Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

Peter Navarro on CNN trying to blame Obama for Trump Admin being unprepared ...... lol... Trump been president since 2017....Dude is a scumbag, this Admin was unprepared, could have been ramping up as soon as late Jan... But the scum bag, dotard in chief called it a hoax

Edited by killerbee99
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, London Kev said:

They just showed the NY Governor (Andrew Cumou?) on British TV, giving a statement about the virus. He first gave the facts and then gave his own personal take on it.

It wasn't good news and he didn't pull any punches, but he came over as very sincere, intelligent and articulate.

Why the **** isn't this guy President?

Well, if Joe hasn't locked up 1991 before the convention; we will go to a contested convention. Plenty of time then, if that happens, for Andrew to be the 2020 nominee instead of a future nominee. 

Too bad, they aren't too many leaders like Cuomo, Newsome during this emergency.

kinda interesting thread

pop density and mass transit in the NYC area might make a big difference, as well as the late effort at mitigation.

of course the testing level difference might be giving a false impression

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, killerbee99 said:

Peter Navarro on CNN trying to blame Obama for Trump Admin being unprepared ...... lol... Trump been president since 2017....Dude is a scumbag, this Admin was unprepared, could have been ramping up as soon as late Jan... But the scum bag, dotard in chief called it a hoax

the trump admin, with few exceptions, like the gopers in congress, have all been scummy...at that level especially...it's a sentiment without chance for realization, but i usually have only the worst wishes for them all

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Coronavirus: Professor Raoult threatened with death for his comments on chloroquine

In 2006 he said : "Our state of readiness for a viral epidemic (...) is very bad." Link

Edit: government said there will be 10000 tests available every day, in the mean time in Germany they do 500000 per week

Update: Professor Annane (Paris) just said he treated successfully 30 people with chloroquine without side effects

Edited by FrFan

I sense a lot of folks are just waiting for everything to go back to normal (not necessarily here).  Instead we all have to realize that this may be the normal for a while and this country needs to change (or prepare to do so) the way it does things for some time to come.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, visionary said:

Instead we all have to realize that this may be the normal for a while and this country needs to change (or prepare to do so) the way it does things for some time to come.  

but i want my, i want my, i want my mtv 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, twa said:

kinda interesting thread

pop density and mass transit in the NYC area might make a big difference, as well as the late effort at mitigation.

of course the testing level difference might be giving a false impression

Newsome and Garcetti have been super aggressive when it comes to shutting things down and they are not going to open things up anytime soon. Schools are already shut down until May 1st, for example. They know you can not get comfortable with this virus. They are both doing a tremendous job and man, I was no fan of Garcetti going into this.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, visionary said:

I sense a lot of folks are just waiting for everything to go back to normal (not necessarily here).  Instead we all have to realize that this may be the normal for a while and this country needs to change (or prepare to do so) the way it does things for some time to come.  

I've told my family members the same.  This "are we there yet?" attitude does not help us right now.  It's actually pretty obnoxious.  Mentally and physically prepare for three months at least.  Stay calm.  Stay home.  Stay sharp.

• Like 6

This is from a good friend of mine:  www.checkforcorona.com

For the past 2 weeks, my project team and I have been developing a COVID-19 screening software.  The tool serves in two ways: 1) helps focus healthcare resources on patients that really need help, and 2) calms fears and reduces demand on the healthcare system from people who are unlikely to need immediate assistance or testing.  My team is working remotely from various different locations to integrate the application with healthcare and governmental agencies’ back-end systems, starting with the agencies in Houston/Harris County, TX.  We are doing this pro-bono. 

A freestanding version of the screener is now available at CheckForCorona.  (A freestanding version not integrated with any city, state, or hospital, etc.)  The tool leads you through questions relevant to COVID-19 and navigates you through the logic to reach guidance on your symptoms.  The tool does NOT collect any personal information, although optionally sharing your zip code helps gather data on the potential level of exposure per region.  (Please note that just because you don’t have symptoms does not mean you are not infected.)

This is the *only* tool that is "official" using the up-to-date information on COVID-19.  For example, for the Houston/ Harris County site launch (launched this Monday), my software project team (a collaboration of Luminare, Inc. and Cognitect, Inc.) has worked with doctors, nurses, city officials, state officials, call-centers, testing sites, police officers, judges, first responders, the Feds, Microsoft, etc. just to launch Houston/ Harris County.  The next site is Fort Bend County, TX and more cities, hospitals, universities, etc. coming.  I sincerely hope NC (or at least Raleigh) can get on board with this as we do not have a reliable tool in our region guiding our public and reducing unnecessary demand on our healthcare workers.  Not to mention we do not want to waste any test kits while our country has so little of it.   

Edited by daveakl
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I've told my family members the same.  This "are we there yet?" attitude does not help us right now.  It's actually pretty obnoxious.  Mentally and physically prepare for three months at least.  Stay calm.  Stay home.  Stay sharp.

Agreed.  Some our business clients are like "Yeah, when this is over in a few weeks we'll figure it out..."  And I'm like...dude, part of your work is in LA, are you kidding?

This just popped up in my Apple News:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/v74n8a/15-chilling-photos-of-la-as-a-ghost-town

1585169337969-DSC04617.jpeg?resize=1575:

1585169439169-DSC04648.jpeg?resize=1575:

1585169772852-DSC04697.jpeg?resize=1575:

More at the link above. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, visionary said:

It won't be mad max different, but you are absolutely right. 

When the Great Recession ended, as climatic as it was(speaking as one if these who also ended up homeless), things looked relatively familiar after a couple years. 

No, this...this is more like living in DC pre-9/11 vs post-9/11, old enough to remember that.

Normal will be different, what we consider normal will be different.

Edited by Renegade7