling out but for minority owners to want to sell their shares in a team you would think it would have to be something greater than just the name.

If it’s the cheerleader story then we know part of it but does this  mnow involve some sort of trafficking or forced assault.

The continued use of the word culture ever since Ron took over, the minority owners wanting to sell their stake in the team and the sudden name change situation lleads you to believe this could in fact be something major.

My theory on that is that if the Loverro tweet is true. The Minority owners first tried to take over. When that failed, they went for the sponsorship being pulled and trying to sell their stake route. If you wanted out so bad, why would you want to buy the thing unless it can tied to Dan.

• Like 1

Article posted today that has a collection of the cryptic tweets.

https://primetimesportstalk.com/2020/07/15/drama-is-brewing-in-washington-and-its-more-than-a-name-change/

Its gotta be bad. These guys have been in the business a while and haven’t seen them act like this before. It can’t be the usual drama.

Edit: Even profootballtalk just released an article on the eerie buzz around dc media. This might be big.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/15/buzz-grows-of-a-looming-report-about-the-washington-franchise/

Edited by Rogue Jedi

17 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

My theory on that is that if the Loverro tweet is true. The Minority owners first tried to take over. When that failed, they went for the sponsorship being pulled and trying to sell their stake route. If you wanted out so bad, why would you want to buy the thing unless it can tied to Dan.

I'm thinking more and more this is the focus. This is not getting talked about, at all, and this is a huge deal. How often do minority owners want out of a cash cow like the NFL?

• Like 1

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

I'm thinking more and more this is the focus. This is not getting talked about, at all, and this is a huge deal. How often do minority owners want out of a cash cow like the NFL?

Exactly. It's basically owning a money machine thanks to the profit sharing. I think it was in reaction to their failed takeover attempt and using that leverage as a sponsor (FedEx) to cause more trouble. Now, maybe as minority ownership, they have inside info on this story coming out and that's how it finally GOT out. But, if they knew before and didn't do anything. I don't want them owning the team either way now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

It's eerie that nothing has leaked so far, that just doesn't happen these days. 

There has to be something legal involved and something really, really bad. The way the media these days doesn’t look before leaping... even when it costs them over $250m after the fact... this has to be something bad. I could very well be wrong about this being something we’ve already heard before.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

The longer this isn't told, the worse we think it'll get.

Did Mann/Santos setup the sex trafficking part of the massage parlor that Robert Kraft frequented when he wanted prostitutes?

By the end of the day, the rumor will be that Santos and Mann were the prostitutes.

Hopefully this article is out by tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

There has to be something legal involved and something really, really bad. The way the media these days doesn’t look before leaping... even when it costs them over $250m after the fact... this has to be something bad. I could very well be wrong about this being something we’ve already heard before.

The media loves to rehash what a POS Snyder is--it's feels good to bash that complete soulless douche. But I think this is new and crushing. If it's nothing, I am going to be really "sad and disappointed"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

its definitely not about someones health, if that were the case the only thing sad and disgusting would be how the media has been teasing it for 3 days.

put me in the camp of feeling this has something to do with new information on the cheerleader scandal, and most likely ties to Santos and mann somehow. 

I guess we'll see soon enough but if this is a truly disturbing report and not just a nothingburger, between the name change and a massive scandal the team wont need to announce that fans cant attend home games this year, it will happen organically. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, redskinss said:

its definitely not about someones health, if that were the case the only thing sad and disgusting would be how the media has been teasing it for 3 days.

put me in the camp of feeling this has something to do with new information on the cheerleader scandal, and most likely ties to Santos and mann somehow. 

I guess we'll see soon enough but if this is a truly disturbing report and not just a nothingburger, between the name change and a massive scandal the team wont need to announce that fans cant attend home games this year, it will happen organically. 

I think we have a winner! This may very well be the case, just a hunch.

23 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

This is probably the most excitement we'll get from the 2020 season, so might as well enjoy it.

Yeah at the very least the media is doing a good job building up the suspense.  Feels like some sort of warped build up to game day.

Obviously, we are hoping for a story that isn't that ugly.  but I think most of us would gladly take the repercussion of it -- if it lead to Dan's ouster somehow albeit I figure if that was in play that would be part of the leak. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

All this crap is going on and Dan Snyder is just sitting in his yacht somewhere. It actually really irritates me that Ron Rivera is going to have to answer for all this that's about to get revealed when he had absolutely nothing to do with any of it. 

I guarantee that he's regretting taking this gig.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

All this crap is going on and Dan Snyder is just sitting in his yacht somewhere. It actually really irritates me that Ron Rivera is going to have to answer for all this that's about to get revealed when he had absolutely nothing to do with any of it. 

That should be an indictment of his incompetence. Whether he’s directly involved or not it shows he has no ability of owning a major sports franchise with competency, if the news will be as bad as they’re saying.

Edited by Rogue Jedi
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

"Sad and disappointing", not disgusting lol...

that definitely changes things a little,  but I could have sworn I read disgusting a few places.

I coulda just read it that way in my mind.

either way reporters should never tease the hell out of a story relating to someone else health under any circumstances. 

Consider me skeptical.  The hype machine on whatever this is is out of control.   Like Sheehan said this morning, it seems poised to be a letdown. Like it'll be unpleasant, but we'll get over it. The insider tweets are making it seem like it's so bad that one should cease to associate with the team. 

2 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Many didn't like Jay as a coach.  I was OK with Jay albeit didn't love him.   I think though we have to give him props on one count which is he handled almost all the crap himself publicly.  And he was quick on his feet.  Bruce was mostly chicken and the rare times he engaged he often would flub it with a misstatement. Vinny before that at least was willing to face the music but he didn't always come off that swift.  Dan on the other hand hides.   So like I was saying the other day, Dan reminds me in some ways of Steinbrenner but Steinbrenner at least had the guts to talk.  And I get Dan doesn't like the media in part because of the coverage he gets.  But heck Steinbrenner got skewered plenty by the media and he didn't cower. 

• Like 1