Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins sign LSU TE Thaddeus Moss as an UDFA

zCommander

22 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Probably gonna have a bunch of guys with multiple rushing and receiving yards, so a TE3 who can block and occasionally happen to be close enough to open to win contested catches puts us in a much better place than years past.

not to mention that TEs who can block get a lot of those 3-5 yard completely wide open throws, all you have to do is find the open area, sit in it and catch. I think Moss will be able to do that. 

I don't think he is going to be burning down the seam or running complicated option routes but if he can block well and be a consistent safety valve it will be enough for now. 

14 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

not to mention that TEs who can block get a lot of those 3-5 yard completely wide open throws, all you have to do is find the open area, sit in it and catch. I think Moss will be able to do that. 

I don't think he is going to be burning down the seam or running complicated option routes but if he can block well and be a consistent safety valve it will be enough for now. 

A chain moving reciever safety outlet and a willing blocker. A basic TE2/3 which helps fill a roster hole. 

I'm so excited to have TEs who block, instead of quickly run to the IR.

I was a little disappointed when we first picked up moss. I haven’t watched a ton of football lately and figured we made a redskins move and just picked up some hype based on randy moss.

overall this was a good move for us. We picked a player who played his role well on a championship caliber team. We also got him when his value was low due to an injury that he should recover from. Additionally we don’t really know what he is capable of offensively because that wasn’t his focus at LSU. He seems like he has a Decent head on his shoulders.

remember Logan Paulson? He was athletically limited but I really liked his play style. Team player who was a good safety value when needed. If moss can start off like that I’d consider it a win.

we’ve had very poor tight end play for years. Moss has a good shot at contributing. I like when coaches have plans for younger players.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Jesus. Calm down. If you look you can see a strap on his shoulder indicating a bag. But even still, stop freaking out over nothing.

NO, YOU CALM DOWN!!! LOOK AT HOW HE'S LEANING!!!  Jay is going to have to put in a whole new ****ing offense where our TE only runs routes that break to the left because all we have is Thaddeus and a guy named Sprinkle. ****ING ****!!! ****ING **** AYASSS!!!!!

13 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Why is Moss leaning heavily, to one side ?

He's not limping, is he ?

did you not know he has one leg significantly shorter than the other?

i think that was the main reason he went undrafted.

Just a casual observation - not saying they are identical , or even close...but

Moss reminds me a little of Reed, in a couple of non-football ways.

Looks and personality.

Same demeanor : quiet and all business-like in his approach.

Build is also similar : Moss is 6'3, 249 pounds, and Reed, 6'2, 242 pounds.

And I see some physical resemblance in the face. And that "look" in their eyes.

reed.jpg

moss.jpg

Except the way they move is completely different. Reed is fluid (graceful), Moss is lumbering (heavy). I do see some athleticism there like Cooley, when things breakdown. 

That doesn’t mean he can’t/won’t contribute.  But it’ll be interesting how he’ll fare against pro athletes. I think we’re all hopeful we’ve found a gem.... but he could also as easily in the first rounds of cuts too.

• 2 weeks later...

Moss getting some more love. This time from an BR article

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2902850

“Thaddeus Moss might've been the biggest undrafted name this year. 

He smartly landed in Washington with a team that lost tight ends Jordan Reed and Vernon Davis, meaning he'll have plenty of chances to impress. 

Moss did just that at LSU last season, totaling 570 yards and four scores while carving out a role in an offense that featured two receivers with 1,500-plus yards. 

A solid all-around player who seems to inhale everything thrown his way, Moss could for a good connection with quarterback Dwayne Haskins early.”

He is also the “cover player” for the article. Good stuff

With Thomas on the shelf early, the doors could not be any more open for this kid. At some point it’s like God himself saying he wants you to win that job. Zombies are not suppositious, but when the stars align this hard, even we have to take notice.

Archived