Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

18 minutes ago, KAOSkins said:

Wonder if the next "riots" are going to be open season.

I hope none happen because of this. I don’t see the point but I guess I’m not the type that does. 

8 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Well. Hide your kids, hide your wife.

I’ve never been more ashamed, and relieved to be white.

That’s a loaded ass statement damn (not trying to shame just, damn)

Edited by Llevron

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

I hope none happen because of this. I don’t see the point but I guess I’m not the type that does. 

Well the point is obviously you’ll get arrested and charged at riots if you do anything, unless you kill people and then you’re basically allowed to do what you want.

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

That’s a loaded ass statement damn (not trying to shame just, damn)

How so? Do you honestly think it would be the same outcome if he wasn't white?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

Well the point is obviously you’ll get arrested and charged at riots if you do anything, unless you kill people and then you’re basically allowed to do what you want.

Naw I get that. I wasn’t clear. I was saying I don’t see the point in rioting over this verdict. To me it was obvious the moment he turned himself in what was going to happen. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

More like when he was allowed to turn himself in. 

After a good night's sleep at home.

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Naw I get that. I wasn’t clear. I was saying I don’t see the point in rioting over this verdict. To me it was obvious the moment he turned himself in what was going to happen. 

Because I'm a believer in anarchism at this point. The system is so broken on every level, not only by the fact that he didn't go to jail but that half the country is rejoicing in his verdict. Everytime something like this happens it makes me wonder why I don't move back to Canada.

• Like 1

The only precedent being sent is that it’s not cut and dry the just because you put yourself in a dangerous spot doesn’t mean you forfeit your right to self defense. 

which btw isn’t really a precedent because that’s what the Zimmerman case hinged on too. 

and I’m sure that wasn’t a precedent either. 

lots of silliness being said in the wake of the verdict. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I understand your sentiment.  It's troubling that the expected outcome here was "of course the white kid that crossed state lines with an AR and then killed multiple people is going to get off."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tshile said:

The only precedent being sent is that it’s not cut and dry the just because you put yourself in a dangerous spot doesn’t mean you forfeit your right to self defense. 

which btw isn’t really a precedent because that’s what the Zimmerman case hinged on too. 

and I’m sure that wasn’t a precedent either. 

lots of silliness being said in the wake of the verdict. 

Every instance like this sets a new precedence. Don't be naive.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Every instance like this sets a new precedence. Don't be naive

Hey - if you’re gonna start throwing around things like naive, you’re gonna have to first stop being one of the “I don’t know any of the facts but formed my opinion and now want to tell everyone about it” people 

also you may want to look up the definition of the word precedent 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Kyle's actions are actually the product of this verdict. The criminal system is a joke so may as well take justice into your own hands. All this does is give everyone carte blanche to arm themselves to the teeth, shoot first and cry later.

Only if you're white.

If Kyle were black or middle eastern he'd have been gunned down by po po in seconds.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I expect the next protest will probably turn  violent. You will see the maga/gop people   Come to protests with their guns and it is inevitable that blood will be shed.

meh. They’ve been violent for a while. This one was just one of many violent protests/riots. 

the #freekyle people are there to egg everyone else on. Rub it in their face. I’m expecting it to be a wild weekend in Kenosha. 

id prefer to be surprised but I’m guessing it’s gonna get wild

1 minute ago, tshile said:

Hey - if you’re gonna start throwing around things like naive, you’re gonna have to first stop being one of the “I don’t know any of the facts but formed my opinion and now want to tell everyone about it” people 

also you may want to look up the definition of the word precedent 

Lol way to erroneously paraphrase everything I said. Also, find another example of a minor crossing state lines, getting a semi-auto weapon, bringing it to an already emotionally heightened public protest killing people, allowed to go home to sleep in his own bed, and then acquitted citing self-defense?

Like I said, every instance like this brings something new and thus offers another "loophole".

• Like 1

the #freekyle streams went online basically immediately….. so…. They’re obviously amped up for it. 

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Lol way to erroneously paraphrase everything I said. Also, find another example of a minor crossing state lines, getting a semi-auto weapon, bringing it to an already emotionally heightened public protest killing people, allowed to go home to sleep in his own bed, and then acquitted citing self-defense?

Yeah I just don’t think you understand the idea of precedent and self defense.

which is fine it’s not like you’re here for discussion, you’re just blowing your opinion all over the place and then declaring it doesn’t matter what your grasp of the facts are cause you’re not the legal system and you just like got your own opinion, man. 

Edited by tshile

20 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

After a good night's sleep at home.

A Kenosha police officer testified Friday he ignored Kyle Rittenhouse’s attempts to surrender because he believed there was still an active shooter situation and the teen didn’t behave as people typically do when they’re giving themselves up.

• Thumb up 1