Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

17 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I was just thinking of Michael Strahan who didn’t become a force until his 5th season. His first 3 years he was active for 39 games and had a total of 13 sacks and 2 int. I don’t know how many for a loss. His 4th he had 5 more sacks. It wasn’t until his 5th that the broke out and had double digit sacks.

not saying Young is Strahan, but through 3 seasons he has 9 sacks over 28 games. There is more to the story than just sacks, but it’s hard to compare when it seems that back when Strahan was first playing they didn’t keep as good of records for DEs. 

When you mentioned Strahan, I had this distinct feeling he came in during transition from 3-4 to 4-3. I just have this thing in my head that he was originally a 3-4 end.

Turns out I was right (shocking, I know). In 1993, he had injuries but he was also stuck in a defense that was in its final year of using the 3-4. He was on a different side of the line starting out and then 3 years in switched to LDE.

Strahan, although a second round pick, was not from a huge program (Texas Southern), either.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

When you mentioned Strahan, I had this distinct feeling he came in during transition from 3-4 to 4-3. I just have this thing in my head that he was originally a 3-4 end.

Turns out I was right (shocking, I know). In 1993, he had injuries but he was also stuck in a defense that was in its final year of using the 3-4. He was on a different side of the line starting out and then 3 years in switched to LDE.

Strahan, although a second round pick, was not from a huge program (Texas Southern), either.

Thanks, I was about 14 when all that was going on so I just remembered he had a slow start to his career. I watched football back then, but I couldn’t quite remember everything. 

• Like 1

He was supposed to take Defensive end to knew heights like LT did.

best hope is he balls out and wants to sign a team friendly contract for a year or two. All the kids still love you chase. The rest of us can and will still love you chase. You just have to give a little in relationships....cant be all take

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Nobody is giving a 4th for Young right now.

Just to be clear, I don't think anybody is going to give you a 4th round pick for him.  Which is why they should take it if somebody will give them one.  It is such a clear over pay for him that they should jump on it.

10 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Just to be clear, I don't think anybody is going to give you a 4th round pick for him.  Which is why they should take it if somebody will give them one.  It is such a clear over pay for him that they should jump on it.

Yeah, but that’s also why I think they need to get him on the field asap. See if his value improves at all

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

4 hours ago, Ghost of said:

Whoa didn't realize Strahan and LT were teammates for a year.

• Like 1

This clearly wasn't your typical stinger.  They're doing Chase (or Chase for not clearing the air) a disservice by not truly explaining what he dealing with.  They did this last time with the knee and letting the narrative run wild before the true severity of the injury came out.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 9/11/2023 at 7:45 AM, Warhead36 said:

Agree with the rest of your post but Tua was awesome yesterday and looked like an MVP candidate, and was fantastic last year too before the injuries. I'll take an injury prone superstar potential QB over an injury prone superstar potential DE but either way its hindsight bias because very very few people were advocating Tua over Young at the time.

Tua is a rich man's Jimmy G.  He has phenomenal accuracy throwing in between the numbers, but otherwise he's pretty average.  That production comes from playing in that Mike McDaniel offense and throwing to the best WR tandem in the league.  But he has a noodle arm and a history of leg injuries and concussions.  If he played here, he'd probably be a below average starter, if his career ever even got that far.  I would rather have Sam Howell's upside because at least he has high end mobility and a good arm.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Going Commando said:

Was that your little pet nickname for him?

No, that was someone else, I just get a chuckle from it.

EDIT: Yeah that was ggarriso who came up with it and he used it before Chase's injury in 2021 (as early as October.) I also used it in relationship to his actual play on the field in 2021 (though posted immediately after his injury and long after, of course.)

Edited by Ghost of
Wanted to search to confirm something

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

This clearly wasn't your typical stinger.  They're doing Chase (or Chase for not clearing the air) a disservice by not truly explaining what he dealing with.  They did this last time with the knee and letting the narrative run wild before the true severity of the injury came out.  

It’s weird how Ron keeps this in house and close, but blabs about everything else.

“Yeah, Chase has a stinger in his neck, that’s all I can say. Next question please”

”yeah, Harry Paws here with K9 News. What do you want to get for Brissett?”

”Well, everyone in the building would like a 1st of course. We will try to get that, but ultimately we’ll just release him if no one offers the first…..Brrrrp….excuse me, I just ate my wife’s tuna fish meatloaf and it always messes with my insides. Next question please.”

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HigSkin said:

😂😂

Unless Montez keeps that kind of performance up against legit good O lines, there's no way I'm giving him a huge deal.  He has a tendency to feast against weak competition and then disappear for games on end against legit studs.  I hope he doesn't disappear this year as his competition gets stronger.  I'd love for him to blossom into the stud the coaches think he can be.  We definitely need a Dexter Manley / Charles Mann type guy at at last one DE spot.  (Young isn't ever going to be that guy for us, IMO.)    Montez by all accounts is a really good guy off the field.  Lots of character, too.  

Got a lot more to prove though.  

42 minutes ago, Hooper said:

From a good source --

Chase and his agent are being cautious because he is a FA. They don't want him to get hurt before he gets paid. 

Meaning Chase is driving this delay not the team. 

that’s not true. The team already said the doctors have not cleared him. They can’t lie about that or they risk sanctions from the league.  And if he is driving it why would they help him?   And he told Kiem he feels good and wants to play.  So no, Chase is not driving the delay.  He wants to play.   

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Hooper said:

From a good source --

Chase and his agent are being cautious because he is a FA. They don't want him to get hurt before he gets paid. 

Meaning Chase is driving this delay not the team. 

If that were true all the teams would see this and he would not be proving he is worthy of a big pay day. He also would have already lost interest by the Commanders and their new owners by dragging his feel to play.

To me, Chase sure comes across like a guy that wants to play and be apart of the team based on his cheerleading alone on the sideline. 

• Thumb up 1

Chase’s value right now is based on speculation…not enough tape to warrant any kind of significant money.  If he wants to get paid, he can only increase his value on the field.  We’ve seen many a first round “can’t miss” prospects miss for whatever reason.  Chase isn’t an anomaly.  He’s never available.  He does have age on his side tho so it would behoove him to get right and produce.  Id love for it to be here, but as of now, he barely warrants a roster spot

• Like 2