Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

1 minute ago, China said:

Curious as to the cause of death.  The article doesn't say.  56 is pretty young.

She had reportedly struggled with mental health issues the past decade (as well as health issues, endometriosis) so sadly I suspect suicide (without actually knowing). 

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Have they not heard of the invention of e-mail?

People prioritize communication attempts differently.

I prioritize phonecalls and voice-mail over texts, teams Messages, or emails as I typically the latter group can wait given they were sent in that manner.

When I was on call, we had a process for turning alert emails into text messages and responsible for making sure we didn't miss them, mine was an air raid siren.

At my current my current position it's inappropriate to send an urgent email alone and expect immediate action in the context of all the emails we get.

People that know me know I hate sms so much ill leave phone in different places to avoid the sense of having to respond to every sound my phone makes.  I'm not the one to do Chapter book short message service conversations with, jus because our technology allows it means nothing to me.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I've been informed by my younger colleagues that use of a voice call is considered "an escalation."

Needless to say, I call them as much as possible or just show up in their actual office doorway.  

Our contractors are truly blessed to be fully remote post-COVID...

"So this is where you're hiding your office is located...good to know..."

1 minute ago, PokerPacker said:

Indeed.  My prioritization goes: Don't leave me a voice mail.  In fact, you can't, because my voicemail is full and I'm not cleaning it out.

Lolz, I sometimes hesitate to delete voice-mail from my mom, sister, or wife...something very analog about it...but that's jus me...I spent 4 months with a flip phone earlier this year only to accept that world is gone and left behind now...

I haven't been in job market in a while...do employers still call to try to setup interviews?

The cyber job that got me back to DC I didn't see a single face (not even a video call) until I was signing a W-4 then doing orientation...but they didn't text me to see if I was interested...

27 minutes ago, China said:

You sure they're not spider bites?

That is true 🕷 No I am not sure. Mosquitos, however, seem to have an affinity for me, plus they itch, so I can only assume. Last time I was at a lake a few weeks ago I got three big ol bites. I believe I read once mosquitos are attracted to certain blood types, I must have what they like.

Well, if you're under covers, it's harder for mosquitos to get to you, but spiders crawl under covers all the time.  My experience has been that you can hear the mosquitos when they are flying near your head, but you never notice spiders.

• Thumb up 1