Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Offer Would Change Your Mind on Trading Down???

Renegade7

Trade offer to change your mind on trading down???  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Trade offer to change your mind on trading down???

• Has to be MORE then accepted trade package to get RG3
    • Has to be AT LEAST the accepted trade package to get RG3
    • Would be willing to accept LESS then accepted trade package to get RG3
    • There's nothing that can convince me to trade down, stop trying, unplug the phone
    • Only if you can convince me of an impossible scenario where we can still get Chase Young, good luck
    • I don't know
    • I don't care

5 hours ago, RWJ said:

I don't think it happens, Gallen.  I think Skins are possibly pushing the Lions to part with their #3 overall and secure our #2 and the Lions trade Stafford.  Thus, the Skins get Young at #3 plus a Lion's draft pick.  Skins are doing their due diligence.  That would be the only trade I see happening.  Young will be a Redskin and the only way he's not is if Cincy takes him but we all know Cincy wants a franchise QB and at #1 they will take either Burrow or Tua.

I still think it's highly unlikely that the Lions part with Stafford this year. It's a huge dead cap hit and if they also traded off their best defensive player in Slay they'd basically be saying "we're in 100% rebuild mode" because they literally just parted ways with their two best players and drafted a rookie QB when they had one of the worst defenses in the NFL, including dead last against the pass. That or Stafford's injury is much worse than we've been led to believe...which is possible, but not necessarily likely. 

2 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Chicago gave up a 3, 4 and next year 3 to move to 2 to take Trubisky. 

The Redskins would be lucky to get more than that, I’d think, since they’ll be getting Chase at 3. Unless they can truly sell Detroit that they’re drafting Tua and need capital to pass on him. But idk. 

Slay is gonna be 30. Doesn’t seem to fit what Ron wants to do to get younger. Plus he will likely want a new deal. I’d rather have picks than Slay. I think 3+4 and future 3 gets it done for me. I’d take 2 as well and possibly leverage that to trade back for more picks this and next year. 

You make a good point about Slay's age and Rivera's perceived youth movement. He is a hell of a player though, i just didn't realize he was almost 30 (I thought he was like 25, coming off his rookie deal).

5 hours ago, mistertim said:

I still think it's highly unlikely that the Lions part with Stafford this year. It's a huge dead cap hit and if they also traded off their best defensive player in Slay they'd basically be saying "we're in 100% rebuild mode" because they literally just parted ways with their two best players and drafted a rookie QB when they had one of the worst defenses in the NFL, including dead last against the pass. That or Stafford's injury is much worse than we've been led to believe...which is possible, but not necessarily likely. 

Could be mistertim.  We'll have to see how it plays out when the cards are laid down.  :)

Tua is going to go #2 at the latest.

If we don’t want him, we need to trade back to #5 with Miami with a conditional trade already in place with Detroit to move back up to #3 for Young. Having a residual net trade gain of a day 2 pick is enough for me as we get our player in this example.

That said, once FA starts and the vet QBs fly off the market, the real needs for a QB in the top 10 of the draft will be evident. That may narrow down the market for Tua.

7 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Chicago gave up a 3, 4 and next year 3 to move to 2 to take Trubisky. 

The Redskins would be lucky to get more than that, I’d think, since they’ll be getting Chase at 3. Unless they can truly sell Detroit that they’re drafting Tua and need capital to pass on him. But idk. 

Slay is gonna be 30. Doesn’t seem to fit what Ron wants to do to get younger. Plus he will likely want a new deal. I’d rather have picks than Slay. I think 3+4 and future 3 gets it done for me. I’d take 2 as well and possibly leverage that to trade back for more picks this and next year. 

All the Skins have to do is convince Detroit that Miami is offering the moon for the #2 pick and if they want Tua the offer should increase. 

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

If we don’t want him, we need to trade back to #5 with Miami with a conditional trade already in place with Detroit to move back up to #3 for Young. Having a residual net trade gain of a day 2 pick is enough for me as we get our player in this example.

That said, once FA starts and the vet QBs fly off the market, the real needs for a QB in the top 10 of the draft will be evident. That may narrow the market for Tua down. 

