Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

12 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I'm pretty damn white and I will absolutely devour almost any sort of soul food that I can get my hands on. Except pig's feet. That one I simply have never been able to get.

Chitlins?

Chitlins, haggis, eel ice cream, rocky mountain oysters, no thanks. People all over the world eat some weird things. Like a scorpion in a lollipop kinda weird.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, clietas said:

Chitlins?

Chitlins, haggis, eel ice cream, rocky mountain oysters, no thanks. People all over the world eat some weird things. Like a scorpion in a lollipop kinda weird.

Ok yeah I can't really say I mess with chitlins either, but it's not necessarily because they taste bad when cooked well, it's more just knowing what it is. But on the "number of dishes I can't deal with" spectrum, soul food is pretty low on the list when compared to foods from some other regions, countries, or ethnicities. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Seems as though it was misidentified by someone. I don't think Wallace ever saw it, so he must have gotten bad info. 

There was a twitter thread I saw earlier today that showed exactly where the confusion was. It showed a picture from the same garage in November 2019 of a rope with a loop on the end to help pull down the garage. Definitely a huge misunderstanding which is good news.

Edited by BigDibbs31

i'm watching coverage of the trump rally and was disappointed to see so many---very many---say 10-20 year old---white yutes supporting such an oldschool racist admin...then i felt a little better when i was was reminded it was being held at a rightwinmg megachruch and that population had been heavily recruited by the god-fearing clergy and trump campaigners  to attend...so i was glad becuase it helps explain all the young happy noisy white faces 

then i was sad to also be seeing all those young minds so hopelessly polluted already, and scarily, seeming to love it

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

LA Sheriff’s Department Attacks Protesters in Compton

This was not a “standoff” — it was a coordinated, asymmetrical assault.

On Father’s Day, hundreds of protesters gathered on Redondo Blvd. in Gardena, California near the auto body shop where 18-year-old Andres Guardado was murdered by the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department.

Andres was shot in the back seven times while working as a security guard at an auto body shop.

According to the Sheriff’s Department, he was armed and had produced a gun when they shot him (again, seven times in the back — that’s the story the LASD thinks puts the best spin on the situation).

However, the manager of the body shop, Andrew Haney, and family members say otherwise. They say he was unarmed. That he was running because he was scared. No one had called the cops.

So on Sunday, hundreds gathered at the sight of the murder, to call for justice, to demand answers, and to support the family. The plan was to march from the site of where Guardado was murdered, to Compton City Hall and the Compton Sheriff’s station — where his murderers work.

The family asked that the march be peaceful. And it was. For three miles, thousands walked followed by a caravan of cars. Community members lifted fists from their homes and sidewalks as protesters marched on, calling to shut down the LASD. Calling for justice.

When the speeches ended, and when people started to disperse, the Sheriff’s Department began to attack.

The scene was chaotic, overwhelming.

“It was flashbang after flashbang… one after another.” Andreina Kniss of K-town For All said, “People were not ready for it, it was kids in hoodies, mom’s, families, there were little kids there.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 2

21 hours ago, mistertim said:

I've never understood the supposed cultural boundaries of food between black and white Americans. I'm pretty damn white and I will absolutely devour almost any sort of soul food that I can get my hands on. Except pig's feet. That one I simply have never been able to get.

It's not really about the food, it's about the location and atmosphere where you eat the food.

• Thanks 1

On 6/23/2020 at 12:01 PM, Califan007 said:

Full disclosure: I'm a black man and I've eaten at all three lol...

On 6/22/2020 at 8:16 AM, Califan007 said:

I used to live in Thousand Oaks...

Your frequent usage of "lol" is the cherry on top, and as a representative of the White Delegation, it is my privilege to inform you that we will be selecting you with our next pick in the Racial Draft.

• Haha 10