Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

A) The judge is one of those people that even when the uproar is over something minor or explainable, the response/explanation just makes it worse

B ) the guy who instructs the jury to not pay attention to the media, clearly is reading it constantly. 

C) dude for the tumbler all you had to say is you’ve been doing it for 20 years and sorry if people don’t like it but it’s his call and he doesn’t believe there’s anything wrong or that it allows for tainting the process. 

you’re not a good story teller

stop trying to tell stories. 

6 hours ago, Destino said:

How does a man that manages to shove his entire foot in his mouth every time he tries to explain anything at all, become a judge?  Shouldn’t being able to speak without making others cringe be a prerequisite for the position?  

I believe he has run unopposed in his elections since his appointment in the mid 80s.

I’m going to go ahead and guess that all the flaunting over and obvious not guilty verdict (Just saw an article that Gaetz said he’d hire rittenhouse to work on his staff after the not guilty verdict) that he’s going to be found guilty and get a bit sentence. 

just feels like the world works that way. 

I wouldn’t be counting my chickens before they hatched if I was the defendant. 

As much as we’ve argued over self defense, it’s quite possible 12 people who live in Wisconsin decide they won’t tolerate someone out of state coming in to play little toy soldier in their streets and murder people. 

Also. It sounds like the judge has OK’d the jury looking at a video from the FBI drone that, for whatever reason, is not the same video originally provided to the defense and entered into evidence during trial, but is a much clearer video. The original video was more grainy. 

I have a problem with that. The defense is supposed to get to see the evidence that will be entered. They didn’t get to see this. Furthermore you’re now letting the jury look at evidence that wasn’t in the trial. Feels wrong. And like an obvious case for appeal if there is a conviction. 

this case is jacked up from start to finish so it’s not like I want to die on this hill, but geez if that doesnt feel super inappropriate … I’m having a hard time thinking of what circumstances would justify that as OK. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, tshile said:

I’m going to go ahead and guess that all the flaunting over and obvious not guilty verdict (Just saw an article that Gaetz said he’d hire rittenhouse to work on his staff after the not guilty verdict) that he’s going to be found guilty and get a bit sentence. 

just feels like the world works that way. 

I wouldn’t be counting my chickens before they hatched if I was the defendant. 

As much as we’ve argued over self defense, it’s quite possible 12 people who live in Wisconsin decide they won’t tolerate someone out of state coming in to play little toy soldier in their streets and murder people. 

Kyle could introduce Gaetz to his female friends.  Win win.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

He has been found guilty of something.  It would not take this long otherwise.

I don’t know if that’s true, which is why they asked to see the drone footage again. I’m actually glad it’s taking this long because there is a valid argument for both sides regardless of the footage and testimonies. The life of someone shouldn’t be deliberated by 12 strangers in a quick period of time. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

Im not as certain as you are about what this means, but this does mean there is disagreement between jurors on this.  How that’s resolved is a mystery.  

I’ve maintained from the start that the first shooting is a question mark.  There’s a grainy video suggesting he might have provoked it.  He was also the only victim who was entirely unarmed.  Perhaps the jurors are unconvinced of a self defense argument there.  

8 minutes ago, Destino said:

Im not as certain as you are about what this means, but this does mean there is disagreement between jurors on this.  How that’s resolved is a mystery.  

I’ve maintained from the start that the first shooting is a question mark.  There’s a grainy video suggesting he might have provoked it.  He was also the only victim who was entirely unarmed.  Perhaps the jurors are unconvinced of a self defense argument there.  

Also, considering it’s 5 different charges and it has to be unanimous, I can see this lasting through the week.

1 hour ago, redskins59 said:

I believe our resident lawyers have told us to never try to glean anything out of how long the jury is talking or what they request. 

@PartyPosse

and they are allowed to consider lesser charges I believe?

I also agree it’s a good thing they take a while. 

even if it ultimately ends as a hung jury it’s good to know that they at least took it seriously. 

But deadlocked/hung wouldn’t surprise me in the least on this one. 

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

even if it ultimately ends as a hung jury it’s good to know that they at least took it seriously. 

But deadlocked/hung wouldn’t surprise me in the least on this on

Yeah. I just can’t see how any of these charges could be unanimous one way or another. I don’t know what the time limit is.

7 hours ago, tshile said:

But deadlocked/hung wouldn’t surprise me in the least on this one. 

We can't get society to agree on whether getting vaccinated against a contagious disease that's killing 1,000 people a day is a good idea. 

Or, heck, on whether the Civil War was about slavery. 

Heck, we've got a whole bunch of people actually pretending to believe that slavery was good for the slaves. 

If this group can come to a unanimous decision about Subway or KFC, then they're more bipartisan than a lot of folks. 

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1