Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Undrafted free agent signings

JUSTABARITONE

18 hours ago, HigSkin said:

I'll say this about Steven Montez, looks like he and Sheniult #2 had good chemistry.

Also HigSkin, I've read and seen that their O line was not that good.  In watching the video on him and what the Skins paid for him to sign him as a UDFA (did you see the numbers?) Skins think very highly of him.  

17 hours ago, Shakazullo21 said:

He is a Raven.  Just up the road from here.  

I was getting excited until I read your post. 

I have this affinity for angry football players. 

Too bad he is now in Bmore. 

14 hours ago, carex said:

this guy Bada has a practice squad exemption so unless he's terrible he should stick around during the season.  And Carolina had an NFL International player on the roster for several years recently

Trying to remember the name of some huge DL who was the hype of the draft some years back. Think he was drafted by Denver or some team out west. Can't remember his name and how he did in the league. Also the story of some ex rugby player who was supposed to play running back.

Anyone have a list of real International players who made it in the league. I am not talking about the Ajayi dude from Miami or Philly.  Someone who played overseas and ended up sticking. 

30 minutes ago, WilberMarshall said:

Trying to remember the name of some huge DL who was the hype of the draft some years back. Think he was drafted by Denver or some team out west. Can't remember his name and how he did in the league. Also the story of some ex rugby player who was supposed to play running back.

Anyone have a list of real International players who made it in the league. I am not talking about the Ajayi dude from Miami or Philly.  Someone who played overseas and ended up sticking. 

The running back was Christian Wade, Bills 2019, scored a 65yd touchdown in preseason last year. Think there are highlights on Utube, but he didn't stick but may return this year. 

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

That was the greatest highlight video I've ever seen and I got stupid excited. Then my man crush was crushed. You are a monster.

I know. And I'm sorry. Imagine how I felt. I went 0 to 100 real quick. Then I slammed into a wall named @Shakazullo21. I'm sad, embarrassed, and now I'm even questioning my ability to read. 

But hey, at least we signed that German guy... 

LOL.  Don't kill the messenger.  My wife is a Ravens fan so we are a divided house.  They are my second favorite team.  I couldn't have married like a Cowboys, Giants or Eagles fan, even Patriots fan wouldn't be able to.  Plus I am a wresting fan so as soon as I saw the name Rechsteiner I knew who he was.  If you really want to see some badassary, check out his uncle Scott Steiner.  He got real big and started calling himself Big Poppa Pump.  Freakish athlete, not sure it is all natural but this kid has these blood lines.  

big poppa pump | Tumblr

11 hours ago, duffy said:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3795327/5721be179a91677e748a9619

Found some video of Bada here. I'll leave it to our resident video analysts to examine. 

By no means an expert but it's difficult to get much from that video because there are a lot of bad reps where he seems to be playing at half speed.  In some of the special teams plays it looks like he is jogging down the field and most of his pass rush reps seem to be low effort.  Even if he's playing the run in some of those reps, you would expect to see more of an effort to get into the backfield to get a tackle for a loss.  He shows some closing speed to finish some of the plays but its hard to tell if that will translate given the caliber of the competition.  I don't think our front office would waste its time bringing him in if it didn't see some developmental traits but he won't last long putting in lackluster effort on so many plays.    

On 4/27/2020 at 7:31 AM, SemperFi Skins said:

This dude Montez may make the team.... he's got a freaking cannon of an arm, and decent placement.

I went to a few CU home games last year. He's got great physical attributes and is a leader. Just takes too long to go through the progression and get the ball out.

2 hours ago, WilberMarshall said:

Jarryd Hayne was a rugby star in Australia, and came here to play for the 49ers, but he didn't do much and was released after a brief stint.

1 hour ago, sportsnut said:

Not sure we brought him in.  From everything I’ve read, he was assigned to us.

Thanks.  What I could find about the program is below.  Not sure what criteria they used to determine the players that will be assigned and I'm not sure what happens if there isn't a training camp this year. 

The four NFC East clubs will carry these players on their roster until the end of training camp. At that time, the players are eligible for an international player practice squad exemption, granting the team an extra practice squad member that is ineligible to be activated during the 2020 season.

