Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

49 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Yeah, I’m tipsy too.  Our flight left Reykjavik today at 1PM est.  Caught a little sleep and then mashed a coffee driving home from Dulles.  Now I’m on #4…but it’s nice to be home.

Anyhoo…..did @Spaceman Spiffjust admit that he would quit his job and jerk-off on a webcam for a living for 8k a month?  Cause that’s not really that much money, my guy.

Not much money for who? Sheeeeet, let me have it. :rofl89:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Pop Base
@PopBase
Drake gives $50k to fan who attended his concert and held up a sign saying his girlfriend left him:

“I’ma give you 50 bands, so you gon’ flex on her tonight… **** that young lady.”

Edited by ixcuincle
  • Haha 3

I mentioned here about how Buzzette and I went to the Os game on her birthday and Ohearn said happy birthday to her.  Since then, I had been trying to come up with something special to mark the occasion.  I tried bidding on the lineup card from that night but got way outbid.  Saw a few other game used items but nothing that really jumped out at me.  Then I came across Ohearns game used first hit as an Oriole ball bought it up.  Then I wrote a nice personal letter to Ohearn about who I was, etc and about how he had made Buzzette's day.  I sent the ball and asked him to sign it for her birthday.  Just got it back today.  I haven't given it to her yet.  Making her wait until she gets off work but she knows she has a surprise waiting. 

20231004_150832.jpg

Edited by TheGreatBuzz
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 10

That's awesome, Buzz! 

I came home and told my husband "Thank you for my Valentine's gift!"  He looked stunned and went out to the Monte Carlo, because all I ever wanted was to have it properly detailed. 

Then he came back inside and I showed him the '79 Joe card, signed and authenticated, and he asked "What did that cost me?" 

It was $20, from someone selling it in the classifieds here on ES.  Great purchase. 

• Thumb up 1

On 9/30/2023 at 1:50 PM, Thinking Skins said:

So I figured I'd post this here for lack of a better place. But I found a nice site that has some things that I've gotta come back to. They're algorithms for kids. But the algorithm is seen as a book. Like Snowy Day. And they have the events in the book that have to be done. It's an interesting way of doing it because it's nothing but fundamental CS, but tied into the book itself so that they get to why they love the book. 

Cool stuff. 

Reveal hidden contents

The-Snowy-Day-Coding-Algorithm-Activity.png.bf8007315f19e18fab093b87856d1587.png

Just as a follow up. I think this is called graph paper programming. I've been doing it with my kids the past few nights, not book related, just random images and trying to recreate them (like a smiley face or something pixel art) but the main thing is the limitation of being able to go up down left or right and doing everything before being done. So these are dune if the images I did with them. 

fourByFours.png

Moving’s a pain in the ass. In my sisters new house now. No internet until Monday. No curtains yet, though think

my sister has someone installing blinds or something this weekend.  Now just have empty garage with all our stuff and the storage pod.image.png.dc2ad4bad579e4395e13aae6cf0a23f8.pngWe moved from a 3 bdrm to a 4 bdrm with an open kitchen/living rm and an office. My roommate will use half of office since he works from home and my sister will use other half. She’s a physician assistant and she may do telehealth in the future.

Only bad thing, there’s literally nothing here; not even a gas station. We’re 7 miles from anything.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1