Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

Also, I find it funny again that now it's a east coast, west coast issue and the rest of the country needs to move on..... Same parallels with the opiod crises.. When it was hitting the urban areas, that's was their problem and they needed to be more responsible.. As soon as it hits the Midwest,.. Oh no it's the opiod crisis, we need to invest billions of dollars in tackling this situation bcos its finally hitting Joe schmoe in bum**** Nebraska.... When this virus hits the Midwest hard it isn't going to be pretty. 

Edited by killerbee99
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, killerbee99 said:

Also, I find it funny again that now it's a easy coast west coast issue and the rest of the country needs to move on..... Same parallels with the opiod crises.. When it was hitting the urban areas, that's was their problem and they needed to be more responsible.. As soon as it hits the Midwest,.. Oh no it's the opiod crisis, we need to invest billions of dollars in tackling this situation bcos its finally hitting Joe schmoe in bum**** Nebraska.... When this virus hits the Midwest hard it isn't going to be pretty. 

This is going to be a culling for the ages

Confined ... to work: in a Tunisian factory, 150 people, mostly workers, have locked themselves up with enough to live in near self-sufficiency, in order to continue to make masks and protections for caregivers fighting against the new coronavirus

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 4

I knew I was right about those masks. People were running around trying to say they didnt work.  Fauci told Steph Curry they were 50% effective.  Now, he made up that number as a very rough estimate, but he didnt say they were useless.  Call me crazy, but 50% seems worthwhile to me.  The issue was the hoarding and the priority of who needed them, not that they were a waste of time, which is what you heard when this first started and folks were buying them up.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, killerbee99 said:

Also, I find it funny again that now it's a easy coast west coast issue and the rest of the country needs to move on..... Same parallels with the opiod crises.. When it was hitting the urban areas, that's was their problem and they needed to be more responsible.. As soon as it hits the Midwest,.. Oh no it's the opiod crisis, we need to invest billions of dollars in tackling this situation bcos its finally hitting Joe schmoe in bum**** Nebraska.... When this virus hits the Midwest hard it isn't going to be pretty. 

No its not the same parallels. Someone doing heroin is a dip**** that deserves the Darwin prize of dying. Someone catching covid touched the wrong door handle 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

No its not the same parallels. Someone doing heroin is a dip**** that deserves the Darwin prize of dying. Someone catching covid touched the wrong door handle 

Thats not how it works.

Profit-driven over-prescribing was the foundation for the opioid crisis.

And profit-driven under-preparation is the foundation for the COVID crisis.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 8

18 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I knew I was right about those masks. People were running around trying to say they didnt work.  Fauci told Steph Curry they were 50% effective.  Now, he made up that number as a very rough estimate, but he didnt say they were useless.  Call me crazy, but 50% seems worthwhile to me.  The issue was the hoarding and the priority of who needed them, not that they were a waste of time, which is what you heard when this first started and folks were buying them up.  

Problem is people aren't differentiating between normal scrub masks versus industrial N95 masks.

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Thats not how it works.

Profit-driven over-prescribing was the foundation for the opioid crisis.

And profit-driven under-preparation is the foundation for the COVID crisis.

I still don't buy the painkillers turned into the heroin thing. There was a heroin crisis long before the painkiller run. Sure there lots of cases, but the vast majority weren't hooked on pain killers before trying heroin. It was just something their friends said "try this, youll like it"

25 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

Talking about the responses to the pandemic.. Not the actual pandemic... Of course drug use and catching a virus aren't the same.. But the responses are looking pretty damn similar right now

5 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

I still don't buy the painkillers turned into the heroin thing. There was a heroin crisis long before the painkiller run. Sure there lots of cases, but the vast majority weren't hooked on pain killers before trying heroin. It was just something their friends said "try this, youll like it"

Cool story, bro.

https://apnews.com/0ced46b203864d8fa6b8fda6bd97b60e

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

Someone doing heroin is a dip**** that deserves the Darwin prize of dying.

as worded, that comment suggests a deliberate ignorance of the matter

and bonus time--you wrapped it in a callously shallow summation and then shared that ugly ignorance assertively :)  

way to internet forum :D

(the harshness is only to what i quoted...and it doesn't align with the gibbit i know from the stadium:))

• Thanks 1

Just now, killerbee99 said:

Talking about the responses to the pandemic.. Not the actual pandemic... Of course drug use and catching a virus aren't the same.. But the responses are looking pretty damn similar right now

not really man. Its the shock and awe the media can produce. The heroin epidemic is shock and awe with the media...a white girl straight a student dies ...that's a story. This coronavirus **** is simply where it is. Its going to pass through new York and cali they will get back to normal.....then Midwest will blow up and they will go on lockdown, till they get back to normal

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

as worded, that comment suggests a deliberate ignorance of the matter

and bonus time--you wrapped it in a callously shallow summation and then shared that ugly ignorance assertively :)  

way to internet forum :D

(the harshness is only to what i quoted...and it doesn't align with the gibbit i know from the stadium:))

Ive had it cut out in front of me and handed the rolled up bill, Ive had friends die. I grew up through my teens and early 20s with everyone doing it. I don't feel sorry for them. Its a choice

Edited by Gibbit