The NFC East was chosen to receive these players in a random draw.

After the NFL’s International Combine in Germany last October, the players received additional training and development alongside NFL players and draft hopefuls in Florida at IMG Academy this winter.

The International Player Pathway Program was instituted in 2017 and provides international athletes with the opportunity to compete at the NFL level, improve their skills and ultimately earn a spot on an NFL roster.

https://operations.nfl.com/updates/football-ops/four-international-players-added-to-rosters-for-2020-season/

2 hours ago, Shakazullo21 said:

LOL.  Don't kill the messenger.  My wife is a Ravens fan so we are a divided house.  They are my second favorite team.  I couldn't have married like a Cowboys, Giants or Eagles fan, even Patriots fan wouldn't be able to.  Plus I am a wresting fan so as soon as I saw the name Rechsteiner I knew who he was.  If you really want to see some badassary, check out his uncle Scott Steiner.  He got real big and started calling himself Big Poppa Pump.  Freakish athlete, not sure it is all natural but this kid has these blood lines.  

Definitely not all natural lol...loved some Big Poppa Pump though...had a bicep on top of his bicep lol

Bitter Former Celebrities : Page 5

6 hours ago, WilberMarshall said:

Looking around, trying to find who you might have been thinking of, I'm thinking Amobi Okoye for the Texans

Does anyone remember when the Steiner Brothers were part of the Varsity Club with Kevin Sullivan? I got to watch them many times when they were in the NWA Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling. They came to Wilmington, NC many times at Legion Stadium. They were famous for the Steiner Line and Big Poppa Pump was famous for the Steiner Recliner.

“Among the Cowboys’ undrafted free agent agreements were seven players remaining on the team’s draft board. Considering the money, it’s not difficult to figure out who those were. They all received a six-figure guarantee, led by DE Ron’Dell Carter at $145,000. The rest were OT Terence Steele ($135,000), TE Sean McKeon ($112,000), LB Frances Bernard ($110,000), RB Rico Dowdle ($110,000), WR Stephen Guidry ($110,000) and RB Darius Anderson ($110,000).”

This is the most money I’ve ever seen a team spend on undrafted free agents.  I thought the CBA limited the amount that teams could pay out in signing bonuses for undrafted free agents.

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41094525-4

8 hours ago, sportsnut said:

This is the most money I’ve ever seen a team spend on undrafted free agents.  I thought the CBA limited the amount that teams could pay out in signing bonuses for undrafted free agents.

Maybe the new CBA they ratified recently changed the rules?

37 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Signing bonus and guaranteed money are not the same thing. You can cap a signing bonus, but still guarantee some or all of the base salary. 

Not sure how typical any of what Dallas did is. But could result in $800k in dead money if none of them make the team.

pretty sure we gave Moss 20k and he must have been close to being our #1 target. Quite a different approach.

$20k is typical with teams occasionally going up to $100k for a single player if there is fierce competition for him.  $100k plus for seven players has never happened.  Smart move by Dallas though.  I never understood why teams wouldn’t pay them more to secure them.  It’s still very little money in the big picture.

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

pretty sure we gave Moss 20k and he must have been close to being our #1 target. Quite a different approach.

Think Moss was $80k

11 hours ago, sportsnut said:

“Among the Cowboys’ undrafted free agent agreements were seven players remaining on the team’s draft board. Considering the money, it’s not difficult to figure out who those were. They all received a six-figure guarantee, led by DE Ron’Dell Carter at $145,000. The rest were OT Terence Steele ($135,000), TE Sean McKeon ($112,000), LB Frances Bernard ($110,000), RB Rico Dowdle ($110,000), WR Stephen Guidry ($110,000) and RB Darius Anderson ($110,000).”

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41094525-4

Ron'Dell is a beast. I thought he had a good chance of being drafted, but that signing bonus is pretty remarkable. I would think he's got a good shot at making their roster with that sort of $$.

3 hours ago, Jericho said:

Signing bonus and guaranteed money are not the same thing. You can cap a signing bonus, but still guarantee some or all of the base salary. 

If true, then it was compliant with the letter of the rule but a violation of its spirit.

Archived