Renegade7

What Offer Would Change Your Mind on Trading Down???

Trade offer to change your mind on trading down???  

214 members have voted

  1. 1. Trade offer to change your mind on trading down???

    • Has to be MORE then accepted trade package to get RG3
    • Has to be AT LEAST the accepted trade package to get RG3
    • Would be willing to accept LESS then accepted trade package to get RG3
    • There's nothing that can convince me to trade down, stop trying, unplug the phone
    • Only if you can convince me of an impossible scenario where we can still get Chase Young, good luck
    • I don't know
    • I don't care


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, mistertim said:

 

 Probably the easiest draft choice the Skins have ever had to make. 

 

Taking JJ Watt would have been an easy decision too, of course we didn't, but still.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing that would change my mind is if we had the 1st pick or 3rd pick. This is no brainer territory. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

 

Yawn, thanks for saving us from ourselves. 

 

Would you feel the same way if Lions actually traded Stafford before the draft? 

 

If your answer is "that will never happen, why bother talking about it", this maybe isnt the best thread for you.

 

Theres smoke here, but you sound like the type that watched Sharknado 3 and asked how they were fighting sharks in space : )

I prefer to live in the realm of realism. Otherwise why not create threads asking if we can trade a 4th rounder in 2022 for Pat Mahomes? Come on man.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I prefer to live in the realm of realism. Otherwise why not create threads asking if we can trade a 4th rounder in 2022 for Pat Mahomes? Come on man.

 

I dont believe its unrealistic for the Lions to move on from Stafford and need a QB. If they do a swap makes sense, dont you agree?  I've done what I can to show articles why they should do that now while they can, this is realism, but not enough to say this is what's going to happen yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

 

Taking JJ Watt would have been an easy decision too, of course we didn't, but still.

 

True. And that's when we tried to get cute. Instead of taking the stud player we picked up the good but not great one, then added a 2nd which we then kept trading down. And eventually ended up with the powerhouse draft haul of Hankerson, Helu, Gomes, Paul, Royster, etc etc. Because we had lots of holes! Gotta fill them holes! Forget taking the blue chip player. Fill them holes!

 

Then again, while Watt was considered a really good prospect he wasn't seen at the time as the sort of generational guy that we know he is now (Marcell Dareus was the first DL taken in that draft...who's good but he's no JJ Watt), so in that he's a bit different than Chase Young. 

 

But the point is still valid. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Gulp..I mean...guap 

 

 

 

Now way is he worth that or getting that. He's very good but not great or elite. In 4 years he had 1 season of double digit sacks, 1 Pro Bowl nod, and zero All Pro nods. Hard pass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Miami is going to trade a whole heap of picks away to get Tua. Whether that’s at #1 #2 or even #3, someone is getting a major haul off them IF they don’t actually want Tua themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

 

 

Not surprising. You don't pass on a player like Chase Young for anything less than an absolute haul. 

 

I don't think Miami is going to give up as much as we'd be asking for to pass on CY. I'm guessing it would have to at least be the RG3 trade. I don't see them doing it. Makes more sense for them to try and deal with Detroit at 3 if they really want Tua. And they have more draft capital than pretty much any other team so they wouldn't really have to worry about potentially being outbid for the #2 spot...chances are if our price too rich for them, it's completely unfeasible for any other team. I still think #1 and #2 are basically locked in. 

Edited by mistertim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2020 at 8:57 AM, Bonez3 said:

This is no brainer territory. 


Need to bring Bruce back. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mistertim said:

 

Not surprising. You don't pass on a player like Chase Young for anything less than an absolute haul. 

 

I don't think Miami is going to give up as much as we'd be asking for to pass on CY. I'm guessing it would have to at least be the RG3 trade. I don't see them doing it. Makes more sense for them to try and deal with Detroit at 3 if they really want Tua. And they have more draft capital than pretty much any other team so they wouldn't really have to worry about potentially being outbid for the #2 spot...chances are if our price too rich for them, it's completely unfeasible for any other team. I still think #1 and #2 are basically locked in. 