Lets have some fun and play that out, here's where I'll project QB's to go in free agency or trade prior to the draft: 

Tennessee: Brady

Tampa Bay:  Tannehill

Indy:  Rivers

Carolina: Winston

New England: Dalton

Chargers: Draft

Miami: Draft

Vegas: Carr, but draft

Bengals: Draft

Bears: Trubisky but on a very short rope.

Still available: Bridgewater

As you can see we have Miami, Chargers, Vegas as front runners for QB's in the draft with teams like New England, Tampa, Tennessee and Indy likely to go with veterans unless they strike out. I wonder how much the Browns like Mayfield? Would they bring in competition this early in his career? 

If the Raiders sign Brady then we have mayhem with the other teams if we don't already. I'm hearing Tennessee and Tampa are in the lead for TB.

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

That said, once FA starts and the vet QBs fly off the market, the real needs for a QB in the top 10 of the draft will be evident. That may narrow down the market for Tua.

I think that's incredibly speculative. It would either require Miami give us an absolute haul and we stay at 5 and miss out on Chase Young or having some complicated trade scenario where we move back up to 3 with Detroit.

Also...why would Detroit agree to that anyway? They'd have a generational pass rushing prospect sitting in their lap, which is probably the biggest need on their defense...their pass rush was terrible. They'd probably tell us to either pound sand if we wanted to move back up or they'd tell us they wanted 2 1sts, 2 2nds, and 2 3rds or something like that. Same as we'd be asking for if someone wanted us to give up a Chase Young level talent to move back. So we'd have to give up everything we got from Miami to move back up. It would be ludicrous and pointless.

The only way any of this makes any sense is if the FO of both MIami and Detroit are literally filled up with people from the movie Idiocracy. 

9 hours ago, mistertim said:

The Lions should be in full rebuild mode...they've been one of the worst franchise's in my 52 year lifetime and they need to seek a new direction. Patch and fill isn't working. Taking the dead cap hit for Stafford isn't so bad for a year if you have a QB on a rookie contract. The Lions need to go bold like the Raiders and Dolphins are doing; take your medicine and get young studs in your organization. Look at their roster, it's void of playmakers for the most part and the QB is injury prone because the line sucks. Detroit, in my opinion needs an overhaul.

15 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

The Lions should be in full rebuild mode...they've been one of the worst franchise's in my 52 year lifetime and they need to seek a new direction. Patch and fill isn't working. Taking the dead cap hit for Stafford isn't so bad for a year if you have a QB on a rookie contract. The Lions need to go bold like the Raiders and Dolphins are doing; take your medicine and get young studs in your organization. Look at their roster, it's void of playmakers for the most part and the QB is injury prone because the line sucks. Detroit, in my opinion needs an overhaul.

What? Stafford isn't injury prone. This is the first time he's missed games in almost 9 years or something like that and he had no injuries in college. He's generally regarded as a very durable dude. But you're talking about replacing a durable dude with an actual injury prone one. Tua has been injured several times and has had 3 surgeries. And that's just in college. 

26 minutes ago, mistertim said:

What? Stafford isn't injury prone. This is the first time he's missed games in almost 9 years or something like that and he had no injuries in college. He's generally regarded as a very durable dude. But you're talking about replacing a durable dude with an actual injury prone one. Tua has been injured several times and has had 3 surgeries. And that's just in college. 

Stafford isn't taking Detroit anywhere, maybe not his fault, but he needs to go...Detroit needs a facelift in so many ways. If someone wants to pony up for Stafford on a trade then they should take it and grab Tua. Maybe Stafford gets them a 1st and a 2nd from the Pats....???? Do it and take Tua!!! 

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Stafford isn't taking Detroit anywhere, maybe not his fault, but he needs to go...Detroit needs a facelift in so many ways. If someone wants to pony up for Stafford on a trade then they should take it and grab Tua. Maybe Stafford gets them a 1st and a 2nd from the Pats....???? Do it and take Tua!!! 

If Stafford isn't then nobody is. He was playing at an All Pro level when he had to go on IR. He was on pace for 40 TDs and 10 INTs and had a 106 passer rating when they shut him down. Their offense looked good. But their defense was absolutely god awful. Worst in the NFL against the pass. They simply couldn't stop anyone. Hell, they couldn't even stop us when it mattered, and that's saying something. So you think a rookie QB is going to somehow come in and change that? Especially if they give up other draft picks to do it and don't do anything about their defense?

