Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Undrafted free agent signings

JUSTABARITONE

1 hour ago, Shakazullo21 said:

Who the hell is David Bada, and where the hell is Schwabisch Hall Germany?  We were "awarded" this guy.  Plays in some German League for the Schwabisch Hall Unicorns.  I guess we still have the European Intern Program.  DE 6'5 287

Who cares, he must have some European Football history and is worth a shot. If I am not mistaken, when you are awarded a Euro it's like getting a free extra roster slot. He could turn into a playa

4 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

feels to me like we took out priority free agents on D in the 7th round. Or at least made sure we picked up those 2 players. 

UDFA, we then basically targeted the top QB, top 2 TE available and then a couple of fill in receivers with the skill sets we specifically wanted.

It feels that way which sucks. They should have a had a list of guys they studied and wanted. It's these guys that end out on special teams and practice squads eventually reaching backup rolls.

I don't know why, but I'm really excited about Bronson Rechsteiner lol. Kind of reminds me of Mike Alstott. 

Did Scott Turner use a FB in his system? 

He's a multi-faceted weapon, rushing for 909 yards and 7 TDs this past season. He can play the part of traditional blocking fullback with the potential to tote the rock (see what I did there?). He can catch the ball out of the backfield, something Kennesaw State's offense doesn't call for a ton, but when it did, he obliged. He also drools at the idea of playing special teams -- at any spot on the unit. Returns? No problem. Want him to be your gunner? He has the speed and tenacity for it. Need a long snapper? He did that for two years at Kennesaw State and three years in high school. Like many FCS prospects, he's a ready, willing and able Swiss Army Knife contributor. 

His March 11 Pro Day numbers back up how athletic and versatile he is -- and remember, he's a 5-foot-10, 223-pound fullback prospect, not a waterbug-like scatback.

Here's how his Pro Day numbers stacked up against all RB prospects at the NFL Combine:

• 40 -  4.48 seconds (Would have ranked Top 10 among RBs at NFL Combine)
    • Bench - 35 reps (Led all RBs by 6 reps)
    • Vertical - 35.5 inches (Top 15 )
    • 3-Cone- 6.95 seconds (tied for No. 1)
    • Short shuttle- 4.22 seconds (No. 6)

Oh and his dad is Rick Steiner haha 

tumblr_pd4m2nKDhO1qivspno1_400.gifv

Don't know why, but I just have a feeling we are going to sign a LT Vet Free Agent like Jason Peters or Kelvin Meachum.  We have cap space now.  After 4 PM today it doesn't count against your compensatory picks.  Seems to me they haven't signed a lot of  UDFA's because they have a few UFA's to sign first.  

Don’t know much about Montez but watching his highlights he seems to have a fairly quick release and ball come out quick. He needs to work on his technique of keeping the ball high and with all Pac 12 QBs it will be interesting to see if how he plays taking snaps under center. 

7 hours ago, duffy said:

I don't know why, but I'm really excited about Bronson Rechsteiner lol

That name. Instant Fan Favorite, you can't say his last name without sounding really pissed off.

EDIT: He's a Raven, therefore he's a **** and he sucks.

8 hours ago, sportsnut said:

Anyone know how the international players work?  I read that he was “assigned” to us, and that the other NFC East teams got international players assigned to them.  Did we have a choice who gets assigned to us?

I dunno. It’s like having a foreign exchange student

Archived