Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

There are going to be a lot more protests as unemployment rises and people see the tragedy that is our social safety net programs and the systems that disburse it.

I get why people are feeling frustrated enough to go out and protest. They're taking it out on the wrong people however.

And they'll be taking it out on even more of the wrong people once they pick up COVID-19 from infected people who undoubtedly are at that protest; they'll then pass it along to others, including family members, who may get critically ill or even die. Way to go, jackwagons. 

57 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

It's sad how we've all forgotten the pandemics of COVID 1-18.

I'm just waiting for COVID-69, personally. 

d16716175d5c2737fa04886a93423a8d.jpg

23 minutes ago, visionary said:

Holy ****. We have blue state governors who literally have to hide their incoming medical supplies from the federal government so it doesn't get hijacked and likely sent to red states favored by Trump.

21 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

muh lawncare

My favorite was the lady at the end complaining about not being able to get her grey hair dyed at the salon. 

1362599_02bcdea730.jpg

16 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

What is this guy even talking about? I was in Home Depot the other day. If you're that concern about your lawn you can still go there.

Michigan is forbidding the sale of non essential items, such as seeds for gardening.  

they will let you sell lottery tickets though 😀

• Haha 1

This seem like the type of email that would go directly to the spam folder.

11 minutes ago, twa said:

Michigan is forbidding the sale of non essential items, such as seeds for gardening. 

Quick Google fact check

While the governor is now requiring that large stores cut off some sections of stores concerning gardening and home improvement, these supplies can still be bought online. We rate this claim false because it is not supported by our research.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/04/14/fact-check-michigans-gretchen-whitmer-didnt-ban-flag-plant-sales/2990476001/

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Holy ****. We have blue state governors who literally have to hide their incoming medical supplies from the federal government so it doesn't get hijacked and likely sent to red states favored by Trump.

We need video of the feds seizing these shipments. I want it to happen. 

• Like 2

Just now, twa said:

can you buy it in the store like you mentioned?

It might surprise you that some people don't shop online

Well i guess they better ****ing learn.

Easier to cry and scream, i guess.

~Bang

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

What is this guy even talking about? I was in Home Depot the other day. If you're that concern about your lawn you can still go there.

I darted in last week for an $8 can of acetone to soak my nails off. 

It took me longer to navigate the in/out doors than it did to find my can of crap & self-pay.

So are the Feds going to "pre-empt" state orders? I.e.  let's say that you sell trinkets (a non-essential item) in a state like CA which will have public health orders shutting down non-essential business till mid may. Could the feds be angling to protect your "constititional rights"? 

10 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

So are the Feds going to "pre-empt" state orders? I.e.  let's say that you sell trinkets (a non-essential item) in a state like CA which will have public health orders shutting down non-essential business till mid may. Could the feds be angling to protect your "constititional rights"? 

Keep yourself safe. That's what it's coming down to. 

11 minutes ago, visionary said:
26 minutes ago, visionary said:

So people are passing away and there are probably new cases coming up everyday, but Drumpf wants to re-open the country.  What a selfish, pathetic excuse for a president and a human being.

• Like 4

‘It Really Is the Perfect Storm’: Coronavirus Comes for Rural America

Dr. Howard Leibrand has had two very different medical careers—29 years as an emergency room physician, then 12 as an addiction therapist. The challenge he’s facing now, as the novel coronavirus slams bucolic Skagit County, Washington, where he lives and works, is like both rolled into one. Covid-19 has struck fast and hard, like the car crashes and mishaps that send victims to the ER. And like opiate addiction, it has spread stealthily through the heartland, even as it was dismissed as a distant, urban problem.

“One of the negatives of living in a rural community is you think it protects you somehow,” says Leibrand, who for years has also been the health officer—a sort of local surgeon general—of the county, a sprawling expanse of rich alluvial farmland, exurban bedroom communities and steep Cascade peaks midway between Seattle and Vancouver, British Columbia. “We get a little bit cavalier, a little lazy about social distancing.” On April 1, Governor Kristi Noem of South Dakota—one of five states, all in the central heartland, without stay-at-home orders—defended her decision to leave South Dakotans “free to exercise their rights to work, to worship, and to play” by saying, “South Dakota is not New York City, and our sense of personal responsibility, our resiliency and our already sparse population density put us in a great position to manage this virus” without resorting to the “draconian” measures taken elsewhere.

Complacency is fast fading, however, as rural residents realize that, far from being immune, they may be uniquely vulnerable when the epidemic reaches them. Even as Noem spoke, Covid-19 was spreading at a Sioux Falls meatpacking plant that subsequently closed after more than 300 workers fell sick, and local officials across the state begged her to issue shutdown and shelter-in-place orders.

As of press time, all but one of Washington’s 39 counties, most of them rural, had reported Covid-19 cases. Nationwide, more than two-thirds of rural counties had confirmed cases as of April 6, a New York Times analysis found, and across rural America, the per capita infection rate “was more than double what it was six days earlier.” That’s as fast as or faster than recent increases in Chicago, Miami, Boston, Los Angeles and New York.The country’s highest Covid-19 rate is in Blaine County, Idaho, home to 22,277 residents and the Sun Mountain ski resort.

Click on the link for the full article