Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

4 minutes ago, twa said:

last I checked I didn't mention him,nor is he in charge of it now.

are you absolving him?

LOL, this, along with the clown comments regarding alt. energy are typical from you. "Quick, let's look for scapegoats that are totally nonsensical and not blame the horrendous fiscal policy of the party I will support no matter what. Tax cuts for all, everything else be damned."

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

LOL, this, along with the clown comments regarding alt. energy are typical from you. "Quick, let's look for scapegoats that are totally nonsensical and not blame the horrendous fiscal policy of the party I will support no matter what. Tax cuts for all, everything else be damned."

It also kind of ignore the fact that Obama made an agency who's specialty was exactly this and then Trump gutted it (in part to fund those tax cuts).  I'd say that absolves Obama pretty distinctly.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, twa said:

gonna be a lot of tax deductions now

Which will, in effect,  allow the federal government to pay part of the financial costs of this disease.  If the person makes enough.  And a higher percentage, the more money he makes.  

Edited by Larry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

^Jerry Falwell Jr alone is going to cause us to lose our childcare... ugh. (mother in law watches kids and lives right out Lynchburg. Planning on having her stay home once the local outbreak reaches a certain point.)

Edited by skinsfan_1215

1 hour ago, redskins59 said:

The abstract that I posted above actually is a Chinese study, not Indian.  

Ah, saw India at the top of the one tweet and assumed the bottom was the results out of India.

Then we're getting mixed results out of China, which isn't good either.

There goes my being hopeful in a few weeks we'll be in better shape to start re-open things.

Edited by PeterMP

What's Jerry Junior's motive, here?  

Does he personally profit enough from reopening the school to make the money enough to justify knowingly spreading disease worth it?  

Is it just loyalty to Team Red?  

He's got to know that his actions are going to kill people.  (In fact, his actions are quite obviously intended to start a wave of evil, that will kill thousands.)  What's he get out of the deal, that makes it worth that?  What's his "pro" that's worth that "con"?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Larry said:

Does he personally profit enough from reopening the school to make the money enough to justify knowingly spreading disease worth it?  

He's got to know that his actions are going to kill people.  (In fact, his actions are quite obviously intended to start a wave of evil, that will kill thousands.)  What's he get out of the deal, that makes it worth that?  What's his "pro" that's worth that "con"?  

He owns a lot of businesses that “do business” with the university. It’s the Falwell’s own personal financial empire. 

Under Falwell Jr., Liberty University has come under scrutiny for its authoritarian control over employees and students, for its nepotism toward Falwell family-owned businesses in the school's investments, and for the increasing influence of Falwell's wife Becki in school affairs.”

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Larry said:

I will point out that I'm not sure that some people haven't started to believe their own rhetoric.  The human mind is a powerful thing and if you tell yourself something often enough, you can start to believe it.

You tell yourself over and over that liberals are liars that hate the US and will do anything to see it destroyed, you will start to believe it, even in the context of ignoring evidence right in front of you.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 2

In a follow-up post published Monday, Prof. Epstein concedes his estimates were off and that US deaths will be 4-5x higher

Actually, if you keep reading, he increases his death estimate by a factor of 4-5, and then immediately states that it's probably still low.  (And then announces that he's sticking by his original BS claim, anyway:  Public health decisions should be made by the owners and managers of individual businesses.)

• Sad 1

The numbers I was hearing about death counts were if we did nothing, but we are doing a lot.  What do experts think the death toll is going to most likely be? 10k? even if trump says it’s time to move in, most states where the pandemic is most widespread aren’t able to open up and most of their demographic doesn’t trust the president...

10 minutes ago, Larry said:

As of 2017 Liberty had 94,000 online students compared to 15,000 on Campus. He has the ability to keep everyone at home and continue teaching while actually giving a **** about people's safety but he wants to kiss Trump ass and have his Colonel Jessup moment, making a decision because he can and won't be questioned

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Well, trolling is one of the most recession-proof jobs these days so who's gonna be laughing in a few weeks?

• Like 2

I recall 8-10 days ago there was a belief that cases would double every 6 days. Based on that theory, we've seen a 667% increase from March 16th to March 22nd:

3/16    4,466 cases with 87 deaths (1.95% death rate)

3/22   34,276 cases with 413 deaths (1.20% death rate)

The next 6 day period shows:

3/17    6,135 cases with 111 deaths (1.81% death rate)

3/23  42,663 cases with 541 deaths (1.27% death rate)

A 595% increase.

So, yeah, open your university, dumbass. Things are getting better. Just make sure you don't use the healthcare available in Lynchburg. Maybe have a prayer circle jerk to cure the sick. Oh, and don't forget to charge them an entry fee for it.

Edited by EmirOfShmo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

Well, trolling is one of the most recession-proof jobs these days so who's gonna be laughing in a few weeks?

is it trolling to mention priorities?

but since you requested it , good job on voting for Trump in the primary. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Larry said:

GOP is scared they are going to lose big in elections cause the economy. Seems to be a coordinated effort of Trumpers to get people back to work to have a better chance to win. The negative side effects will be dismissed for the greater good. 

• Like 1

Advanced issue found

😐

44 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:
The Trump administration is set to use the Defense Production Act for the first time in the coronavirus pandemic for about 60,000 coronavirus test kits, as health workers face severe shortages https://on.wsj.com/2xhY4gO

Wow, they finally figured it out. I wonder how many will die because they were so late in recognizing that there was a problem.