Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

40 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Sign Reddick, Sean Lee and Hooker to this defense, resign Darby.

While upgrading LB, especially ILB will be a high priority, I don't think the oft injured 34 year old Lee would be an upgrade. I would guess they scour FA and go hard after ILB so it is settled prior to the draft.

Darby has been very good and he would be a good resigning! Reddick is incredible 

3 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

While upgrading LB, especially ILB will be a high priority, I don't think the oft injured 34 year old Lee would be an upgrade. I would guess they scour FA and go hard after ILB so it is settled prior to the draft.

Darby has been very good and he would be a good resigning! Reddick is incredible 

You're probably right about Lee, but great ILBs don't become FAs very often until this point in their career and I'd love to see Lee on our team. As long as he is healthy come the playoffs, I don't care if he's oft injured.

55 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Sign Reddick, Sean Lee and Hooker to this defense, resign Darby.

Reddick has had a slow start to his career, I recall even some talk a season ago that the Cards might release him.  but what a game yesterday.  PFF doesn't rate him highly even this season but he seems to have hit his stride at the perfect time -- right before FA. 

But sounds like if we get him he'd supplant Holcomb at outside LB versus manning the inside.

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/living-on-the-edge-haason-reddick-finally-finds-his-home

Reddick was moved to inside linebacker out of college for a couple of reasons. He had elite athletic testing numbers at the combine, which projected him as a great cover guy, and at 6-foot-1 and 235 pounds he was smaller than a typical pass-rusher.

But the mental aspect never clicked for Reddick, which is why the Cardinals made the last-ditch effort to put him back on the edge. While he will never be the towering presence of a player like Jones, Reddick has fit in perfectly as a versatile strongside linebacker.

"That's his natural position," Joseph said. "That's where he wanted to play. That's his best fit in this defense, and he's been lights out. … He can rush. He can set an edge. He can drop into space. He is the prototype for our SAM 'backer in this defense."

Even though he had to essentially start from scratch by switching positions so deep into his career, Reddick was never upset. He was actually relieved.

"I'm way more comfortable," Reddick said. "Everyone knows that playing outside linebacker is similar to what I did in college, as far as playing D-end. It allows me to go out there and play think-free football. I can go out there, run around the field and let my talents take over. I think that's when I'm at my best."

After starting Reddick out at cornerback, the Temple coaching staff eventually figured out he should be on the edge. It seems the same story is playing out with the Cardinals.

"It's a beautiful thing to watch," cornerback Patrick Peterson said. "Haason has definitely found his home."

12 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

You're probably right about Lee, but great ILBs don't become FAs very often until this point in their career and I'd love to see Lee on our team. As long as he is healthy come the playoffs, I don't care if he's oft injured.

It looks like there may be some good ones becoming FA's this year. I would expect them to all be heavily studied and one or two targeted on the first day of FA.

Lee had all the best traits for a ILB-great athlete, incredible anticipation, smart, leader great tackler. Sign me up for one of these between 20-26 years old!!!

2 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

It looks like there may be some good ones becoming FA's this year. I would expect them to all be heavily studied and one or two targeted on the first day of FA.

Lee had all the best traits for a ILB-great athlete, incredible anticipation, smart, leader great tackler. Sign me up for one of these between 20-26 years old!!!

I'd say 20-22 because to get one like Lee, you either draft him or get him when he's old. I'm sure he'll want to go to a winner and we're trending that way.

A few of us were talking about how DBs will want to come here because of the Dline making their life easier, but I'm sure LBers will think about moving around clean too.

12 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

And I would laugh at him, make an offer, you never know. The $45M is in the 5th year of the contract and doubtful its guaranteed.

We'll see where they set the ceiling on the cap but we may be the most interesting team with the most cap space except for maybe NE.

I'm really warming up to the idea of Dak being the QB. 

TY Hilton is going to be a free agent as well. He started poorly into the season (apparently was injured) but has had a couple of great games recently. I always liked his game. He is 31 and has been banged up a bit recently but he might be available for a reasonable price.

Roullier’s price has definitely gone up this season. He must be looking at what, 8mil per year from someone?

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Stating the obvious but man we need to figure out that QB spot this off season.  If we do that, we'd be so dangerous. 

I think that is why Rivera will sway towards a vet QB starter as opposed to a rookie, we should drafting one but not to start in 2021 seems the way we might be heading.

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Roullier’s price has definitely gone up this season. He must be looking at what, 8mil per year from someone?

I think that is why Rivera will sway towards a vet QB starter as opposed to a rookie, we should drafting one but not to start in 2021 seems the way we might be heading.

With us likely picking #19 or later in the draft, i am ok with a veteran but whom?  i don't think the pickings will be that great.

I'd bet Dallas franchises Dak.  Letting Dak go to the WFT would be a PR nightmare for Dallas that would be historic.  So am guessing no way that happens.

I listened to a Lions reporter recently say he thinks Stafford will be kept but admitted a new coaching staff brings a wild card element to that. 

Some say Matt Ryan. But that dude would cost them 40 million in deadcap.  The out for him is 2022 nor 2021.

So that leaves us with Philip Rivers?

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/matthew-stafford-contract-lions/spcur2l1ip5w1idy4ajza30en

The Lions technically have an out in Stafford's contract after the 2020 season, but it'd be costly. If the Lions released Stafford following the season, it'd leave them with $24.85 million in dead cap. That'd be the most dead cap money taken on by a team in NFL history

Detroit would be saving money with such a move, not owing Stafford more than $40 million in base salary and roster bonuses for the next two seasons. But to choose to get rid of a still-gifted starting NFL quarterback with two years left on his contract, only to still take a decent cap blow anyway, wouldn't make much sense.

The Lions could then choose to release Stafford after the 2021 season, saving more than $20 million from his 2022 base salary and roster bonus, if that made sense at the time.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If the Lions released Stafford following the season, it'd leave them with $24.85 million in dead cap.

Cant we get creative with a trade? One that has us picking up some of that dead cap to help the Lions.

I think the Rams did something similar with Talib.

Archived