Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Re-Opening" the Economy Thread

kfrankie

On 6/4/2020 at 6:21 PM, Warhead36 said:

I think movie theaters can open. Its one of the few places where its quite easy to enforce social distancing. Just don't sell as many tickets. Have attendants outside making sure people have masks on. You can easily clean up theaters between shows(they do that anyway and it'd be easier to clean with reduced capacity). All in all its a much more controlled environment than say an amusement park or pool.

I figured folks would just take the masks off when movies started but did not see chains not doing a performative safety dance.

• Sad 1

Mazda having its best month since Nov 19...but used inventory is getting low and we have no reasonable path to acquire more in the short term.  We threw mad “clean book” bids on 15 cars at Freddy this morning.

Bought 4 cars and overpayed for every one.  Or maybe we didn’t...I don’t know anymore.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Mazda having its best month since Nov 19...but used inventory is getting low and we have no reasonable path to acquire more in the short term.  We threw mad “clean book” bids on 15 cars at Freddy this morning.

Bought 4 cars and overpayed for every one.  Or maybe we didn’t...I don’t know anymore.

how much of a discount off MSRP are you guys dipping into? Is that what is driving the sales or are people just taking advantage of the low loan rates?

5 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

how much of a discount off MSRP are you guys dipping into? Is that what is driving the sales or are people just taking advantage of the low loan rates?

It depends on the car.  The factories are closed, so some new inventory is starting to get thin too.

I can tell you this, your trade in is probably worth more now than it was two years ago.

And @PleaseBlitz, I can get used Mazdas...F150s and RAV 4s are the gravy.  It’s getting thin.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

It depends on the car.  The factories are closed, so some new inventory is starting to get thin too.

I can tell you this, your trade in is probably worth more now than it was two years ago.

And @PleaseBlitz, I can get used Mazdas...F150s and RAV 4s are the gravy.  It’s getting thin.

Where are the factories?

10 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

@TryTheBeal! what are your thoughts on vroom, caravana and the other online car retailers?

Certain types of customers seem to like that experience, but I haven’t seen much effect on our business.  I read an article recently stating that those types of services expected a big “COVID boost” but apparently it didn’t really happen.

8 hours ago, Hersh said:

Where are the factories?

All Mazdas are built in Hiroshima.  That factory is actually back online so we do have units trickling in...but just barely.  There is a new Toyota/Mazda plant in Alabama that was supposed to open late 20/early 21.  Delayed indefinitely due to COVID.

41 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Jesus Christ!!! What the **** man?!?!

Sometimes leadership means telling people that they need to wear a mask and wash their ****ing hands. Why is this so goddamn hard?!?!

We have to come to grips with the possibility that this is, and has always been intentional 

23 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Stocktwits is toxic bro. Get off the SPY thread and delete that ho.

edit: And David Portnoy is an arrogant prick who is going to lose his ass.

I have stock twits but I use it more for amusement.  very few people actually know how to read charts on there.  

He is arrogant for sure but he is fun to watch.