They aren't moving on from Stafford this year. They aren't going to trade up to 2 to get Tua and give us some magical trade where we get picks and still get Chase Young. You guys should probably just accept it. 

22 minutes ago, mistertim said:

If Stafford isn't then nobody is. He was playing at an All Pro level when he had to go on IR. He was on pace for 40 TDs and 10 INTs and had a 106 passer rating when they shut him down. Their offense looked good. But their defense was absolutely god awful. Worst in the NFL against the pass. They simply couldn't stop anyone. Hell, they couldn't even stop us when it mattered, and that's saying something. So you think a rookie QB is going to somehow come in and change that? Especially if they give up other draft picks to do it and don't do anything about their defense?

They aren't moving on from Stafford this year. They aren't going to trade up to 2 to get Tua and give us some magical trade where we get picks and still get Chase Young. You guys should probably just accept it. 

I have accepted it....but I'm not ruling it out. Teams do crazy things at the draft....unless you're on the inside of these organizations who knows what they'll do? I could see New England going hard after Stafford to cover up the loss of Brady. They have the connection there with Patricia in Detroit to get something done. So many factors....contracts, salary caps, intangibles, locker room stuff, leadership.....all things we have no clue about. Don't rule it out, but I'm not counting on it. 

3 hours ago, markmills67 said:

If Rivera wants to start again with a new QB, how would everybody on here feel if the Redskins drafted Tua?. 

HTTR 

It would be great if Tua is the player he was before all the injuries. 

OTOH, I would be very disappointed that Rivera found it necessary to draft Tua, thereby, losing out on Chase Young.  I just have this feeling that Young is going to live up to and maybe even exceed the hype.  I have visions of grandeur whenever I think about him being added to the defensive line.

On 2/28/2020 at 3:16 AM, markmills67 said:

If Rivera wants to start again with a new QB, how would everybody on here feel if the Redskins drafted Tua?. 

HTTR 

I wouldn't mind it so much as long as I knew Detroit would pick Young. I just DO NOT want NY to get Young.

Dude Isaiah Simmons ran  a 4.39 40-yard dash  as a linebacker safety hybrid. I know most of us are set on Chase young because we lack elite edge skills but man if that guy has any range ability to cover and can tackle could he compared to somebody like Ray Lewis? Cuz I think middle linebacker is more of a need for us than then Edge call me crazy if nothing else I think it made our pic more valuable. Which would be more valuable in Del Rio scheme I wonder

1 hour ago, Veretax said:

Dude Isaiah Simmons ran  a 4.39 40-yard dash  as a linebacker safety hybrid. I know most of us are set on Chase young because we lack elite edge skills but man if that guy has any range ability to cover and can tackle could he compared to somebody like Ray Lewis? Cuz I think middle linebacker is more of a need for us than then Edge call me crazy if nothing else I think it made our pic more valuable. Which would be more valuable in Del Rio scheme I wonder

I dont think you put him at MLB, more likely Will where he can move around

The talent on this current defensive roster is already up there compared to other teams and the potential is certainly already there -

Jonathan Allen, Daron Payne, Matt Ioannidis, Montez Sweat, Landon Collins, Reuben Foster, Ryan Kerrigan, Quinton Dunbar (if he stays)

However, I still believe they draft Young because I don't believe Miami or any other team jumps up with an offer (haul of picks) that knocks them over.

That said, the only way I'd trade down is have Miami work out a trade for Detroit's #3, keep threatening to draft Tua and then swap #2 with Miami and pickup a 2nd.  Don't see this happening but we'd still have the ability to take Young by dropping just 1 spot.

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

If Miami offered the Redskins all 3 1st round picks how many of you would take the trade?. 

HTTR 

if the plan is to take Tua or Burrow then no.

if the draft plan doesn’t involve taking a QB that high then yes that would be my minimum trade request in return for the #2 pick.

3 hours ago, Veretax said:

I don't want any hybrids.  To many don't work out in the NFL

Archived