Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

I think he looked really good while going almost exclusively against the best tackle in football. The pass rush was a bit rusty but he was really good against the run (and everyone knows what Trent usually does to his opponents in the run game).

Very encouraging for his first game. 

He also had a really good rep on the deep TD to Kittle where he beat Trent and then got held by Trent and the LG and pulled to the ground. Unfortunately that wasn't called even though the ref looked right at him.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Chase exceeded my expectations.  I was expecting Chase to look slow and possibly out of position and/or losing contain.  I was impressed and wrong as Chase looked good especially considering he hasn’t been on the field for 13 months.  I’m hoping that he will continue to progress for a playoff push and next year become the game wrecking monster we all hoped for.  

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Panninho said:

Could have had Herbert. Thats it. Thats my statement. And that is why you ALWAYS take the best QB available at two. Dont care about the "Generational" whatever at that spot. If you have a QB rated in the top 12 you take them at two. You just do. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 2

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

Could have had Herbert. Thats it. Thats my statement. And that is why you ALWAYS take the best QB available at two. Dont care about the "Generational" whatever at that spot. If you have a QB rated in the top 12 you take them at two. You just do. 

But he wasn’t the consensus best available QB.  Tua was.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Did I say best? Where did I say best? If you have the second pick you take a QB. Period. End of story. 

With that said the pick better hit or you could wind up like the Jets. You have to trust the scouting and not force a pick for the sake of forcing it. Chase was the safe choice but its easier to scrutinize with the benefit of hindsight for information. I wish our pick was Herbert now but not at the time. Who knew?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

best available

Best available is not the best. Big difference. Every pick in the draft is a crap shoot. No guarantee any pick will hit. May as well take the position that means the most at 2.

31 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

you could wind up like the Jets

Yes. Picking another QB until you hit. That is the entirely what I am saying. You keep picking QB's until you find your guy. 

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Best available is not the best. Big difference. Every pick in the draft is a crap shoot. No guarantee any pick will hit. May as well take the position that means the most at 2.

Yes. Picking another QB until you hit. That is the entirely what I am saying. You keep picking QB's until you find your guy. 

Trust me I understand what your saying but there is other considerations at play with first round picks. These include decisions such as FA QBs, selling tickets, coaching staff longevity etc. You cant just throw darts with your first round picks or you will cycle through credibility quite fast.  Using other lower round picks on QBs works sometimes too. It is a calculated risk. 

I mean, they do keep throwing resources at the position. Inherited a first round pick, signed Fitzpatrick, traded for Wentz, drafted Howell… I get it that none of those have panned out, but there are people who say they haven’t even tried to address the position. They are doing what they should do, taking stabs at it until one of them hits.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

With that said the pick better hit or you could wind up like the Jets. You have to trust the scouting and not force a pick for the sake of forcing it. Chase was the safe choice but its easier to scrutinize with the benefit of hindsight for information. I wish our pick was Herbert now but not at the time. Who knew?

Exactly. Imagine if the Jets took someone like Sewell, Chase, Parsons, Surtain jr etc.

Now maybe they legitimately really loved Wilson. If that's the case then fine, you gotta take the QB there. 

But you should never chase a QB just because its a QB. That's how you end up in trouble. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Exactly. Imagine if the Jets took someone like Sewell, Chase, Parsons, Surtain jr etc.

Now maybe they legitimately really loved Wilson. If that's the case then fine, you gotta take the QB there. 

But you should never chase a QB just because its a QB. That's how you end up in trouble. 

I think the biggest flaw we all share as fans is using hindsight to formulate our current stances. There is no crystal ball and there are just as many misses than hits. I feel like some teams are just flat out fortunate when it comes to QBs. I do understand the frustration with our franchise as we really have never had an elite passer. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Panninho said:

He also had a really good rep on the deep TD to Kittle where he beat Trent and then got held by Trent and the LG and pulled to the ground. Unfortunately that wasn't called even though the ref looked right at him.

Heck of a sack on that deep throw to Kittle.  Too bad Trent had to split it with the guard....

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

Did I say best? Where did I say best? If you have the second pick you take a QB. Period. End of story. 

Ryan Leaf agrees.

36 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Now maybe they legitimately really loved Wilson.

They loved his mom.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

…And that is why you ALWAYS take the best QB available at two.

3 hours ago, Ball Security said:

But he wasn’t the consensus best available QB.  Tua was.

2 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

2 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Yes.  Yes, you did. “And that is why you ALWAYS take the best available QB at two.”

2 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Best available is not the best. Big difference. 

Ball Security CLEARLY said you said “best available QB” and not “best QB”…what are you talking about? lol…

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

OK. Flip side would they really be better off now taking any of those guys? How many wins would any of them give the Jets? One maybe two more a year? The QB is all that matters in the modern NFL. They missed on WIlson. Pick another nest year and the year after that until they hit. That is the key to success. 

4 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Ball Security CLEARLY said you said “best available QB” and not “best QB”…what are you talking about? lol…

My point was the "consensus" isnt the best most of the time. And I dont really care what the consensus says regardless. I care about finding a ****ing franchise QB. That is all that matters in the NFL.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

My point was the "consensus" isnt the best most of the time. And I dont really care what the consensus says regardless. I care about finding a ****ing franchise QB. That is all that matters in the NFL.

??…You focused on “I didn’t say ‘best’ “ and the big difference between “best available QB” and “best QB”. Not agreeing with the consensus didn’t seem to be part of your argument, just that someone was misstating what you said.