Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thoughts on Greg Olsen potentially signing here? (M.E.T.)

bakedtater1

Might as well get a leg up...he'll make an excellent addition to experienced vets along with Peterson to help the team succeed. Vernon Davis is released and reed retires..a tight end in the 4th...olsen,henteges and rookie rounds out our tight ends group going into 2020..maybe reed try's another go.

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

He hasn’t even been signed yet 😂😂😂 not the smartest idea for a thread. Come on....

Wanna bet 5 he dosent get signed?

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Yee-haw. The Redskins are going to continue the routine of the entire Snyder era and go for the short-term, desperate quick fix over a real plan to build a contender.

Not saying it's the route I prefer but be ready for it...and you know damn well it would have nothing to do with snyder(signing of olsen)

6 minutes ago, max21 said:

Am I missing something? Did we sign Greg Olsen? 

This is a stupid thread and it’s misleading

Its the off season and stupidly nothing is going on..no ya haven't missed anything..the skins haven't signed him....yet.....I'll take any punishment needing to be handed down..mods know what to do

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

and you know damn well it would have nothing to do with snyder(signing of olsen)

Really? He didn't sign an older, retread coach and give him apparent full control over the personnel department? Because my immediate assumption when that happened is what we would get would not be the smart completion of a minor rebuild but a "win now" bid for mediocrity, of the sort that would be typified by signing Greg Olsen types and trying to get Trent Williams to stick around for the overpaid decline phase of his career. 

But Dan didn't know that's what he was signing up for? Fascinating. 

Hard to see a better fit to finish out his last two or three years. Hope it actually happens as it would be good to aim for TE on Day two in 2021. 

With Reed, would be nice to see a contract that is based on playing time incentives. The concussion history makes this seem like a non-starter. 

8 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Really? He didn't sign an older, retread coach and give him apparent full control over the personnel department? Because my immediate assumption when that happened is what we would get would not be the smart completion of a minor rebuild but a "win now" bid for mediocrity, of the sort that would be typified by signing Greg Olsen types and trying to get Trent Williams to stick around for the overpaid decline phase of his career. 

But Dan didn't know that's what he was signing up for? Fascinating. 

If Snyder hires someone who's held a single NFL head coaching job in his entire career, he's obviously - *shuffles deck* - hiring a quick fix and expects to be in the Super Bowl the following year. If Snyder hires someone who's never held a single NFL head coaching job in his entire career, he's obviously.... *shuffles deck* .... never learned because he did that with Gruden, Zorn, and Spurrier and all of them failed.

If we go into next year with Reed and Davis at TE, the team is stupid for - *shuffles deck* - holding onto unreliable and injured players. If we go into next year with Sprinkle and Hentges at TE, the team is stupid for - *shuffles deck* - expecting mediocre players to be good outlets for a young QB to rely on. If we draft two new TEs, the team is stupid for - *shuffles deck* - not filling more pressing holes on the team. If we hire an experienced TE to hold down the job for a year or two, the team is stupid for - *shuffles deck* - trying to win because that one veteran TE means they're mortgaging the future.

You are fun at parties.

Can we stop the welcome threads unless the player actually is signed?  No issue with a thread to discuss the possibility but if we all started threads based on who we want with welcome to. Then there will soon be 100s.  It would be nice to reserve the welcome threads to players who are actually here.    

Obviously not up to me but really do not like these thread titles for players not on the team.  

We are in such desperate need at TE, and offensively we are so dependent on one, a short term deal for Olsen is a no brainer. Still draft a TE, then consider another next year if required.

Olsen at TE will significantly improve the development of Haskins whilst lifting some pressure off our inexperienced WR group. I’ll take that.

2 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

Sorry, but this is useless thread, especially since free agency hasn't even started and there's no guarantee that Olsen will even come here.  

Olsen is being released tomorrow and can be signed immediately thereafter by any team. 

19 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Olsen is being released tomorrow and can be signed immediately thereafter by any team. 

He definitely can sign be signed by any team after being released but will probably wait until free agency to do so in order to get the best deal possible for himself

45 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

If Snyder hires someone who's held a single NFL head coaching job in his entire career, he's obviously - *shuffles deck* - hiring a quick fix and expects to be in the Super Bowl the following year. If Snyder hires someone who's never held a single NFL head coaching job in his entire career, he's obviously.... *shuffles deck* .... never learned because he did that with Gruden, Zorn, and Spurrier and all of them failed.

If we go into next year with Reed and Davis at TE, the team is stupid for - *shuffles deck* - holding onto unreliable and injured players. If we go into next year with Sprinkle and Hentges at TE, the team is stupid for - *shuffles deck* - expecting mediocre players to be good outlets for a young QB to rely on. If we draft two new TEs, the team is stupid for - *shuffles deck* - not filling more pressing holes on the team. If we hire an experienced TE to hold down the job for a year or two, the team is stupid for - *shuffles deck* - trying to win because that one veteran TE means they're mortgaging the future.

You are fun at parties.

tumblr_mqcmdraNOm1qiz3j8o1_500.gif

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

Can we stop the welcome threads unless the player actually is signed?  No issue with a thread to discuss the possibility but it we all started threads based on who we want with welcome to. Then there will soon be 100s.  It would be nice to reserve the welcome threads to players who are actually here.    

Obviously not up to me but Really do not like these thread titles for players not on the team.  

19 minutes ago, dyst said:

I 100% appreciate the humor in the thread and its purpose, but these “Welcome” threads should be saved for official announcements no? 

Yup, it was cute with Young but that’s enough. 

@bakedtater1

I changed the title to reflect the thread content properly, no penalty, but let’s stop this from here on out as it can lead to legitimate confusion.

Discuss. :) 

2 hours ago, SAli457180 said:

He definitely can sign be signed by any team after being released but will probably wait until free agency to do so in order to get the best deal possible for himself

I dont see that to be honest, but we will soon find out.

This is not a short term quick fix 

4 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Yee-haw. The Redskins are going to continue the routine of the entire Snyder era and go for the short-term, desperate quick fix over a real plan to build a contender.

This would not be a desperate quick fix like the Jason Taylor trade.  It would be more like the Vernon Davis or AP signings which obviously worked out well.    The need for a receiving TE is perhaps the team's biggest need, especially with a young QB. Assuming they draft Chase they won't have the picks to address it in the draft, and that would probably require a reach.  If they sign Olsen that will buy them a year or two to find the long term solution.  

Archived