Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

38 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

JuJu is, randomly, the youngest listed pure UFA receiver this coming offseason, just turned 24 now. 

That is worth the investment and fits with the direction we are trying to build in.

JuJu is a great team guy as he hasn't complained about touches (or lack thereof). That being said, I would say he makes sense if the price for him is 20%-30% lower than what Robinson, Golladay and Godwin get. If it's close you have to go with one of those 3

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Nope. Don’t disagree. I’d like an upgrade at FS. But I don’t think it’s necessarily dire. LB is. It’s real dire :ols:

I know.  I was just messing with your laser focus on LB.  😀   i haven't rewatched Reaves but if I recall the PFF guy who watched his debut was really impressed with him.

If they upgrade MLB, with someone like David (assuming Tampa doesn't resign/franchise him) imagine the D then?

14 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Cant we get creative with a trade? One that has us picking up some of that dead cap to help the Lions.

I think the Rams did something similar with Talib.

Not sure how that would work?  Maybe.  I don't know if you can bail a team out of dead cap in a trade. 

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

safety might be ok now.  I know @KDawgwould disagree with this 😀 vehemently but it looks like our code red position to address on defense might just be squarely LB.   

I haven’t watched any Jets games this year, no idea how he has been. Seems like he hasn’t done that well, Mims and Crowder aren’t terrible receivers and I have no idea how there O line is since they drafted Becton. His ceiling is higher than Haskins but like you said I don’t want to waste anytime with this defense and he seems like he needs to develop 

31 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Some say Matt Ryan. But that dude would cost them 40 million in deadcap.  The out for him is 2022 nor 2021.

ATL can definitely get out of that deal in 2021. A contract restructure that pushing his guaranteed 5.5mil salary into the buying team would drag the dead cap to mid 40s, but his cap number is 40mil anyway so it’s broadly a wash. But it is a big number, granted.

10 minutes ago, max21 said:

I haven’t watched any Jets games this year, no idea how he has been. Seems like he hasn’t done that well, Mims and Crowder aren’t terrible receivers and I have no idea how there O line is since they drafted Becton. His ceiling is higher than Haskins but like you said I don’t want to waste anytime with this defense and he seems like he needs to develop 

It concerns me that Flacco looked better with the Jets supporting cast than Darnold did.   I haven't really studied Darnold in a long time maybe I will after the season.  

PFF has Darnold ranked almost dead last. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 1.40.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 1.41.05 PM.png

Here's PFF rankings for LB.  Off the top of my head the #4, #5 and #13 guys are likely FAs

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 1.44.51 PM.png

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It concerns me that Flacco looked better with the Jets supporting cast than Darnold did.   I haven't really studied Darnold in a long time maybe I will after the season.  

PFF has Darnold ranked almost dead last. 

Here's PFF rankings for LB.  Off the top of my head the #4, #5 and #13 guys are likely FAs

Looks to me like if we get a MLB for him to be good he at least needs to wear #54. LOL

3 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Cant we get creative with a trade? One that has us picking up some of that dead cap to help the Lions.

I think the Rams did something similar with Talib.

Lucas really is the new Nsekhe. He's a stiff who is blessed with a big frame and Inspector Gadget arms. This allows him to be good in pass pro but he is a total plodder as a run blocker. What does that mean? He's the perfect swing tackle

I was never a Ross P fan but HATE that a division rival stole him. 

Week after week Bostic receives media accolades for a big play while he properly is ranked the lowest on the team....substantially!  When was the last time our MLB position was ranked decently. 

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

I was never a Ross P fan but HATE that a division rival stole him. 

Week after week Bostic receives media accolades for a big play while he properly is ranked the lowest on the team....substantially!  When was the last time our MLB position was ranked decently. 

Fletcher?

Zach Brown year 1?  

11 hours ago, jsharrin55 said:

Fletcher?

Zach Brown year 1?  

Yup your on it. If feels like an eternity since Fletch retired. ZB's first year was pretty decent in the middle and all the other years have been rough. 

3 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I wonder if the Jets cut C.J Mosley in the offseason.

Hmmmm....There was a reason why he was targeted heavily 2 years ago! You have been doing a great job of coming up with potential available LB's!!!

25 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

looks like they have lots of dead cap if they let him go

Yep but that’s really only down to guaranteed elements of his future salaries. They could easily be restructured out if their is either an amicable agreement to part ways, or a team is willing to offer up say a day 3 pick.

I don’t see them paying him 2022 through 2024 tho, so could be one to watch.

Archived