Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Have you SEEN the video for Danger Zone?  It's immaculate.  I was gonna post it here but then I remember some rule about no music videos in this thread and @Jumbois already grumpy enough so you'll have to find it on your own.

It's one of the more 80s videos ever and that's saying something.

Lmao. Do you read this thread? It's littered with music videos. I just get tired off having to play groundhog day in here with the terminally self indulgent . On the other hand, it means any time TK or I decide it's necessary we have a lot of ammo to use on many a culprit. 😈👹💩

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

Kirk Cousins stalker and our resident 15 year old in a 50's body.

Man, it sounds pretty great when you put it that way.

Anyhoo…I’ve just been informed that the 2002 MX-5 Miata actually comes with a 142hp engine, not 130 as I earlier stated.

So, I stand corrected.

• Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Beep boop, I'm a bot.

It looks like you've posted a Google AMP link. Here is the normal link to the article.

AMP is a proprietary walled garden which benefits Google and hurts everyone else. It is destroying the open web through anti-competitive violation of standards.

It is bad for publishers because it forces them to duplicate development effort, and prevents differentiation and customisation. It also allows Google to watch you even after you've left their search results page.

(Shamelessly copied/pasted text from reddit google amp bot)

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/17/2023 at 7:31 PM, PokerPacker said:

Beep boop, I'm a bot.

It looks like you've posted a Google AMP link. Here is the normal link to the article.

AMP is a proprietary walled garden which benefits Google and hurts everyone else. It is destroying the open web through anti-competitive violation of standards.

It is bad for publishers because it forces them to duplicate development effort, and prevents differentiation and customisation. It also allows Google to watch you even after you've left their search results page.

(Shamelessly copied/pasted text from reddit google amp bot)

I read the article and their main gripe is that an amp page served by google gives the page more credence (according to the author, which personally I think is a naive assumption) and that amp websites restrict your design choices (which I would count as a positive, since the less complex your website is the better it will function accross multiple platforms)…

Dunno.

4 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

How is Brian May the only one of those four that was knighted? 

Maybe May was the only one that was gentlemanly enough? Not sure with Beck. Page & Clapton both has drug/alcohol/women problems. Don't hear too much controversy surrounding Brian May.

Edited by CRobi21
  • Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

She clearly didn't know who Jimmy Page was either. Watching May explain Page was in Led Zeppelin to the Queen. 🤣

How is Brian May the only one of those four that was knighted? 

You can actually turn down the honor.  Although there is no evidence that any of them were offered and declined.  But others, such as David Bowie, have declined.

Link

• Thumb up 1

On 1/17/2023 at 6:39 PM, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Can the worlds oldest person ever die?

If you’re dead you’re no longer the worlds oldest person. The person still getting his diapers changed and feeding tube adjusted is….

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/17/europe/france-oldest-person-world-dies-intl/index.html