Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins sign LSU TE Thaddeus Moss as an UDFA

zCommander

• 3 months later...

Nothing to do with Moss but I am convinced things happen off the field that we never know about that drive unexpected cuts. Surprising no one really, but still think many including myself automatically attribute a player being cut to on the field issues, lack of talent speed etc.

Maybe he is completely out of shape, or didn't get PT for an injury. Or told a coach to **** off.

No worries as we can convert WRs and OTs to TE to fill any voids we have from not drafting TEs. Plus, I think we still have Jeremy Sprinkle.

6 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Nothing to do with Moss but I am convinced things happen off the field that we never know about that drive unexpected cuts. Surprising no one really, but still think many including myself automatically attribute a player being cut to on the field issues, lack of talent speed etc.

Maybe he is completely out of shape, or didn't get PT for an injury. Or told a coach to **** off.

No worries as we can convert WRs and OTs to TE to fill any voids we have from not drafting TEs. Plus, I think we still have Jeremy Sprinkle.

I know you’re joking... but The Sprinkler is splashing elsewhere.

14 hours ago, KDawg said:

I know you’re joking... but The Sprinkler is splashing elsewhere.

I am sure his new QB will be spraying balls his direction

Not for long though. Funny not funny it sure seemed like Jay tried to feature him early in games and it never worked. Not once.  I think he had 400 snaps without a catch one year.

32 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I am sure his new QB will be spraying balls his direction

Not for long though. Funny not funny it sure seemed like Jay tried to feature him early in games and it never worked. Not once.  I think he had 400 snaps without a catch one year.

The strategy worked once though.

As a result of those 400 snaps, teams stopped covering him, and one day he found himself all alone in the endzone and the QB planted the ball so hard at him, that the gap in his shoulder pads secured the ball for a TD

On 12/30/2020 at 11:50 AM, NickyJ said:

Last week, I was looking through the team's roster. I was shocked that Moss is still on the team. After Jared Green and Jerry Rice Jr., I've sort of written off UDFA HOFer's kids.

Jerry Rice's other kid Brenden plays for University of Colorado and is really good. 

On 4/13/2021 at 4:34 PM, RandyHolt said:

Where do I go to drool over our new TE

I already don't give a rats ass if he cannot block. Don't ask him to block.

They're probably going to have to teach him how to block.  Here's hoping that that Turner designs some post-up plays for Reyes in the RZ.

1 hour ago, SAli457180 said:

They're probably going to have to teach him how to block.  Here's hoping that that Turner designs some post-up plays for Reyes in the RZ.

Lucky he is a tank so if he can get his pads down he should be good for plowing the road.  Jordan Reed just held on literally / figuratively enough to it not limit his effectiveness.

One of my favorite formations is heavy jumbo loading up the field with all the TEs, and then going PAP.  Target the youngest most aggressive LB, naturally.   I want to see Reyes be our secret weapon.

On 4/13/2021 at 4:34 PM, RandyHolt said:

Where do I go to drool over our new TE

I already don't give a rats ass if he cannot block. Don't ask him to block.

Ironically he will probably last longer on this team, than the guy who had this thread started just for him.

Too bad he doesn't have a famous name of a pro athlete, attached to him.

Oh wait, he does !

reyes.jpg

reyes2.jpg

Archived