I believe John Gruden is half nuts when it comes to QB's....meaning, I think he falls in love with them and will go balls out to get his man. He is on a 10 year contract and I can see him pulling a Ditka and offering us an insane trade for the rights to our #2 pick. I think he wants to go into Vegas with a different QB and Tua fits perfectly with Jacobs his RB....no one is talking about Gruden but I can see him offering most of his draft this year and a 1st rounder next year. Vegas has picks 12 and 19 in round one and three 3rd round picks. They don't have a 2nd rounder. I can see Gruden offering up both his 1sts, two thirds this year and a 1st and 2nd next year in order to move up and get Tua. Go ahead and blast me but I just think Gruden is hell bent to get a franchise type QB in Vegas and that he will be the wild card of this draft....not Miami. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I believe John Gruden is half nuts when it comes to QB's....meaning, I think he falls in love with them and will go balls out to get his man. He is on a 10 year contract and I can see him pulling a Ditka and offering us an insane trade for the rights to our #2 pick. I think he wants to go into Vegas with a different QB and Tua fits perfectly with Jacobs his RB....no one is talking about Gruden but I can see him offering most of his draft this year and a 1st rounder next year. Vegas has picks 12 and 19 in round one and three 3rd round picks. They don't have a 2nd rounder. I can see Gruden offering up both his 1sts, two thirds this year and a 1st and 2nd next year in order to move up and get Tua. Go ahead and blast me but I just think Gruden is hell bent to get a franchise type QB in Vegas and that he will be the wild card of this draft....not Miami. 

 

I don't disagree about Gruden, but I have a really hard time seeing the Skins moving all the way down to 12 from 2. That's basically giving up on being able to draft one of the elite prospects. Unless you're the Browns, it's not every year you get a chance to take one of the blue chip players super high. I'd think it would take way more than their 2 1sts this year. It would need to be their 1sts this year, their 2nd and 3rd this year, and their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd next year at least. And that would just be the starting point.

 

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2020 at 8:47 PM, kingdaddy said:

Detroit can't match the firepower Miami has to move up...nobody can. Not in terms of draft picks this year. 

Gonna get juicy for sure if Tua has multiple teams in love with him. 

I think you might be forgetting that the Lions are trying to trade CB Derrius Slay. He has some value...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2020 at 12:31 PM, 50yrSKINSfan said:

No reason to lie and this is what I saw. Against Wisc, 4 tackles and ZERO SACKS. Against Clemson, 1 tackle and ZERO SACKS. That is against college tackles. Think he will do better against the Cowboys, lol. Does this look like the player you want with the second pick in the draft? That translates to, you have your pick of every college player in the country except 1 QB and you pass on them and take a guy with 5 tackles and zero sacks in his last 2 games when he should be giving his best to showcase himself.

Um, you're also not mentioning the fact that CY will have fellow first round picks in Kerrigan, Allen, Payne and Sweat playing along side of him in the Redskins front 7...

On 1/25/2020 at 2:48 PM, Birdlives said:

The thing about trading down isn’t just that you’re giving up on getting Young, it’s that you’re possibly giving him to the Giants. If he’s what people believe he is, you get to deal with him twice a year for the next ten. Not good.

Plus Sasquatch Barkley on the other side...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Wyndorf25 said:

Um, you're also not mentioning the fact that CY will have fellow first round picks in Kerrigan, Allen, Payne and Sweat playing along side of him in the Redskins front 7...

 

Not to jump into y'all's discussion, but I do want to point out that the four players you named did not have a good year last year.  In fact, "under-preformed" has been the kindest adjective describing those first round draft picks last year.

