Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

35 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

We don't talk football here but more as a matter of life overall, I am so glad we football people start the NFL season tonight!

I definitely need it. 😉

Forgive me for posting a music vid...but I'm feelin it...I've always been Anna Kendrick in this  :ols:

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I am speaking on a panel at a mortgage conference here in DC on Monday.  One of my co-panelists, who I've worked with before and is a great person, may not make it because his home is within the search radius of an escaped murderer in PA, so he understandably doesn't really want to leave his family. 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/08/us/danelo-cavalcante-inmate-search-pennsylvania-friday/index.html

• Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

My wife's best friend and college roommate just opened her own Chick Fil A.  It's downtown LA near 7th & Fig, a few blocks from Staples Center.  Entire process took over three years. 

She's the 6th black woman in America to become an owner/operator of a CFA. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 7

On 9/8/2023 at 12:56 PM, Chew said:

My wife's best friend and college roommate just opened her own Chick Fil A.  It's downtown LA near 7th & Fig, a few blocks from Staples Center.  Entire process took over three years. 

She's the 6th black woman in America to become an owner/operator of a CFA. 

Ask her when they going to make the spicy sammy spicy. Sammich got less kick than an infant in the womb. 

• Haha 2

Am I the asshole?

My work gave me a wireless mouse to use when in office that, predictably, runs off of AA batteries. So when it finally ran out and I asked where the replacement batteries are, I was told that they are kept under lock and key. Because people keep taking them.

Isn't that what batteries are for? To be used? 🤔

Edir..and yes it's possible I am for many other reasons but also are right in this particular point. Batteries are cheap, especially for a State agency that wastes $s left and right. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Am I the asshole?

My work gave me a wireless mouse to use when in office that, predictably, runs off of AA batteries. So when it finally ran out and I asked where the replacement batteries are, I was told that they are kept under lock and key. Because people keep taking them.

Isn't that what batteries are for? To be used? 🤔

Edir..and yes it's possible I am for many other reasons but also are right in this particular point. Batteries are cheap, especially for a State agency that wastes $s left and right. 

Are you the Asshole?  You're barely even in this story.  Did you pick the lock of the battery drawer and then jam a D-cell up the key-master's butthole or something?

• Haha 2

Is it really remote when everyones home?

Hi Dad, did you get that dirty diaper I emailed you about yet?

Do you have a minute to talk about a car repair we may need? *this is like getting a Teams message while on presenting in a Teams meeting

That's not part of the PI! We don't have enough points for that right now!!!

Putting myself on Do Not Disturb doesn't stop someone from knocking on my home office door because they can't message me with Do Not Disturb up on my Teams, either...

On 9/2/2023 at 7:01 AM, The 12th Commandment said:

Ordered a ball cap from the "official" team store.  What a horrid experience.  1st it selected expedited shipping for me so I cancelled the order.  2nd I chose cheaper shipping and it didn't give me the ten bucks off deal from the first order.  Wound up charging me more for slower shipping.  I'll take my damn hat and never order anything from those douchenozzles again.

Update:  leaving in three days for the Denver game and the mother ****ing hat still hasn't arrived.  Stuck for the last week in Carrollton TX, if UPS tracking is to be believed.  I'm going to wind up having to buy another one.

Stay away from Fanatics 

• Sad 1