Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

I am not sure if you just hate China that much or you are trying to provide excuses for this administration. I am leaning to intense hate for China because it at least appears you are not a fan of the trump administration at all. You know there are real people over there. People like us who want to eat, sleep, have families, go on vacations, etc. It's not some evil empire where the entire population is out to get us. 

I have nothing against the Chinese people who themselves are victims of the Chinese Communist Party. But the CCP is as close to an “evil empire” that currently exists in the world. There isn’t a more authoritarian, racist and genocidal political entity in the world than the CCP.

The entire world is paying a steep price for their surveillance state that suppresses dissent and curtails peoples basic freedoms to an unimaginable extent. Because in a hypothetical democratic and free China, we would have heard from Chinese doctors and scientists as early as November about an emerging SARS like illness. The entire world, including the WHO, was shutout from a factual understanding of SARS-Cov2 in the most critical period of time for containing a new viral outbreak.

I have no interest in excuse making for the deadly incompetence of the Trump buffoons and I really have no interest in the downplaying of the CCP’s gross negligence and trampling of human rights that we are all paying for now.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 11

2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

what i wanna know is why the **** we only getting one check

do you know how many people in this country have filed for unemployment?

do you really think one 1200 dollar check is going to help them?

gimme more money

You are irrelevant.  You aren't human.  Only corporations are people and they must receive all the monies. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Walked by Jonathan Falwell at Walmart the other day. He didn't have a mask. He looked pretty rough though. He seems like a nice guy at least. If it was Jerry Jr, I'd probably have called him an asshole as I walked by. 

Ask him about his pool boy if you see him.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, No Excuses said:

The entire world is paying a steep price for their surveillance state that suppresses dissent and curtails peoples basic freedoms to an unimaginable extent. 

No, the world is paying a steep price for doing large scale business with a "surveillance state that suppresses dissent and curtails peoples basic freedoms to an unimaginable extent".  If China was economically isolated (like it was going back into the 1960s and much of the 1970s and even partly into the 1980s and early 1990s), this wouldn't probably be an issue.  The rest of the world (lead by the US) decided that the money that could be made in the Chinese market was too important to pass up.  Full well knowing what China was (and it isn't like this is the first time China has poorly communicated issues like this.  It is par for the course for them.

If you do business with the devil, then you are going to pay the price eventually.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Damn, I just learned something!

Wasn't aware that Detroit, Baltimore and Atlanta had less than 1M residents...

That's just one county in ATL (Fulton). The "metro area" is technically comprised of 15 counties. 

Edit, add: I think I might be off on that. I'll check. 

Edited by skinsmarydu

New cases are coming in at about the same rate as yesterday, which would mean a fourth day in a row of flattening and deceleration. Yesterday we had around 27,000 new cases after a couple of days at 30,000, down from a peak of 33,000. With another 5 hours to report before GMT+0 and all of the tracking sites reset, we are at 23,000 for today.

We could be entering a phase similar to what Italy experienced at the end of March. On March 31, Italy had a 39% drop in new cases from their previous peak, but experienced their second highest day for new deaths. There was a great deal of frustration at the lack of progress from social distancing. Two weeks later, Italy is 52% below their case peak and 39% below their peak for deaths.

I said it a couple weeks ago, but this April is going to be one of the deadliest and darkest months in American history. That does not mean there won't be signs of recovery though. If you're fortunate enough to be healthy right now, keep yourself and those around you safe and focus on productive news and self improvement. We've got another month or so of shelter in place here in California, but that just means we're in the back 9. I wish all of you the best as you grapple with the physical, mental and economic fallout of this pandemic.

Stay strong.

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, PeterMP said:

No, the world is paying a steep price for doing large scale business with a "surveillance state that suppresses dissent and curtails peoples basic freedoms to an unimaginable extent".  If China was economically isolated (like it was going back into the 1960s and much of the 1970s and even partly into the 1980s and early 1990s), this wouldn't probably be an issue.  The rest of the world (lead by the US) decided that the money that could be made in the Chinese market was too important to pass up.  Full well knowing what China was (and it isn't like this is the first time China has poorly communicated issues like this.  It is par for the course for them.

If you do business with the devil, then you are going to pay the price eventually.

I agree, although China has taken a far more draconian turn under Xi Jinping than previous leaders.

4 hours ago, KAOSkins said:

Frankly, I find this unhealthily cynical.  On a national level it's true to be sure but on the state level, the local level and the neighborhood level, I see people taking care of each other and pitching in, in a way I have never seen in my 50+ years.

I wish I shared your optimism.  Haven't seen that play out around here yet.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

This is going to be more commonplace in the coming weeks as home deaths and nursing home deaths are counted up.

I can only think the real (approximate) number will be derived from comparing how many more died from ‘multiple illness’ compared to prior years. Those certifying death are already being accused of having ulterior motives when listing COVID-19 where death occurs with relevant symptoms, but a test has not been performed.

Edited by Corcaigh

Not sure why I tune into these pressers or campaign rallies everyday, just listening to this psychopath raises my blood pressure.  He is setting this up to where the CEO’s of the largest US companies are going to apply pressure on the governors to open and open fast.  

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1