 

However, I am of the mindset that the Defensive coach and scheme was a major part of that.  We shall see.🤞

 

 

 

 

 

 

:229:The Rook    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mistertim said:

 

I don't disagree about Gruden, but I have a really hard time seeing the Skins moving all the way down to 12 from 2. That's basically giving up on being able to draft one of the elite prospects. Unless you're the Browns, it's not every year you get a chance to take one of the blue chip players super high. I'd think it would take way more than their 2 1sts this year. It would need to be their 1sts this year, their 2nd and 3rd this year, and their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd next year at least. And that would just be the starting point.

 

Yeah, I didn't say we would do the deal but I think some sick offers are coming if Tua nails the health checks. Too many teams need QB's this year.

50 minutes ago, Wyndorf25 said:

I think you might be forgetting that the Lions are trying to trade CB Derrius Slay. He has some value...

So, are you saying that maybe we get an offer of Slay and the #3 from the Lions so they can move up to take Tua?

Boy, that would totally change our defense in one move....adding Slay and Chase.

Edited by kingdaddy
spelling
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mistertim said:

 

Not surprising. You don't pass on a player like Chase Young for anything less than an absolute haul. 

 

I don't think Miami is going to give up as much as we'd be asking for to pass on CY. I'm guessing it would have to at least be the RG3 trade. I don't see them doing it. Makes more sense for them to try and deal with Detroit at 3 if they really want Tua. And they have more draft capital than pretty much any other team so they wouldn't really have to worry about potentially being outbid for the #2 spot...chances are if our price too rich for them, it's completely unfeasible for any other team. I still think #1 and #2 are basically locked in. 

 

really no one could outbid them for our pick if they tried to get it.  The danger for them comes from them not bidding and someone making a hell of an offer

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, carex said:

 

really no one could outbid them for our pick if they tried to get it.  The danger for them comes from them not bidding and someone making a hell of an offer

 

 

 

I guess then it depends on what "hell of an offer" would be sufficient to move us out of that spot. Rivera seemed to indicate that it was pretty high when he said he had a "wish list" but that he didn't think it was "feasible". To me that says that we'd be asking for a major haul (as in multiple 1sts and more) to move back; something that probably not many teams could give up, let alone would. I'd be more inclined to believe that Miami would be content to let us pick at 2 and then either see who falls to them at 5 if they want to keep all of their picks, or potentially move up to 3 if they love Tua and are worried about another team moving up for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Gallen5862 said:

What if the Redskins decide to draft Tua at #2 and then trade Haskins to Miami?

I don't think it happens, Gallen.  I think Skins are possibly pushing the Lions to part with their #3 overall and secure our #2 and the Lions trade Stafford.  Thus, the Skins get Young at #3 plus a Lion's draft pick.  Skins are doing their due diligence.  That would be the only trade I see happening.  Young will be a Redskin and the only way he's not is if Cincy takes him but we all know Cincy wants a franchise QB and at #1 they will take either Burrow or Tua.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Yeah, I didn't say we would do the deal but I think some sick offers are coming if Tua nails the health checks. Too many teams need QB's this year.

So, are you saying that maybe we get an offer of Slay and the #3 from the Lions so they can move up to take Tua?

Boy, that would totally change our defense in one move....adding Slay and Chase.

Slay, Lions' 3rd overall and the Lions' 2nd round pick to swap with the Redskins so they can get Tua would be what I would hold out for...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wyndorf25 said:

Slay, Lions' 3rd overall and the Lions' 2nd round pick to swap with the Redskins so they can get Tua would be what I would hold out for...

Chicago gave up a 3, 4 and next year 3 to move to 2 to take Trubisky. 
 

The Redskins would be lucky to get more than that, I’d think, since they’ll be getting Chase at 3. Unless they can truly sell Detroit that they’re drafting Tua and need capital to pass on him. But idk. 
 

Slay is gonna be 30. Doesn’t seem to fit what Ron wants to do to get younger. Plus he will likely want a new deal. I’d rather have picks than Slay. I think 3+4 and future 3 gets it done for me. I’d take 2 as well and possibly leverage that to trade back for more picks this and next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.