Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

It will work just fine if it's your backup TE and nothing is on the line.

Otherwise expect a whole helluva lot of drama, fan complaints, and conspiracy theories.

Who cares? It's sports...it's entertainment. Don't most NBA fans already believe the lottery is rigged each year? I don't see any reason why you avoid having a season because some star players may miss time due to the virus. Assume it WILL happen and go for it. 

I will say that if you believe it'll be out of control or a huge danger, that's different. 

Texas Governor Says 'No Reason Today To Be Alarmed' As Coronavirus Cases Set Record

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott announced on Tuesday the state's highest-ever number of new COVID-19 cases: 2,622.

He also reported a second record high: 2,518 people hospitalized with the virus in Texas, up from 2,326 a day earlier.

Despite the concerning uptick in people sick with the virus, Abbott said that the reason for his news conference was to let Texans know about the "abundant" hospital capacity for treating people with COVID-19. He and other officials spent much of the briefing touting the state's hospital bed availability.

Click on the link for the full article

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Like 1

So watching the Fulton County DA's press conference I was struck by the man in the background whose mask wasn't covering his nose. 

Why you MUST wear a mask that covers your nose: Study finds coronavirus can infect nostrils MUCH more easily than the throat and lungs

Wearing a mask that covers both your mouth and nose is crucial to protecting yourself (and others) from coronavirus, because the nostrils are particularly vulnerable to infection, new research shows. 

Although its coronavirus's devastating effects on the lungs that land patients in the ICU, University of North Carolina (UNC) scientists found that the virus typically first lodges itself in the tissue inside the nose and travels down the respiratory tract from there. 

The virus does not establish itself or make copies of itself as well in the throat, but can make its way from the nose into the lungs of some people at night while they sleep. 

12 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Who cares? It's sports...it's entertainment. Don't most NBA fans already believe the lottery is rigged each year? I don't see any reason why you avoid having a season because some star players may miss time due to the virus. Assume it WILL happen and go for it. 

I will say that if you believe it'll be out of control or a huge danger, that's different. 

Well for starters, the NBA lottery being rigged never put anyone's health and even life in danger. So there's that.

Second, if half the Packers' defense ends up testing positive after playing the Chiefs and only Mahomes tests positive after playing the Packers, the conspiracy theories of Mahomes' test results being hidden until after the game because the playoffs were on the line or some **** like that there will flood the valley...and half of it will come from players themselves.

Third, more safeguards will be needed than just continuous testing and a 2-week layoff for players who test positive. It would almost have to be self-quarantine for the entirety of the season...because it's not about preventing deaths, it's about protecting NFL assets and avoiding financial liability if things go south even a little bit.

I have legit doubts that "stay home for 2 weeks" for NFL players will be a panacea that smooths everything over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Well for starters, the NBA lottery being rigged never put anyone's health and even life in danger. So there's that.

Second, if half the Packers' defense ends up testing positive after playing the Chiefs and only Mahomes tests positive after playing the Packers, the conspiracy theories of Mahomes' test results being hidden until after the game because the playoffs were on the line or some **** like that there will flood the valley...and half of it will come from players themselves.

Third, more safeguards will be needed than just continuous testing and a 2-week layoff for players who test positive. It would almost have to be self-quarantine for the entirety of the season...because it's not about preventing deaths, it's about protecting NFL assets and avoiding financial liability if things go south even a little bit.

I have legit doubts that "stay home for 2 weeks" for NFL players will be a panacea that smooths everything over.

Sorry, I think I misunderstood your earlier point. I thought that you meant making someone sit out for 2 weeks wouldn't fly (as in, people won't stand for it). To that I was saying who cares and let the fans have their conspiracy theories...they will still tune in. People think the game is rigged with injuries and **** like that already. 

If you're saying they'll need to be more vigilant, then I'm fine with that. Assuming fair play by the league, I'd sign up for any modification to the injury rules needed to have football. If there's a testing/quarantine/prevention protocol that can make it happen I'm in. But, as I said, if the league can't come up with something safe and believe that lives will be at stake, then obviously they need to do the right thing. 

Mayor Jane Castor announces mandatory mask order for Tampa

Saying that the community needs leadership, Mayor Jane Castor announced Thursday, in the midst of a county discussion on a mandatory mask policy, that she would order Tampa residents to wear masks.

“If we wear masks, we can put an end to this spread. That is the bottom line,” Castor said at Hillsborough County’s Emergency Policy Group meeting.

The order will take effect at 5 p.m. Friday and apply to all indoor locations outside the home when residents are unable to maintain a six-foot separation from others, Castor later added during a Facebook Live appearance.

The order would be enforced in the last resort with a civil citation. Children under 2 would be exempt. And the city would provide masks to whoever needs one, she said.

https://www.11alive.com/mobile/article/news/health/coronavirus/ga-nurses-file-lawsuit-against-athens-hospital/85-69de7fcf-0959-45fa-bf25-61385230fe84?fbclid=IwAR2yD9dYk4qQCdiWCRn_SkHz90AE9FcL8XGwuAyDdTzMAjWW_Ncn6_KC5Ws

Georgia nurses accuse hospital of manipulating COVID-19 test results

The lawsuit filed against Landmark Hospital in Athens has many allegations including nurses being instructed to swab incorrectly to give false results.

• Sad 1

Trump is too dumb to realize it, but this tragedy is going to enfeeble the country on every level.

Some countries will try to rise to the occasion to take the leadership and knock US out of first place. Be it politically, or militarilly...