Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

South Side Woman Dubbed 'Chicago Bonnie' Is The Internet's New Hero For How She Responded To Woman Telling Her The Pandemic Is A 'Hoax'  

>>>

We live in crazy times—and not just because we have an actual pandemic going and we're all locked in our homes for God knows how long.

There are also people who think the entire thing is a hoax, from people saying the Chinese released the virus on purpose, to right-wing pundits—and, God help us, the President himself—saying the pandemic is just another left-wing attempt at undermining the Trump Administration.<<<<

• Like 1

1 hour ago, China said:

I know the numbers are off, but what astounds me is the number of "recovered" patients.  The US, China and Italy each have more than 80,000 confirmed cases, yet China has more than 60,000 recovered, Italy more than 10,000 recovered and the US has fewer than 1,000 recovered.  

Part of that's time, though.  China started sooner, so they have more people recovered.  

9 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Edit: Fact checking shows that 18036 was the confirmed amount of deaths. We're already passed that.

???

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that swine flu infected nearly 61 million people in the United States and caused 12,469 deaths. 2 Worldwide, up to 575,400 people died from pandemic swine flu.3

https://www.verywellhealth.com/what-is-h1n1-swine-flu-770496

2 hours ago, China said:

I know the numbers are off, but what astounds me is the number of "recovered" patients.  The US, China and Italy each have more than 80,000 confirmed cases, yet China has more than 60,000 recovered, Italy more than 10,000 recovered and the US has fewer than 1,000 recovered.  

Recovered numbers generally have to pass the 14 day mark once infected so should start to see those numbers increase as we approached the next few days since things really started to spike about 10 days ago